PDA

View Full Version : Who here wants to have BSL hair and not (much) longer?

juliaxena
May 13th, 2010, 03:31 AM
I think BSL hair IS long hair. Even after seeing so many member with (for me) super long hair, I find BSL to be long. I gues my taste hasn't changed. Anybody else? I guess at least I will be at my goal in reasonable time.

Sara_1987
May 13th, 2010, 04:05 AM
My hair is now a bit past BSL and I agree it is already long. Everyone I know thinks it's long.

I do want to grow my hair to waist though. But definitely will not grow it any longer.

Unofficial_Rose
May 13th, 2010, 04:14 AM
That would be me. I'd be delighted with BSL hair - not sure anything longer than that would suit me.

I have about 6 inches to go!

Let's face it, in the non-LHC world, BSL = long.:)

Tovah
May 13th, 2010, 04:16 AM
BSL is long but not long.
My goal is between BSL and waist as well. Just long enough to make a decent braid and maybe weigh down my pouffiness. I don't know though because when I was young and had that length hair, it still used to escape and accost people on the street wrapping strands around passerby's buttons and such. It was an interesting way to meet guys though.

JenniferNoel
May 13th, 2010, 04:42 AM
BSL is, to the "normal" eye, long hair. It's not short hair at least.
I plan to maintain BSL for quite some time, especially while I thicken up my weird crooked hemline.
I may eventually grow to waist or hip, but I'm not too sure right now.

countryhopper
May 13th, 2010, 04:45 AM
I'd be happy to be at BSL, though after joining the site I've been thinking more and more about waist...

I think it kind of depends because if you look at some people's hair that is at BSL, it doesn't seem very long at all (maybe if it is cut in a V hemline), yet others that have a blunt hemline but a shorter length seem to have longer hair.

I don't have any damage to cut off, thank goodness, but I'll see how many styles I can do at BSL and take it from there.... I'd like to have either a blunt or U hemline.

DaniiL
May 13th, 2010, 04:53 AM
My goal is BSL with all the layers grown out. For me that is long hair.

But I don't know how I'll feel when I get there, maybe I'll continue towards waist then...?? :D

Lisette
May 13th, 2010, 05:03 AM
I think bs is long enough for me. Now it's really short so I still have a long way to go. I think bs is (in my opinion) more beautifull to let hang down at my age (LOL) and still long enough to do updo's etc.

Lisette

FrannyG
May 13th, 2010, 05:11 AM
I'm shooting for BSL by autumn. While my ultimate goal has always been tailbone, I don't know how realistic that is for me.

I may linger between BSL and waist until the remaining damage in my hair is gone. The difference between the bottom of BSL and waist is not as much for me as it is for some people. Once the damage is gone, I may hold at waist. If it's too difficult for me to wear it down when I want to at waist length, I may stay just below BSL. I guess I won't know until I get there.

I totally agree that BSL is long hair by just about every standard except here on LHC. :D

Bethie
May 13th, 2010, 05:29 AM
For me BSL is a good starting place for "long" hair. While it isn't long by LHC standards, it is long for the rest of the world. But since I haven't had BSL hair since I was a child, I thought it would be a good place to start experimenting with long hair, I will probably maintain BSL for a while, until I get all my layers grown out, then I might continue to grow. But I won't know until I get there and start playing with hairstyles and such.

GermanCurl
May 13th, 2010, 05:36 AM
My goal is BSL and not longer than that. I think BSL is the perfect lenght whether you want to do updo's, braids or just wear it open.

toaster
May 13th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Long is relevant. I'm approaching APL, and for a guy, that's long. I think I may let it go to BSL (geez, do I have to use that term?), and that would be crazy long for any guy I know.

Yes, I know that there are guys that have hair way longer than that, but I think they are so few that statistically they are an anomaly, and don't change the fact that BSL (cringe) is long for a guy like tailbone is long for a woman.

I actually like BSL hair on a woman, it's very attractive, and I would call it long.

finecelt
May 13th, 2010, 06:06 AM
I currently have just-short-of shoulder length hair and BSL is my goal. It doesn't stop me admiring all the longer lengths though........

