PDA

View Full Version : H4H Pakistani Henna - Warning??

Ma'am
May 12th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I recently tested the Pakistani henna from Henna for Hair. I bought it because it says to use it if you want less red.

Well, it stained my hand the best (or worst!) I've ever seen. I've still got it showing and it's been at least a week since I did it. It also stained my strand test faster and at least as dark, if not darker, than the Punjabi.

So, if you're thinking of buying it for the weaker colour as I did, be prepared for more colour than you bargained for.

On the other hand, if you don't care about less colour, you may want to try it, as it is cheaper, and stains the hooey out of you. :p

Cheeks1206
May 12th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the warning! When you were washing it out of the strand test, was it difficult to wash out and did it feel very gritty/twiggy?

Unofficial_Rose
May 12th, 2010, 02:17 PM
How interesting - I have some of this as I purchased a Cinnamon bundle. I had sort of assumed it was Jamila (which stays more coppery on me, which I like).

Thanks for saying - will use with caution now!

tiggerousity
May 12th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I have to agree...I found this henna stained well. How ever I thought it was because I froze my batch! Thanks for the confirmation :)

Ma'am
May 25th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the warning! When you were washing it out of the strand test, was it difficult to wash out and did it feel very gritty/twiggy?

No. The packaging is clear, and the look & feel of it is normal. Although I do think the smell was different, but I am not certain, and cannot test it right now. I normally walk around sniffing my test spots on my hand b/c I like the smell of henna, but this stuff wasn't doing that.

I was intending on posting photos, but I managed to break my ankle a few days ago, so it's gonna be a while before I can get to it. :p

Ma'am
May 25th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I have to agree...I found this henna stained well. How ever I thought it was because I froze my batch! Thanks for the confirmation :)

Mine had been in the freezer, too. I just store it in there dry. I swear it comes out nearly ready to go.

Ma'am
May 25th, 2010, 01:56 PM
How interesting - I have some of this as I purchased a Cinnamon bundle. I had sort of assumed it was Jamila (which stays more coppery on me, which I like).

Thanks for saying - will use with caution now!

You are welcome. I wasn't sure I should say anything, for fear it was a fluke, but I'd have felt horrible if I'd seen someone had used it on their head & gotten an unexpected result.

Fractalsofhair
May 25th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I find all henna stains pretty deeply if it's fresh and decent quality, as I'm sure H4H is. I just use a gloss on my hair, and it comes out very red and firey. It fades a lot after a month though.

Stephichan
May 25th, 2010, 08:29 PM
That's the henna that I bough last July/August. I've always been amazed at the immediate dye release that it's given me.

Ma'am
May 28th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I find all henna stains pretty deeply if it's fresh and decent quality, as I'm sure H4H is. I just use a gloss on my hair, and it comes out very red and firey. It fades a lot after a month though.

Mine fades, too.

Fractalsofhair
May 28th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Ah, good to know I'm not the only one! I'm thinking of switching to a full henna actually because of it, lol.

Unofficial_Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 09:36 AM
Just to add my :twocents: to the thread - a half hour strong gloss with this has turned my greys copper-blonde. And I only washed it off an hour ago, so it hasn't even oxidised yet.

This is some high-content stuff, great if you're not in the mood to sit around for hours with henna on your head. :) Glad for the warning, otherwise I'd have left it an hour and gone too dark.