PDA

View Full Version : First Oiling

pineconejg
May 11th, 2010, 08:10 PM
I put coconut oil in my hair tonight. Because my hair is fairly fine, I am afraid of oil, so I did it before I washed (CO). My hair's still wet, I'll let you know tomorrow what the results are.
:D
JG

Kathie
May 11th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I'm interested to see if you like it.... :eye:

Ludde
May 11th, 2010, 11:07 PM
So am I. :)

Loreley
May 11th, 2010, 11:40 PM
:drama:Waiting for the results... :D

kelly-j
May 12th, 2010, 02:17 AM
How interesting, I also oiled my hair for the first time today, using coconut oil.:p
I would like to see your results.

Cupofmilk
May 12th, 2010, 03:02 AM
I did mine for the first time in years on Sunday. I now have relatively short (BSL+) hair. I oiled my hair when it was dry! Left it in for 2 days and did a CO wash yesterday.

pineconejg
May 15th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Sorry, I forgot I started this thread.:crazyq:

I did not like it on the first try. I got oil in my bangs, which might help them grow out, but made them look nasty. So I put a squirt of shampoo into my handful of conditioner the next day and oiled it a tiny bit while it was still wet -- only from the tops of my ears down. Much better this time. I will definitely continue.

:)
JG

sibiryachka
May 15th, 2010, 10:35 AM
I've been experimenting with oiling for 5 months now, and am just beginning to get the hang of how little it actually takes! Also, I'm finding that my hair prefers lighter oils (I've tried apricot, grapeseed and jojoba so far) for leave-ins and heavier ones like shea or coconut (I use a blend) as pre-wash treatments. Warmer weather may make a difference.

pineconejg
May 16th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I have tried it as a leave in, too. It makes my hair really soft and shiny. I just kind of shaved a little tiny bit of oil off the top of the jar, rub it in my hands,and put it in like I used to do with shine serums and such that I won't touch now because they are so full of yucky chemicals.

Good stuff!

JG