Igraine
May 13th, 2010, 06:08 AM
toaster raises a good point. What should BSL be called for men?:confused:

Hm, my goal used to be BSL (more precisely, just past my breasts), but then I couldn't be bothered cutting more than the ends... Everyone perceived it long, most definitely!

Siava
May 13th, 2010, 06:21 AM

Mid-back, I think.

Carolyn
May 13th, 2010, 06:22 AM
You can always change your mind when you get there :D

Maplecat
May 13th, 2010, 06:31 AM
BSL is much longer than my hair has ever been, so it seems "long" to me. My first goal is to get it to BSL.

alwayssmiling
May 13th, 2010, 06:31 AM
I'm thinking BSL would be great for me, and thats when I'm going to maintain my length for a year in order to get rid of my pre LHC hair. Then I might decide to go grow longer. I've never had hair much longer than APL so I'm not entirely sure what it will be like to have long hair or whether I am capable of growing to my waist!

melikai
May 13th, 2010, 06:32 AM
You can always change your mind when you get there :D

And in my experience, and from what I've seen, people often do! ;)

BSL was my original goal too, and seemed long to me at the time. Now, due to this place, my perspective has changed, and that length looks average-to-short to my eyes. My goal length is now Tailbone, and even that may change.

Never say never.

freckles
May 13th, 2010, 06:46 AM
I want super-long hair at least once in my life (for me that means tailbone+) but I've been thinking recently that if/when I get there and maintain for a bit to enjoy it, I'd happily cut back to BSL or so. I'm not sure I want 'super long' hair forever, and I really 'long but not super long' hair (APL-waist).

Tap Dancer
May 13th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Any length below the shoulders is long, IMO. Collarbone is my favorite length on myself and that's where I am right now, but I'm letting it grow a little longer. When I get to BSL, I usually cut it back. Sometimes I go even longer, though, so time will tell. I can't imagine letting my hair get longer than "almost waist length" since I don't think I look that good with very long hair.

hmmm
May 13th, 2010, 07:05 AM
My goal right now is classic length, but since this summer I've started to rethink it slightly. I realised that I absolutely can't stand having hair on my shoulders when it's this hot! I'm so, so glad that I can put it up now and forget about it.
Mostly I'm wondering if the amount of maintenance will increase if I grow it longer than BSL, but I don't know. I've never had hair longer than collarbone length, so even BSL would be a first-time thing for me. I'm going to take it as it comes and can't wait to learn lots of updos on the way, both to BSL and classic.

GRU
May 13th, 2010, 07:45 AM

Well, it's roughly the T-9 vertebra, so we could call it T9L! :D

GRU
May 13th, 2010, 07:48 AM
I'm right around waist now, although with curl shrinkage I appear to be more like halfway between BSL and waist. I've been thinking more and more about going shorter, just from a manageability standpoint. I have *so* much hair, ya know?

But then I get to thinking about how I've wanted long hair my whole life, and this is my last shot at it... I'm still on the fence with no clue what I really want to do!

going gray
May 13th, 2010, 07:53 AM
That would be me. I'd be delighted with BSL hair - not sure anything longer than that would suit me.

I have about 6 inches to go!

Let's face it, in the non-LHC world, BSL = long.:)

Good morning everyone, That would be me too, I'd be "tickled pink" to have healthy good looking BSL hair. Just enough for those updos, that length has always been my goal.

Mrs Sgardelis
May 13th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Yep, me too! BSL is my goal, I think much longer would drive me abit crazy.

TrudieCat
May 13th, 2010, 08:11 AM
toaster - too funny! :D GRU - love it, I'm in full support of your suggestion.
I think I only want BSL/T9L hair, but the more time I spend on this site, the more I am starting to think I might go for waist... or maybe hip... I see so many people with such beautiful super-long hair here, it makes me want to join the party!

I have never had hair as long as BSL, though, so for me that sounds loooooong.

moonlight
May 13th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I'm just about BSL now...I think my goal will be waist. Mostly because I like the way hair looks when it hangs off the thoracic curve.

