PDA

View Full Version : looking for a brush

helanek
March 10th, 2008, 08:33 PM
i mostly comb and i am happy with my hair. a while ago i got as a gift an expensive boar bristle brush. loved the quality but would not work with my fine hair and made it extremely greasy. i gave it away in a swap, but still looking for a very soft and good quality brush that i could massage 'my temples' with... :) any ideas?

Anlbe
March 11th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Kent does some really lovely baby brushes that I have known work well for fine soft hair

lynnala
March 11th, 2008, 08:33 AM
You might even try a wooden bristle brush, I've discovered I like it much more for massaging my scalp. It feels great and doesn't distribute the hair oils like boar bristle.

Cricket
March 11th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I second the wooden brush. I picked one up for a decent price at the Body Shop. There are no seams, like there are on plastic brushes, so it doesn't rip and tear your hair. You can also find padded ones, which are heavenly on the scalp. I swear by mine.

FrannyG
March 11th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Morrocco Method has a BBB especially for fine hair. It's fairly inexpensive, and very gentle.

Remke
March 11th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I love my Bodyshop brush (http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/browse/product_detail.jsp?productId=prod160019&categoryId=cat30050). It feels really nice on my head and hair, I also love the woden comb from the bodyshop. But there's nothing better then a nice brush.
On BBB I like the ones with nylon better because else I can't get it in my hair. But I kinda stepped away from BBB

Cichelle
March 11th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I find that brushes and my hair don't generally don't get along. But just recently, I bought a very soft baby's brush that I now use near my scalp, at the temples, etc. It works very well and makes my hair soft and neat. I love it. It doesn't snag or break my hair at all.

lynnala
March 11th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I second the wooden brush. I picked one up for a decent price at the Body Shop. There are no seams, like there are on plastic brushes, so it doesn't rip and tear your hair. You can also find padded ones, which are heavenly on the scalp. I swear by mine. You're right Cricket, mine is padded and it really does feel heavenly. And it was under $10 at Whole Foods.

helanek
March 11th, 2008, 09:40 PM
thank you for all the ideas.
i might try the wooden brush, although i wanted something more for massage. the thing is i have quite high forehead and i am concerned about my hair thinning in the front. somebody advised me massaging... although opinions are divided - that massagig help the growth or actually thins hair...

RustedAngel
April 7th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Morrocco Method has a BBB especially for fine hair. It's fairly inexpensive, and very gentle.

Do you mean the blonde boar bristle brushes they have? I have fairly fine/soft/straight hair, and currently do not own a brush and I'm looking for my first one.

Haith
April 7th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I can also vouch for the body shop wooden brush. It feels great on my scalp, and is gentle on my hair!