PDA

View Full Version : Teesha's 1 year LHC anniversary

tiny_teesha
May 8th, 2008, 12:05 AM
I didn't take many photos, starting in September to take "defult LHC hands on waist" shoots, if you wanna see more photos just look at my albums.
I ruined my hair september 2005 from hip length thick virgin hair to fried dyed (repeatedly) blowfried layers up to BSL. Then i started looking at websites to better care for my hair. From 2005-2007 i maintained it at BSL and continued trimming out the damage and takeing care of my hair a little better.
Here is May 06 a year later still chopping off damage slowly: (not a proper LHC shot, accidental!) notice the thinning on my right side.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/hairlength.jpg
May 07- still cutting out damage and layers. I found LHC a few months before this. This is a "hair on purpose" shot.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/May10_17.jpg
September 07 finally reached a some-what stable point.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/hairlengthsept.jpg
Many trims later....henna, and better hair care:
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/naturalhennawave.jpg
Who knew i had waves? Thanks LHC! (hair is frizzy because i just washed it)
April- one of my good hair days!
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3506/myprettyhairft9.th.jpg (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=myprettyhairft9.jpg)
taken a few days ago, showing STILL how much damage i've got to trim out! Only 15cm of virgin regrowth. Glowing ends are henna over chemical dye. The next 12cm are dyed once and treated much better then the rest of the hair. In 06 i started to look after my hair (stopped the repeated dyeing and blowfrying etc)
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/747/maywindowpc1.th.jpg (http://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maywindowpc1.jpg)
Here are photos from TODAY!, my head was held to the side a bit:
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1151/may8swirltl2.th.jpg (http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=may8swirltl2.jpg)
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5250/may8eh5.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=may8eh5.jpg)

I just recently did a 1cm trim. I am aiming for at least TB length virgin tresses! I wish knee would look good on me but we will see how good it looks at TB first!

I'd like to take this oppurtunity to say thank you to all who gave me wise words of advice and encouragment! It really is the best community ever, thank you so much for all your kind words from the bottom of my heart!

LHC opened my up to the world of indian herb washing, BBB, using correct combs, HAIR TOYS, more updos and wisdom that i could have never imagined! And most of all friendships :)

Sorry my hair isn't behaving well today i had it up weird so the ends flick weirdly. Soon my hair will be long enough to be waist length when wavy!

Thank you all for helping my sindged hair!

Emme76
May 8th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary!:)
Great growth, and I love your dark henna color.
Your hair looks more healthy and the waves are very cute...:)!!!

/Emme

Gilly
May 8th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Congrats on you anniversary tiny_teesha! :cheese:
Your hair really has improved, keep growing girl!!

PatGear
May 8th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Wow! Your hair grows really fast and the condition is so much better.

Congrats on your anniversary. :flowers:

rhosyn_du
May 8th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Congrats on your anniversary, Teesha! The improvement in condition really shows, and the color results you've got from henna are really lovely.

Faepirate
May 8th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Ahh your hair looks so much happier these days. It's looking beautiful! And thicker. And so long now! Isn't it great to see real progress? So worth it. :)

DavidN
May 8th, 2008, 02:41 AM
I would like to congratulate you on your one year anniversary at the LHC, and it has been a pleasure having you with us as a member of this community. Your hair is looking wonderful these days, and is in so much better condition than before you joined, and is thicker and filled with shine. Here's to many more years at the LHC!

florenonite
May 8th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Wow, your hair's much healthier and longer, congrats!

littlemiss
May 8th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Congratulations on one year of being super nice to your hair!! it really shows you have nice hair in your pics, beautiful long and healthier!! you will be at TB before you know it!!

Amoretti
May 8th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Just echoing David's words here, Teesha. It's been a pleasure having you here! Congrats on your anniversary and on having lovely hair.

Nat242
May 8th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Congratulations on your one year, Teesh! You've made amazing progress.