However, I want it to be a length that I can wear down all the time. I already braid at night, but I don't really feel like I look good in up dos. Plus, I like layers so even at the length I am, I almost have faery ends ;)

Amelia
May 13th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Aiming for BSL this year (maybe in Setember/October?). I would like something between BSL and waist, but it all depends how it looks. My hair has a lot of strength and volume, so I'm always re-thinking my goal length. I just don't want to end up like a witch:p

But above all, I want healthy hair, and that I have learned with LHC. And that alone is priceless :inlove:

anrems
May 13th, 2010, 09:17 AM
BSL is my end goal too. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! My longest layers are just hitting the top of BSL right now but I really want to get the rest of my hair down there too... so I might grow a liiiitttle bit longer than BSL, but not much, and then hover there and trim until more of my layers get down there. That way I'll have a little more thickness (I have very thin/fine hair) Anything longer would just be too much maintenance for me!

Tabitha
May 13th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I've been maintaining at BSL for over a year now and I'm very happy with it.

My original goal was waist and I did reach a little past that last year, but once I'd got there, I was able to admit to myself that it was too much hair for me. It obscured my waist (arguably my best feature) and made me look short and blobby; it was a pain to wash and dry; it tangled a lot as it's both thick and fine; and it overwhelmed my small features. I'd also got to a stage where I was having to rethink my normal updos which had suddenly ceased to work.

Now at mid-back, it still looks and feels long, doesn't take quite so long to dry and I can still make an updo to get it out of the way and use my vast :oops: collection of pretty hair-thingies. The only downside is that because of the thickness I can't do any of the more interesting buns, but I can live with my pencil bun.

Snowball
May 13th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I think BSL is the beginning of long.

BSL was my goal until I reached it, then it was waist. Now I'm thinking I want tailbone after maintaining abit to get rid of layers and taper.

Copasetic
May 13th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I want to get a bit past BSL, when my hair is curly. This would make it pretty long when its straight, though.

GoddesJourney
May 13th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I think this is sort of like clothing sizes to me. I used to have to find xs tops because everything would hang baggy on me. Here's the thing, though, I was more like a small, maybe medium. So, I always wondered, what do the real xs girls wear? Do they have to shop in the kids section? It's the same with hair. Here, we look at hair length in strange ways. I have always though that around collarbone/shoulder and up is short. Pixie cuts are really short. APL is medium length. BSL is long. Waist+ is really long. Butt length and beyond are what I'd call superlong. Congratulations all of you with classic hair, it is superlong. I would like really long. I would take long, but I would like really long.

mattt
May 13th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Yup, my goal is about midback and that is long, but then again who knows that might change.

BrightEyes
May 13th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I'm starting over at chin length right now, and I will be so happy when I get to BSL.

I personally think that hair longer than BSL would be too hard for me to manage, and I love the look of BSL hair. I like to wear my hair down most of the time, and I highlight the top portion of my hair. So to keep my hair healthy and happy, BSL will be long enough for me.

But hey, I've never even had APL hair. So BSL is extra long in my opinion. :D

Peter
May 13th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I'm maintaining at about waist length right now. "BSL"/midback seemed too short for me, but waist length hair is a bit of a hassle. Even if I decide in the future to grow longer, I really doubt I'll go any longer than hip. :)

Toadstool
May 13th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I don't even know if I want it THAT long yet!
But, like someone says, who knows? Right now i'm concentratingf on getting all virgin short hair. Then I shall see.

jeanniet
May 13th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Officially my goal is waist, but once I reach that I'm not sure I'll stay there. Probably somewhere between BSL and waist. My real goal is to have long hair that's healthy and manageable for where and how I live. Right now I'm struggling with the effects of well water and if I can figure out how to deal with that I may be able to manage healthy waist length hair. I don't foresee going past waist, but you never know!

Gilraen
May 13th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Waist length for me, and no longer. I don't think my height could manage anything longer, and plus, I couldn't wear it down without looking silly. Person pref.

GRU
May 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM
GRU - love it, I'm in full support of your suggestion.

Hey, my anatomy class finally paid off! ;)

So, I always wondered, what do the real xs girls wear? Do they have to shop in the kids section?

