PDA

View Full Version : Blueberry yogurt hair dye?

McFearless
May 10th, 2010, 08:10 PM
I've heard that blueberry yogurt gives a slight red tint to hair, is that true? Has anyone tried it?

Thank you:)

Oh and hey everyone! I've browsed the forums for a while and finally decided to join:p

Aer
May 10th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Lol, I've never heard that! doesn't mean it isn't true though. I would like to know too. Welcome and I like your name!

Tressie
May 10th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Sorry, but I don't know about that either! It might be a good conditioner though? WELCOME to LHC anyway!! (o:

McFearless
May 10th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Thank you both:) I'm going to try it this weekend and I'll post my results

Aer
May 10th, 2010, 10:03 PM

That would be neat. It might be good for your scalp too. But then again, it may not because it may encourage bacterial or yeast growth. Post results!

Thinthondiel
May 10th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I found a blog where someone mentioned having tried it, and it worked. Apparently it only works on fair hair, though.

Here's the blog entry: http://orangeonearth.blogspot.com/2010/04/organic-blueberry-yogurt-hair-dye.html

ETA: Now you've made me curious as to whether it would be possible to dye hair with good results using blueberry or bilberry juice (bilberries are what we call blueberries here in Norway, and they're dark blue/red/purplish all the way through, unlike blueberries, which are white/light green on the inside).

I'll bet it would be possible to get a quite strong colour using bilberries (at least if one has fair hair) - it stains like crazy and is hard to get off stuff. I suppose there's a possibility it might turn purple, though. Perhaps I should do a strand test sometime, on my own hair and a blond person's hair, if I can find someone who's willing to give me some shed hair. :p

Anyway, sorry for going off on a tangent... I'm looking forward to hearing about (or seeing, if you post pics) your results! :)

Ariane88
May 11th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I have heard of putting tomato paste in ones hair to have it get a reddish tint. Useful especially for ash blondes who took a tip in the chlorine pool and ended up with a greenish hue, or so I have read online.

As for bilberries, considering how it stains your hands I would imagine it could give quite a tint to ones hair. Not sure about the yoghurt combination though, id imagine you might have better luck with a boiled down blueberry mixture made on the stove.

TrudieCat
May 11th, 2010, 06:39 PM

I love it - you are living up to your name!! :) Super curious to hear about the results!

rchorr
May 11th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Ok, I thought blueberries would stain it kind of purply (is that a word?). :silly: I'd love to know if it actually works!

RCHORR'

TiaKitty
May 11th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Ok, I thought blueberries would stain it kind of purply (is that a word?). :silly: I'd love to know if it actually works!

RCHORR'

Yogurt is a good conditioner, and blueberries seem to have a reddish purple tinge. Seems logical to me? I think a smoothie is in order. Heavy on the blueberries, probably...

Blackberries?
Huckleberries (expensive)?
Mulberries? <--------------- these will stain auto enamel!:eyebrows:

Katze
May 12th, 2010, 04:03 AM
I tried a blueberry yoghurt hair mask when I used to bleach my hair, in an attempt to drab the brassiness. It did not last very long.

Spidermom tried to color her hair with blackberries a couple of years ago, if I recall correctly, without a lot of luck for the hassle and amount of berries involved.

Personally, I'd rather eat 'em! I ate blueberries by the handful when I was pregnant and still love them. :D

Animae
May 12th, 2010, 07:03 PM
If blueberries would give dark hair purpleish highlights, that might be really really cool.

Maybe next time my father has blueberries that start to go round the bend, I'll take them and experiment.

aisacia
May 13th, 2010, 05:11 AM
blueberry yogurt gives your hair a little bit of red color in it, and it lasts for about a week. But you got to buy a natuaral prooduct, cause they have real blueberries in them.. that's what i've heard about blueberries.. :)