-- Natalie

tiny_teesha
May 8th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Emme76 - thank you!
Gilly - it has a bit, but i still don't feel like it has a lot, i don't think even henna can save my hair after all i did to it. I remember my virgin hair was so slippery it barely held curls or an updo...not i don't have that issue i suppose!
PatGear - i don't think my hair grows fast...its probably because i'm just plain short!
rhosyn_du- thank you for your kind words! I like how henna makes my hair glow in sunlight!
Faepirate - yes it is, i will be maintaining at this length for a while, i need to trim out more damage to get mroe blunt ends like i used to.
DavidN- its a pleasure seeing you around a lot its a joy to read your posts! Your such a lovely person DavidN!
florenonite - thank you! I need to be reminded sometimes!
littlemiss - i hope so! Thank you
Amoretti - thank you Amoretti! Your hair is something to aspire to! I can't wait till all my hair is virgin again!
Nat242- I am have some progress but the photos don't really do it justice, also i think the cones were hiding a lot of the damage.

TammySue
May 8th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks beautiful and you have made wonderful progress! :)

jel
May 8th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Congrats on your anniversary! Your hair has really grown and it looks much healthier! :flowers:

Liluri
May 8th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! :)

swanns
May 8th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Congrats! It looks so much healthier now! :blossom:

tiny_teesha
May 8th, 2008, 06:58 AM
TammySue - thank you! i hope i have otherwise what a 'waist' of time!
jel - yes it has, not as much progress as i woudl have liked but i'll take what i can get, It is sad how i look at others 1 yr anniversary and there is more difference in them then my hair! But i got to deal with what i got dealt...it coudl have gotten worse!! At least that didn't happen!
Liluri - Thank you! :)
swanns - thanks!!! And WOW your siggy is AMAZING! What progress you have had!!

SHELIAANN1969
May 8th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Happy Hair Day to youuuuuuuuuu....(I am singing to the tune of Happy Birthday) lol

It looks great, LHC allowed me to find my curlies too, its looking greeeeeeeat (that was said like Tony the Tiger)

Stagecoach
May 8th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Woohooo! Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! And your hair is doing soo well too!

KajiKodomo
May 8th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Yay, it's looking great! Beautiful! :D

jojo
May 8th, 2008, 07:42 AM
sheesh your hair grows quick and very beautiful it is too!

FrannyG
May 8th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary. :) Your hair is lovely and you've made wonderful progress. :flowers:

Iylivarae
May 8th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Congrats on your anniversary! Your hair colour is absolutely stunning, and your hair is in a noticeably better shape than before you joined. Great!

AJoifulNoise
May 8th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Happy anniversary! I love looking at your photos. And, your hair is beautiful!

:flower:

Leisa
May 8th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Your hair has really improved over the year! congratulations.:)

I like the henna in your hair too.

Islandgrrl
May 8th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Congrats, Teesha! You've come a long way and your hair is really wonderful!

Xandergrammy
May 8th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Beautiful progress, teesha! Congratulations!

yrrebwartsymssi
May 8th, 2008, 09:52 AM
your hair looks wonderful! Congrats!

angelthadiva
May 8th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Happy Anniversary! :joy:

Lamb
May 8th, 2008, 10:28 AM
You have had quite a bit of growth, and the improvement in your hair's condition is spectacular!!! Congratulations! :)

saman
May 8th, 2008, 10:40 AM
long and healthy hair.happy anniversary

GrowlingTurtlez
May 8th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Congratulations! I find these one-year anniversary posts to be so inspiring...

suicides_eve
May 8th, 2008, 11:02 AM
looking good you have denitanly come a long way

mira-chan
May 8th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Congratulations! Happy Anniversary! :flowers:
Some amazing improvement there, your hair looks great. ^_^

alligatorbaby23
May 8th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Congrats Teesha! Tailbone will be here before you know it, specially being tiny and all! Great shots of healthy hair. :)

Nynaeve
May 8th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Grats on your 1 year!
LHC was down for my 1 year. :(
Then again I was a lurker for a long, long time before that.
Grats again and your pictures look great!

vindo
May 8th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Happy Anniversary Teesha!!:cheer:

I know I have told you many times but your progress in both health and length is amazing!
I really like the wavy hair on you, looks very nice.

Wish you all the best on reaching your next goal ! :D

Emi :flower:

helynhighwater
May 8th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Wow, great progress!

Stephanie
May 8th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Hey! Congratulations! :grin:

levelek
May 8th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Happy anniversary, TinyT! There is a lot of progress there, and your hair is looking lovely!

tuuli
May 8th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Happy anniversary, TinyTeesha! :)
Your hair is beautiful, lovely luscious waves...

chloeishere
May 8th, 2008, 07:37 PM
It looks much longer, and much healthier! Yay for you!