A little OT, but back in the day when I was wearing size 2-4 jeans (and this was not recently, I assure you!), I did actually have to shop in the little girl section for underwear. They made pants in my size for women, but not panties (at least not in any of my usual stores -- I'm quite cheap/frugal/thrifty/tight-with-a-dollar, so I shop in places like Target, K-Mart, Walmart... the only time I ever go to the mall is to take my kid to see Santa!).

The really depressing thing was the fact that they don't make plain old white bikini panties for little girls. They all had flowers, Barbie, Disney Princesses, days of the week, or some other juvenile printing on them. I could have even handled pastel colors as long as they didn't have a design to them, but I could find no such thing. And I felt like some kind of pervert, shopping in the little girl section. Being skinny isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Sunny_side_up
May 13th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I was looking at getting to BSL and maintaining there. Though i may change my mind and go slightly further, the longer the ol' layers are getting the more im acepting them and sooo glad i havn't trimmed my hair:disco:

Akiko
May 13th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I am at waist now and think about cutting off 3-4 inches to midback (27-28inch point). Other than my bun getting bigger, I have not been able to add any more updo styles since that midback length.

Certain styles are more secure. But a bun like cinnabun is harder for me now. French twist is really not too comfortable any more. It's too bulky. My hair gets tangled more often.

I keep asking myself the same question. Is it worth to have waist long hair? It was easier to manage several inches ago... When I see so many long hair people like TBL and beyond here, BSL starts to look short. But BSL or a little longer than that is really practical for me.

I have not made up my mind yet, though.

redneckprincess
May 13th, 2010, 10:59 AM
for the time being I dont want to go much past BSL...that could change once I get there and even though

marisa
May 13th, 2010, 11:14 AM
BSL is my goal as well! For me, that is long.
I have had chin-length bobs for the past however many years and am loving a longer look these days.

pennylane
May 13th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Another vote here for BSL. :)

Kalyca
May 13th, 2010, 04:38 PM
my ultimate goal was at one time bsl.. but now I'm thinking of the more extreme lengths like tailbone & classic. not sure though.. if that would be too impractical for me though. bsl is definitely pretty long in my eyes, and I've never had hair that long before so I'm aiming for that for now. once I hit bsl, I'll decide from there if I want to continue on the long hair journey or not.. lol. i am barely just hitting shoulders right now, so I have a way to go.

invisiblebabe
May 13th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Me! :) I am at BSL now and don't intend to go past waist.

I have had classic length hair, all through high school. I liked it at the time and don't regret it, but I don't want it again. It was too hard for me to keep it thick enough on the ends AND a color I liked.

LoveMyMutt
May 13th, 2010, 05:36 PM
While I love the idea of classic length -- and love seeing all the beautiful superlong hair on LHC -- I don't think I would let mine go much past waist. I think somewhere between BSL and waist will be it for me. I'm short & short waisted so there is only about a 4" difference between the two.

I don't think I'd look good with hair longer than my waist. I'm short, and I have a *lot* of hair, so at some point I will look like a giant blob of hair with a bit of a person attached. Also, my waist is one of my good features -- I have a small waist and I think waist-length hair will emphasize that. I really do not need to draw more attention to my hips, though, so don't really want my hair down there.

Another consideration is that I don't really like wearing updos, I think they make me look kind of old and severe. But once you get beyond waist, it seems that you really have to wear updos most of the time as there is just too much hair to manage when it's down, plus it's getting caught in things, etc.

So somewhere between BSL and waist is my goal.

madisenz
May 13th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Me! I am growing my hair to at least BSL. I think I will try for waist at longest.

Dream0331
May 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I plan on reaching and maintaining BSL. I find it so pretty and I doubt my hair would stand much longer then that, plus I`d be afraid of DH eating it in his sleep...

kschr2004
May 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I was just about at waist last February before I cut to shoulder length. One reason I cut it was because when my hair gets that long it is just too heavy and thick to really do anything with it.

Now my goal is to get back to BSL and to maintain there. Even at APL I am already using the large Ficcares and the XL Flexi-8's for updos. I remember that I couldn't even use the Ficcares once my hair was past BSL.

hairg33k
May 13th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I want to go to at least BSL and once I get there I will see whether or not I like it or if I wanna go longer :) right now I'm thinking that would be a good length because I don't want to spend too much time on my hair if it's really long. So, for now I want to reach BSL!

