PDA

View Full Version : my local long hair inspiration...CUT her hair

redneckprincess
May 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I havent seen it yet but I heard she went to top of shoulders from about hip or longer...she had talked about it for some time now and plans just to grow it all back again...now I can no longer say I am (eventually) going for her length hair...just wanted to share, thats all...how do you feel when your hair inspiration makes a BIG chop?

spidermom
May 12th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I'm usually surprised when this happens, but it doesn't affect me personally. I've still got my own goals. One of my neighbors really shocked me a few months ago. He used to wear his hair about APL, straight, and blond. One day I saw a man with short, white, curly hair talking to my husband out by the fence, and it was the same man. I couldn't believe it! I had no idea he had been dyeing and straightening his hair.

Cholera
May 12th, 2010, 01:33 PM
There was a pharmacist at my local Fred Meyer who had the most beautiful curly hip-length blonde hair. She got pregnant, and I think it was bothering her a lot, so she cut it to her shoulder. It still looks really good, but it makes me sad! I always tried to go through her line when we had to pick up a scrip. :<

jeanniet
May 12th, 2010, 01:52 PM
A friend of mine had always had CL hair, maybe even longer. I'd known her for 7 or 8 years and one day she just cut it all off up to her chin. It actually looked pretty good, but boy, I was shocked. She said she was just too busy to deal with her hair--she was in nursing school and under a lot of stress. Now she's a nurse and says she doesn't have time to get it cut, so she's growing it back out again. She's about at WL now. I think she mostly just wanted to try something different, because she'd had very long hair for well over ten years.

Rowanne
May 12th, 2010, 02:21 PM
A friend of mine had beautiful blond TBL hair. Then she got a modern pixie. I don't like her current hairdo but it's her hair, not mine. I don't have strong feelings about it; we're not that close and she never was a hair role model for me.

In addition to her there's only one longhair (= longer than BSL) I know but we're not close either. I don't think I'd be horrified if she cut her hair; again, it's hers, not mine :)

I have stronger feelings about chemical treatments that cause visible damage or hair that clearly needs a proper S&D session. I feel sorry for the hair - I swear I can hear it crying.

rags
May 12th, 2010, 02:32 PM
My SIL has had long hair for over 20 years (I've known her for 26 years now). Her hair was gorgeous, ankle length and thick. She chopped it to midback, highlighted it blond and started straightening it. Sigh. I still do a double take every time I see her and it's been 8 or 10 months now.

redneckprincess
May 12th, 2010, 02:34 PM
What is CL and WL?

I'm not horified by her cutting her hair, (hey, mine is longer then hers now). I just wondered how others feel when you have friends or aquantinces with long hair and wind up cutting it short?

Carolyn
May 12th, 2010, 03:13 PM
When that has happened I am shocked at the change if I had no idea it was going to happen. I'm sad for me in that I don't get to see the beautiful long hair anymore and I always wonder about the why of it. If she likes her new length then I'm happy for her. I always have a hard time wrapping my mind around the concept of a hip to shoulder cut. But I don't really care either. I just don't get wanting to do it. Of course I'm seeing it from my own personal perspective.

growing2shine
May 12th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I knew a girl from school with beautiful classic length hair, and then one day she cut it all of and went bald. I got to admit I was in shock... like everybody else in the hole town. But it's her choice. I just don't get it, thats all.

Aevra
May 12th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I watch a show called Firefly, and one character, I don't remember the actress's name, the character's name is Inara, and in the show she has long, beautiful curly/wavy hair...unfortunatly the show Firefly isn't on TV anymore, and she was cast for a new show called V....for that show they chopped all of her hair off...

This is a picture of Inara (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/9186/Morena&#37;20Baccarin.jpg) ....

Inara in the TV show V. (http://www.wannaplaymusic.com/files/morena-baccarin-v-tv-series-promo-mq-03.jpg)

I almost cried when I saw that they cut her hair off.

jeanniet
May 12th, 2010, 04:25 PM
What is CL and WL?

I'm not horified by her cutting her hair, (hey, mine is longer then hers now). I just wondered how others feel when you have friends or aquantinces with long hair and wind up cutting it short?
CL = classic length; WL = waist length. At least that's what I meant. ; ) I dunno, I was surprised when she did it because she'd had it long for years, but it's her hair. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I told her it looked good (it did).