AprilElf
May 8th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary, Teesha! :D
You've come a long way, and your hair looks great. All the best for your second LHC year. ;)

tiny_teesha
May 8th, 2008, 09:17 PM
SHELIAANN1969 - lol hahaha, what a creative post! I don't know who tony the tiger is but you still made me laugh :)
Stagecoach - thank you so much! :)
KajiKodomo - thank you i'm glad at least someone notices!

tiny_teesha
May 8th, 2008, 09:21 PM
jojo - it doesn't really grow quickly, i'm just short!
frannyg - thanks, i simply adore your new avatar!!!!
Iylivarae- thank you! I certainly hope so! haha
AJoifulNoise - likewise- ps love your new siggy!
Leisa - thank you! I will be growing out the henna, i just used it to save my damaged ends and it worked, never in my whole life have i had less splits then today!
Islandgrrl - thank you
Xandergrammy - thank you- i'm most excited that i can put more photos in my journal because i have been here a year! Woot, i'm making a new pets album!
yrrebwartsymssi - thank you
angelthadiva - thanks, i love that smily it cracks me up everytime!
Lamb - wow, spectacular! Thanks! :)

tiny_teesha
May 8th, 2008, 09:26 PM
saman- Thank you!
GrowlingTurtlez - i agree entirely! Although i wish i would have achieved more in this year but at least it got better! It's such a tedius process to grow out damaged hair...
suicides_eve- thank you
mira-chan- thank you so much mira-chan, i love your hair and new siggy :)
alligatorbaby23 - that sure is true!!!
Nynaeve- thanks, aww its never to late to post an extremely belated 1 yr anniversary, i almost forgot mine...i had been counting down then im like "wait, its today!!!!!" :) lol
Emichiee - thank you, i too live the waves but they die really easy, i wish they would stay wavy longer! I like your hair too, and your new siggy, oh you are a 1a/1b now! fancy that!
helynhighwater - thank you
Stephanie- thanks steph, i also really love your hair, very shiney!
levelek - thank you!

tiny_teesha
May 8th, 2008, 09:28 PM
tuuli - thank you, i do love my waves but they dont last long unfortunately and combing kills them completely.
chloeishere - thank you! I should post up the photo of my close up sindged hair! haha, that is something to compar too...
AprilElf - thank you! I hope i continue to strive to achieve, not so much length this time i think the condition and ends need more imrpoving so more trims for me!

nastasska
May 9th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Happy First Anniversary:cheese::cheer::disco::bottomsup:

Katze
May 9th, 2008, 01:09 AM
yay hair twin Teesha!

You're my inspiration for waves and length, as our hair is so similar. It's looking so healthy and the hemline thick.

Waist - way to go! My trims mean I'm gonna need a while to catch up, but hope to have hair that looks like yours soon.

And your waves - I really like the way they hang, especially at the ends. Looks wild and natural, yet sexy.

You grow, girl! :cheese:

Katze

Alley Cat
May 9th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Congratulations to you tiny_teesha on your first year's anniversary here. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/musik/f025.gif
You have made some great progress and your hair looks lovely . :flower:

tiny_teesha
May 9th, 2008, 04:34 AM
nastasska -Thanks! Love all those smilies!
Katze - Awww thank you so much i am so flattered to be at least one persons inspiration! The hemnline isn't really that thick, i mean i didn't edit the photo but it looks fluffier then it really is ;). I am going to maintain it here for a long time so you will most definately catch up i think! have you grown out all your highlights? Haha!!! You make me laugh! i do love my waves, before LHC i thought i was a 1a!!!! Who knows....maybe i am as this hair si hennad and damaged, my virgin hair seemed a lot straighter! I hope not i love waves! My hair is been going J shape lately, which makes it look shorter, which is why i hate it, haha. I really love how far your hair has come along and i loooove your natural colour! :)
Alley Cat- thank you, thank you!!

vindo
May 9th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Well maybe the waves will stay stronger in the future ;)

I have always been 1a/1b I think but I classified myself as one Fall last year...still not sure if its correct now.:o

paper
May 9th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Congrats on your 1 yr. :flower:

Your hair looks great! Good luck growing!

tiny_teesha
May 9th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Emichiee - btw i want to appologise, i always spell your usename as Emichee...not Emichiee...Lol
paper- thank you!