VintageBrooklyn
May 13th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I have had tailbone length hair before and am trying to get there again, but my goal for the moment is BSL. I think BSL is long but not as noticable as waist length and longer. When I had mine to my butt, everyone commented on it being so long, but yes, for now, just BSL and I'll be a happy camper!!! :)

atlantaz3
May 13th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I'm just past bsl now and really don't think my hair will get any longer. Yes I would love to have waist length hair but I'm content with my hair the length it is now. I've been wearing it up for a month or so now to see if protecting the ends will gain some length.

strwbrry dakri
May 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM
My goal is BSL with all the layers grown out. For me that is long hair.

But I don't know how I'll feel when I get there, maybe I'll continue towards waist then...?? :D

Exactly this. I have never had hair much longer than shoulder, close to APL, so I am in unexplored territory here. If I can get BSL with a blunt, U hemline, then I shall see how far I am willing to go.

voluspa
May 13th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I have BSL hair, and to be honest, I think it would feel a lot longer if it were straight. In fact it's only been when I straightened it that I started to notice I actually had long hair. There's something about my wavy-curly hair that makes it feel so much shorter for some reason (aside from the obvious shrinkage factor.) To leave it naturally wavy I'd have to grow it out to waist length to feel like it was long enough. I don't know why that is.

jennifermarie12
May 13th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Currently I'm in between BSL and waist, and want to get to at least waist length. My maximum length I'd be willing to have is hip or TBL-mainly because after that point you pretty much have to have it up everyday or it gets caught in stuff or sat on.

IcarusBride
May 13th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I've always had BSL hair. I've always thought it was long. In the past, I thought longer-than-waist hair was physically impossible! Haha But now I'm trying to grow super-long hair.

gypsychild
May 13th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I consider BSL hair to be quite long. Any longer for me would just be irritating and I don't ever plan to grow past that. Back in middle school, I'd always get annoyed with hair getting caught in backpack straps...I can't imagine my ends being knee-length.

Katurday
May 13th, 2010, 08:45 PM
BSL is long hair. I think once I reach it, I'll start to be happy with my hair. START. I'm not interested in representing the "norm" of long hair, I want to be a cool weirdo and grow extra long to waist. Waist is that wonderful territory where random people won't point and stare (because it occasionally happens to normal, BSL girls who get careless with trims) but at the same time its a mountain of long beautiful weird hair.

Jessica Trapp
May 13th, 2010, 09:36 PM
My hair grows fairly slow so I had BSL hair for long time... it's a really good length. Very versatile and has a nice swing to it.

:)

hanne jensen
May 14th, 2010, 03:13 AM
For me, BSL is long hair. I've never in my life had hair that long. I'll be maintaining at BSL for a while (when I finally get there) to dust out damage and to grow my longest layer out.

ptnicole
May 14th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I am definitely shooting for WL, but have a feeling I will maintain BSL while I trim years of torture off the ends! Although I have to admit, after 2 weeks of reading the awesome threads on this site and using the tricks of the trade, my hair already feels better than ever!

JBO
May 14th, 2010, 10:08 PM
BSL is my goal too. I think it's a fine length, for me at least. It's manageable. I commend anyone that can care for hair much longer than that.

I am pretty short to and I think super duper long hair would kinda overwhelm me.

So hopeful I will have my BSL hair by the end of the year. Hopefully.

my2cats1
May 14th, 2010, 10:26 PM
My ultimate goal is BSL. I've never had anything longer than almost-APL, so BSL is really long to me. BSL seems like it would still be "short" enough to keep healthy, but still in the definate long range.

It seems everything between SL and BSL is an in-between stage.

