PDA

View Full Version : Best compliments ever!

Kirin
May 8th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I don't usually get compliments on anything about me except my artwork and occassionally on my green eyes. Thats it, nothing special.

This past weekend I had a both at a Mayfaire selling my art, and i got FLOODS of compliments on my hair. My hair is just passing shoulder length (at its longest layers) so its not exceptionally long, and I had it in a french twist anyway with an antique pearl and gold barette....the length though was hardly the topic of conversation.

The color: I use henna and have been a little "iffy" about the flamboyant candy apple red i get, especially the two tone effect where it dyes my silver hair and my dark dark hair..... no fear of that now! I got several comments on it, such as "That is the COOLEST two tone red I've ever seen!", "How on Earth did you get that awesome pink cherry and burgundy two tone like that? I've been trying to get that for years!", "whoa, that red is spectacular! How did you get it??".

The health of my hair: "Wow, your hair shines like a polished mirror!", and my favorite, "Okay what hair God's ass did you kiss to get shine like that?"

These just totally made my little world!

ladystar
May 8th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Oh that's so great. lol You must post some pictures of this
I would like to know also. :D

"Okay what hair God's ass did you kiss to get shine like that?"

cindy58
May 8th, 2008, 08:51 AM
You've gotten some very creative compliments there! No wonder you're enjoying it!

Anje
May 8th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Great compliments! But now we want pictures!

Islandgrrl
May 8th, 2008, 09:43 AM

Insanely great compliment! Good for you!!!

embee
May 8th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Whoo! That sure must have been nice. :) Glad you wrote them up, now you have them recorded forever!

Patrycja
May 8th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Good for you! Spread that compliment luck here :P

Nightshade
May 8th, 2008, 10:53 AM

I am so stealing that line to use it at a later point.

That's fantastic about the compliments! I'm sure you deserved each and every one, to say nothing of the people that thought such things, but were too shy to say them :cheer:

Hayat
May 8th, 2008, 10:59 AM
How wonderful! This must have been so nice for you, and some really great compliments! You must store them and think about them every day - then your hair will stay this beautiful forever!

I'm so happy for you!:)

maskedrose
May 8th, 2008, 11:14 AM
That so exciting! And what freaking original compliments - no wonder it made your day! Now we have all got to see pictures of the hair that you kissed ass for :)

Angellen
May 8th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Oh my. What creative compliments! How wonderful. :) I'm curious, too. Pics please?

spidermom
May 8th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Oh - I love those compliments! Congratulations!

jojo
May 8th, 2008, 01:06 PM
great compliments-its nice when people notice!

Kirin
May 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM
LOL okay thats it, i gota steal back the digital camera from the hubby's car this weekend at another show and get pictures LOL! It really was wonderful to get compliments, normally day to day no one says nothing about my hair. Like i said its not all that long, so i never expect it.

MadHatter
May 8th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Y'all are funny! Congrats on all those compliments Kirin!

Nynaeve
May 8th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Those are some awesome, interesting, and creative compliments!
Now you **have** to share pics, bwahahahaahaa.

blue_nant
May 10th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Those are some awesome, interesting, and creative compliments!

It's like "When you care enough to say the very weirdest" ... those comments are so memorable and fun, besides being great for the ego.

Yay!