Arctic_Mama
May 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I watch a show called Firefly, and one character, I don't remember the actress's name, the character's name is Inara, and in the show she has long, beautiful curly/wavy hair...unfortunatly the show Firefly isn't on TV anymore, and she was cast for a new show called V....for that show they chopped all of her hair off...

This is a picture of Inara (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/9186/Morena%20Baccarin.jpg) ....

Inara in the TV show V. (http://www.wannaplaymusic.com/files/morena-baccarin-v-tv-series-promo-mq-03.jpg)

Her name is Morena Baccarin, and my husband and I were shocked as well! He didn't even recognize it was her, I had to point it out, and then he grumbled that she was a ton prettier with her curls. He's a longhair admirer, thats for sure!

FrannyG
May 12th, 2010, 04:43 PM
When that happens, I am always temporarily selfishly unhappy for myself not being able to admire the hair. However, I realize that people have their own private and personal reasons for wanting to cut their hair, and as long as they're happy, that's good enough for me.

Nastasia
May 12th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Oh wow, Morena Baccarin looks different with short hair.

A few of my long-haired friends have cut their hair short recently. It makes me a bit sad, but it's their hair, and they've had pretty good reasons. One girl had very thick hair down to her thighs. It got so heavy that she couldn't wear it up, so her options were limited and it was often in the way. Another had hair that tangled very easily and could take hours to untangle if she left it down for a while. She just got tired of having to spend so much time and effort on it.

And, from a purely selfish viewpoint, now I have less competition for Bestest Hair Ever. :D

Yozhik
May 12th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Recently, a coworker cut her BSL hair to above shoulder. She wasn't a hair idol of mine, but I had always admired that it was so shiny and thick. When I commented on her cut, she sounded a little insecure about her decision, and although personally I liked it better long, I complimented the new cut :)

As for Inara -- I've always thought she was so gorgeous with long hair! I'm sad to see all of that hair go :(

tarn
May 12th, 2010, 05:44 PM
We had a teacher at school whose hair was about tail bone length. She would wear it in a braid all the time and it suited her well. Then one day she came to school with it cut up to her ears in what I call a 'mum cut'. So sad. I can understand if it was for hair donation purposes, but just for a change? Sigh.

Zombiekins
May 12th, 2010, 06:09 PM

This is a picture of Inara (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/9186/Morena%20Baccarin.jpg) ....

When "they" cut her hair? I'm pretty sure she cut it short herself years ago. Her hair on V is a little shorter than I saw previously, but there is a movie (Brazilian?) in which she has very short hair. She looks like a completely different person compared to on Firefly. I definitely preferred her with the long hair too, as it set her apart and she looked more feminine and striking. The short hair is ok, but instead of setting her apart, I think it actually makes her look a little less unique.

invisiblebabe
May 12th, 2010, 06:17 PM

I watched Firefly too :) I own the DVD. hehe.

I don't care for her hair in V, either, although I do think her acting is great.

Aer
May 12th, 2010, 06:40 PM
She wasn't my inspiration, but there was this girl a year older than me, and my friend in middle school, and while everyone was straightening their hair and doing the super bleach thing (not knocking it, it was the fad), she had soft black hair with natural sable streaks, and it was past butt length, and really just the most gorgeous head of hair I had ever seen. She was a beautiful girl either way, she was pink pale and freckled, but anyway she goes to spring break in 8th grade, and when she came back, her hair was chin length. It honestly didn't look good, but I figured it was her hair, so her choice. Well it turns out her step mom had gotten drunk at a family party, and a friend of the family raved about the girls hair, and later her step mom cornered her the bathroom and basically forcefully chopped it. I think it was some weird jealousy thing. This really happened, (her older cousins explained it to me). I felt horrible for her, but I saw her a moth or so ago, and its almost as long as it was in school. I think I floated to a totally different subject sorry.

grmn-rpnzl
May 12th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I just wondered how others feel when you have friends or aquantinces with long hair and wind up cutting it short?

When i i had long hair in elementry school going into middle school whenever i saw a girl who had longer hair then me and she would cut it off, i would think " yes, now im in the lead, who's next!" I felt like it was a competition who had the longest hair. Sadly i forfeited 3 times in my life :( . Im not gonna give up again!

Animae
May 12th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I totally do that too. I like having longer hair than most of the girls around me. Except for my best friend who has WL straight hair that is amazingly shiny and nice. And she does nothing except forget to go get a hair cut.