I've heard that things seem easier (less "in-between") once you get to APL......I'm trying! :) Should be there by this fall, I think.

rapunzhell13
May 14th, 2010, 10:34 PM
I used to consider BSL long, until LHC corrupted me. :p Now I can't imagine aiming for anything shorter than hip! BSL is long to most people though and it's a nice manageable length that still lends itself to many an updo.

lastnite
May 14th, 2010, 10:34 PM
yep, I maintain between BSL and waist length. my hair is fine, so any longer and it doesn't really look good. I also like to have a length that's easy to wear down and is just more manageable. right now I'm focusing on just having thicker, healthy hair.

minkstole
May 15th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I would be stoked to reach BSL!
With my different hairtectures, parts that simply will not grow, and old damage thrown in, I think that it´s the most realistic goal for me. Waist would be cool too, but sadly, I don´t see it happening.

paper
May 15th, 2010, 06:36 AM
I haven't decided on a goal length yet. But, BSL would be the longest I would go. That would feel really long to me.

jasper
May 15th, 2010, 06:59 AM
I like BSL. I think I've been most pleased with my hair at that length (at different times- I'm about waist length now) I have a lot of taper from an angled cut a few years back and I think if I cut to BSL now, I could be rid of that taper.

boomtownrat
May 15th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I think BSL is long, but admittedly my standards are probably not those of most people here. Compared to the way I've worn my hair all my life, APL is pretty long. ;) I don't know how long I'd like my hair to be ultimately, but BSL seems like a nice goal. Once I finally get there, after I've gotten rid of all the dyed bits, maybe I'll decide to go for waist or longer. The longest my hair has ever been was APL.

Kuchen
May 15th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Me. I'm currently a bit above BSL but growing.

JenniferNoel
May 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Update, I've had BSL hair for a while now, and I actually posted a thread about "mental terminal" several days ago. I'm starting to feel that maybe I'll refrain from too much trimming and let it get to midback or waist just to see, which will only take a couple months, and if I know I don't like it, I can just snip it off again.
It's good to try, eh?

jaine
May 15th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I want to stop at the length where my hair is twice as "long" as my head, when viewed from the front.

Like this:

http://www.latina.com/files/0407mrod_article.jpg
http://blogs.smarter.com/blogs/guests/long-hairstyles4.jpg

I just think it's proportionally a very beautiful length. It might be a few inches longer than BSL but not much longer.

Kitteh
May 15th, 2010, 02:55 PM

breezefaerie
May 15th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I'm aiming for halfway between BSL and WL. For me, that's as long as I would like to go. Not long by LHC standards but long for me :)

klcqtee
May 16th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I want to stop at the length where my hair is twice as "long" as my head, when viewed from the front.

Like this:

http://www.latina.com/files/0407mrod_article.jpg
http://blogs.smarter.com/blogs/guests/long-hairstyles4.jpg

I just think it's proportionally a very beautiful length. It might be a few inches longer than BSL but not much longer.

I agree, this is the length I'm shooting for. I'm at BSL now, and viewed from the front, my hair is at least 3" too short. Because of that, I'm shooting for a v shape with layers from just below waist to just above BSL to deal with the weight issues.

rachelily
May 18th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Me! I want my hair to hit BSL and then stop there. I think long hair works on some people, but definitely not all, the same way certain colors and cuts look good on certain people! Just because you like it does not mean it works for your face shape or body type. I know if I went longer than BSL my face would get too elongated and as a very thin person, would be way too vertical for me.

I think this is something a lot of women overlook!

dropinthebucket
May 18th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I'm stopping at BSL. Would *love* to go longer, but once I hit BSL, I'm going to work on thickening up the ends (hemline) and of course, I've got all this hendigo to grow out. :( I'll have to start cutting it off some time. If I stay at BSL I might actually have one-toned hair again some time in the next 10 years! :)

christine1989
May 18th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I agree that BSL is quite long. My plan is to gow it to there then see how I like it before continuing to grow.

honeybrown1976
May 18th, 2010, 09:13 PM
No longer than MBL. I'm 5'2 and the thought of having hair longer than that scares me. It'd be too heavy.

May
May 18th, 2010, 10:54 PM
I have BSL listed as my goal in my profile but when I reach it I will most likely grow to waist and possibly longer. BSL is my big goal for now though. I'm at neck length now so BSL *is* long to me I can't really imagine myself with hair longer than waist but you never know what the future holds :D

alles_klars
June 9th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Me! I'm 6 foot tall, so BSL on me is a lot of hair!

