PDA

View Full Version : product junkies

Cleopatra18
May 9th, 2010, 04:39 PM
does anyone here out of control when buying hair products/oils etc? I got so crazy about these things since i started taking care of my hair,especialy oils and leave in creams lol....does anyone do the same thing??what do you buy? and how often?

Arctic_Mama
May 9th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I just try to employ a 48 hour rule, if I can... I wait and evaluate the purchase for two days before giving in, sometimes reminding myself of my limited (gone) cabinet space! I use K.I.S.S with my hair routine, so that also helps me pare things down.

Annakarenia
May 9th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Hi Cleopatra; My name is Ingrid and I am a "Product Junkie" too :mad: I have so many hair products I could open a store. I also have 'Graves Disease' which wrecks havoc on my hair making me wanting to try the next 'new hair product'. However, I have gained a lot of knowledge and information from these boards.
My weakness are conditioner and leave-ins. :rolleyes:

lastnite
May 9th, 2010, 09:59 PM
yes, I've always been a product junkie. I wish I wasn't and wish I could stick to the more natural products...but I'm such a sucker for the ads with the nice hair, pretty bottles and all those promises of body, shine and bounce :D

mellie89
May 9th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Yep... that's me. At one point this year I had about 5 bottles of shampoo and 6 or 7 bottles of conditioner. I've finally used most of it up. *Must... demonstrate... self control.*

I am a sucker for pretty packaging and new stuff. Getting away from cones has helped, since most of the products in the pretty packages are full of cones.

Cholera
May 9th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Oh yes. I'm definitely a product junkie. I justify myself by saying, "Well, what if it makes my hair super wonderful?" Wouldn't want to miss out on a miracle product, now would I? ;)

Gumball
May 9th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Fortunately I can't say I'm a product junkie. I buy my shower products when I'm running low for the most part. I've had my coconut oil for near an eon, too. I've also not really delved into the hair toys, sticking with my one flexi and my favorite pair of sticks when need be. Maybe I have a weak inner shopper. :lol:

Olivia23
May 10th, 2010, 02:01 AM
I'm definitely a product junkie but not just for hair products. It's basically whatever my obsession is at the moment which right now is makeup andgetting that flawless look which is impossible I know, but I keep watching YouTube videos on products that are supposed to help get that look so I keep buying.

I still buy stuff for my hair though I do try to avoid the hairtoy threads lol!

EtherealOde
May 10th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Once I found some products that worked for me, I have stuck with them. So I guess I'm not so much of a product junkie. Toys are a different story. I have to say I am starting to become quite a hair toy junkie, and I know it is only going to become an even bigger habit with time. Seeing some of the toy collections owned by members here tells me I am not alone, lol.

FrannyG
May 10th, 2010, 04:19 AM
I was briefly a product junkie for a short while after joining LHC. When I started no-cone COing, I tried out several different conditioners, and I also tried out several different oils and shea butter, etc.

Once I found what worked and what didn't, I am no longer a product junkie. I'm still using the last of the big bottle of jojoba oil that I bought way back then. I am still working on the same jar of coconut oil that I've had for a couple of years.

As for conditioner, I've long ago used up in one way or another the conditioners that didn't work as well for me and now I only buy the conditioners that I really like, usually in bulk, when it's on sale.

I think it's natural to want to try everything when you first become really conscious of caring for your hair, but I think that you'll settle down when it all just becomes a part of your routine.

Night_Kitten
May 10th, 2010, 04:19 AM
I can't resist when I see new hair-toys, I just NEED to buy them!
In the product section I'm usually under controll. Though sometimes...
Awhile ago I found natural shampoo and conditioner, no cones and no SLS and it is great for my hair. When I went for a trim at my mom's hairdresser, she started convincing me to buy a package of shampoo+conditioner+oil saying it's all natural and will be so great for my hair... Although it wasn't cheap I bought it, only to find out my hair doesn't like it, and when I looked at the ingredients list I realized it's full of cones :doh:

julliams
May 10th, 2010, 05:10 AM
It's the promise of perfection. Has anyone found it yet?

LoversLullaby
May 10th, 2010, 05:49 AM
I'm finally NOT a product junkie! I used to buy everything: oils, gels, conditioners, shampoos, etc. but now that I've started C-COW-C I finally have a wash method I like with the products I use, and since I wear it up more than I wear it down I don't need so many gels and stuff.

freckles
May 10th, 2010, 06:51 AM
I love love love to try new hair stuff. It's getting ridiculous now though. I live with four other people but about 75% of the stuff in the bathroom is my hair stuff. I think it's starting to annoy my housemates so I've set a rule that I can't buy any more until I'm actually in danger of running out of something. So I haven't bought anything in a couple of months, hopefully I can see it through.

Cleopatra18
May 10th, 2010, 12:18 PM
i can relate to all what you guys said:D:D especially waiting for the "miracle product" lol ,anyway im just trying to tell myself it's just a phase since im kind of new to hair care and all,but it doesnt seem to end :P

frizzalot
May 10th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I will NOT buy anymore conditioners/shine serum/ deep treatments/oils until I finish the countless half-filled bottles I already have that are taking over every shelf/cupboard!!! :meditate:

lastnite
May 10th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I will NOT buy anymore conditioners/shine serum/ deep treatments/oils until I finish the countless half-filled bottles I already have that are taking over every shelf/cupboard!!! :meditate:

I used to tell myself that too.... but when you start only shampooing twice a week, a bottle of shampoo can last almost a year!

Cinnamon Hair
May 10th, 2010, 07:04 PM
It's the promise of perfection. Has anyone found it yet?

Yes, but unfortunately that did not stop me from continuing my search. I have a list of incredible buy-again-worthy products, but I still like to try out new things. :doh: It's an addiction!

virgo75
May 10th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Oh goodness. :(

I have a shameful amount of hair products.
I have no hopes of ever using them up, so I'm probably just going to donate most of them to a womens' shelter.

I buy in hopes of something nice and moisturizing that agrees with my hair and my nose - I love nice scents but I'm also fragrance sensitive. So if it smells even a little bad, I can't take it. But so far I've never found anything that worked 100% or even 75%, so I keep buying.

I don't know how to stop because I can't really say that I own anything that absolutely LOVE.

McFearless
May 10th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Lol I'm a complete junkie. I love trying out new products.

boomtownrat
May 10th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I'm a product junkie and unfortunately my collection of bottles in the shower/tub area is starting to annoy my S.O. I was doing CO-washing for a few months and I still have several bottles of cheap, cone-free conditioners that are nearly empty. Last month I got a shorter haircut to help me get rid of dyed hair and it requires more product to look good, so I had to go buy shampoo and more styling goop. Not so secretly, I love having an excuse to try new stuff. :)