Cirafly24
May 12th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I knew two girls in elementary school that had classic length, super thick hair. In sixth grade, within days of each other, they both got their hair cut to about chin length. I was oddly disappointed. I didn't have or want long hair when I was in sixth grade. In fact, I don't remember giving a thought to my hair at all, but for some reason it made me a little sad.

lilravendark
May 12th, 2010, 07:57 PM
My best friend recently cut his lovely dark curly about longer than bsl hair to about a number 2 LOL he came over last night I had to touch his head and felt like my BBB when his hair was longer it was so soft! He's still my mate though I woudn't swap him a million long haired dudes haha

Cupofmilk
May 13th, 2010, 01:56 AM
I was never my own hair idol = but a comment about doibng a double take hit home - I stll double take at myself everyday when I realise I have short hair and not my tb/cl hair - even now nearly 5 months on

Pegasus Marsters
May 13th, 2010, 02:11 AM
As someone who cut my hair twice in recent years... I'm always stunned at the emotional attachment other people have to my hair. It's just shocking... people have said they wanted to cry when I cut my hair... but ya know, it's my hair, my choice. I dunno, it just seems weird to have an attachment to anything like that, something so easily removed.

Dreams_in_Pink
May 13th, 2010, 03:37 AM
Ouch! :( that's why i don't have any hair idols :D (everyone can chop their hair anytime :D )

halo_tightens
May 13th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Before I started growing my hair, it would bother me when other people cut their long locks short.

Now I just make another tick in my belt. :demon: :D

redneckprincess
May 13th, 2010, 11:19 AM
IM NOT SAD OR ANGRY SHE CUT HER HAIR!!! just that she was someone who always gave me inspiration...I think some of you are taking this the wrong way... I am not attached to anyones hair but my own...I mean its her hair if she wants to go bald, thats ok with me, same for all of you...its your hair, I just like to look at others hair and tell myself, if they did it, so can I

mattt
May 13th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I don't think I have ever really cared what other do with their hair. It didn't even bother me initially when I cut my own long hair off. After about a month though, I realized I missed it, but it still took me 2 years to start growing it long again, and not necessarily painful years either.

bumblebums
May 13th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I love Morena Baccarin's V pixie, actually. It almost made me want to chop my hair off again. I think it makes her stand out among all the loose-curled starlets, and it really brings out her eyes. It's perfect for her part on V, too. If you want another V hair inspiration, though, Laura Vandervoort's hair is lovely. (She plays Lisa).

http://www.abcmedianet.com/showcontent/primetime/v/v_i/vandervoort.jpg

Pegasus Marsters
May 13th, 2010, 12:04 PM
When "they" cut her hair? I'm pretty sure she cut it short herself years ago. Her hair on V is a little shorter than I saw previously, but there is a movie (Brazilian?) in which she has very short hair. She looks like a completely different person compared to on Firefly. I definitely preferred her with the long hair too, as it set her apart and she looked more feminine and striking. The short hair is ok, but instead of setting her apart, I think it actually makes her look a little less unique.

Really? :( I think she looks more unique with the short hair. Long haired female actresses are two a penny, but there aren't many females with hair that short.

SHELIAANN1969
May 13th, 2010, 12:21 PM
The only person I have known in real life, who had long hair and cut it, is my aunt. She had long hair forever, I mean as long as I have known her (She met my uncle when she was 17, I was maybe 4/5 at the time) and she is in her mid/late 50's now)

She went through a midlife crisis and chopped her hair, mangled it really, saying she was sick of it and her daughter fixed it. She never really trimmed it much and she said it was thin and sad looking.

I was shocked when she did it, but it's her head.

I have seen a couple people on the boards go from one extreme to the other with their hair too, of course I am stunned, but it isn't my head.

I was seriously considering layers and quickly got that out of my head when my sister fixed my braid in my avatar, I knew it would never work the same way if I layered it.

So yes, I have been stunned at some of my hair role models, but in the end, it's my own goal that matters.

Curlsgirl
May 13th, 2010, 12:30 PM
There is not much long hair really around here, that is even to waist. The ones that have been close to that that I have known have all cut theirs long ago. I am always a little sad too of course not that I don't want them to be happy or it is any of my concern, just miss looking at it! I mean if you love long hair you love long hair!