I'm currently just above BSL but I have a lot of layers - asked a hairdresser to 'tidy up my ends' before my best mate's wedding, bad plan - the shortest of which are not quite shoulder length. Had a trim about a month ago - 1" off the length, 1/2" off the layers, and I think I'm gonna get the length trimmed to just above BSL every six months or so until the layers aren't so drastic. It's at a weird stage where the layers are doing their bouncy wavy thing with great aplomb, whilst the length is heavy enough to be straighter ie when it's humid I look like I'm wearing a curly hairpiece!

BSL will be the longest I've ever had it, so I'd like to maintain there, sort out the layers, get more of a U-shaped hemline (it's currently a severe V) before even thinking about going longer.

goodenough
June 9th, 2010, 10:55 AM
My plan is to not go much past apl all one length, or BSL if layered. Once my kids are grown or I'm not quite as active in swimming, gym, etc., I plan on growing to superlengths at least once. (maybe in my fifties.)

Beatrice
June 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I'd like to try growing to waist, but I doubt that's going to happen. I don't think I could handle comments from the family, or having to wear updos all the time. I couldn't wear it down during the week working in a stodgy field like law. And as others have said, I'm a bit on the short side. I don't want to be dwarfed by my hair.

xpeacelovekoala
June 10th, 2010, 08:00 PM
I definitely would like to get to BSL, then decide what to do from there.

This is actually my first post in this community.. hah.

I'm starting from collar bone length, so BSL (or just a tad bit longer) will be great, not much longer, because I'm only 5' tall and anything longer would probably look silly on me. (:

mrs carol
June 10th, 2010, 08:18 PM
BSL is long. I keep my hair at waist length now. That is where I am most comfortable with the length of my hair.

Jordan S.
June 11th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Me. Waist length would just seem to extreme looking on me. I'm aiming for brastrap.

gypsychild
June 11th, 2010, 12:47 AM
I posted here a while back that I didn't plan to grow any longer than BSL. After seeing so many things on the site (especially hairstyles) I'm thinking of extending that goal to between BSL and waist. Back in seventh grade I nearly had BSL hair and I remember it still being too short to do a nice bun or a decent length braid. BSL is a good length for those wearing it down all the time, but I believe I'll be happier with it a bit longer.

countryhopper
June 11th, 2010, 01:40 AM
welcome, xpeacelovekoala!

To the shorties: I'm short, too! I plan to see how long BSL looks on me and then see how much longer I'll grow. Have you ever noticed that on some people BSL can look like SL and on others BSL can look like WL?

kristymarie87
June 11th, 2010, 02:58 AM
I'm aiming for BSL.

Its not the logest i've been, when i was younger my hair was below my bum...i dont know what that is...longer than tailbone?

The longest my hair was as a teenager (i'm now 22) was maybe between BSL and waist.

I think i'll grow to BSL and see how i manage the washing and if it suits me now obv my features have changed a bit etc.

My mini goal is APL and i know i'll be over the moon when i hit that! BSL on me is quite long as my torso is long.

Ally<3
June 11th, 2010, 08:27 AM
I'm looking at bsl or waist at the moment. You need to remember too that bsl on a short person and bsl on a tall personal can be a hugely different amount of hair.

myrrhmaiden
June 11th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I've had all sorts of long and longer aspirations since joining. I think I'm guilty of "my eyes being bigger than my stomach" - something my mom would say to us kids about taking too much food, then not being able to finish it. I see all the gorgeous hair here and I can't help but covet it. However, I am at BSL now and I'm wondering how much I'll be able to put up with realistically. My hair is thick and heavy. It already strangles me at night, gets caught in everything and takes a good 5 hours to air dry during the day.

I'm going to take it as it comes. Waist is my next goal. I guess I'll stop when I'm satisfied - if that day ever comes.

curlytm
June 11th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Ally<3, I totally agree. I'm a pretty short gal, so what is "long" on my body would be much shorter on another women if you are just looking at the "inches" measurement. And for me, since I have big curly hair, my hair at waist length can look overwhelming on my frame--which is a look I kind of like! :) But I haven't been waist length since my teens.

Myrrhmaiden, I'm facing the same dilemma. I remember how long my hair took to dry in the past due to its thickness/density on my scalp. It already takes ages to air dry at shoulder length. Good luck on your journey to waist! :)