PDA

View Full Version : Hair boredom, just curled it. Delicious frying.

meichigo
May 8th, 2008, 12:03 AM
I've been experiencing hair ennui, so I just kinda looked at my mom's curling iron and said, "What the heck! Let's do SOMEthing." Since my hair is so long it's straight to APL and curled from then on... Nice big loose ringlets. Now if only they'd stay!

It was actually kind of stupid... I mean, I know just curling it once won't kill it (though I should've put some oil on or something first), but there is very little point to doing it at 10:30 PM. Who's going to see it? Let's see... Me... My parents... My cats. Hmm. Not a lot of people. Of course, I could try to avoid letting any water touch it in the shower tomorrow, but there's still a good chance the curls will mostly fall out before then anyway.

Still, it will be nice while it lasts :)

Here are a some pictures. Sorry about weird lighting; it was dark, and then the flash kinda washed me out.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/IMG_6386.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/IMG_6389.jpg

Prism
May 8th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Very pretty! You have such gorgeous highlights and lowlights in your hair. I know you're having a bored spell, but gosh your hair is beautiful. Maybe some new braiding technique or some new hair jewelry? I'm with you about the curling. Once in a great while is okay, but even then my hair seemed to get damaged easily from just one time. I'd try to get the waves/curl and body another way like twisting or braiding.

lady G
May 8th, 2008, 12:51 AM
looking fab girl :) why don't you do that on special occasions it will be ok that way, i have a flat iron and now it just gets used once in a while for a special night out etc but do use protection spray tresemme heat protection spray always works for me.

xxx

jojo
May 8th, 2008, 07:51 AM
looks good, rag curls would look good in your hair too

Dark Rosaleen
May 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I've used sponge curlers in my own hair to get ringlets. If you're interested in that they can be bought incredibly cheap.

Beautiful curls by the way. Anytime I've used a curling iron on myself I just end up with kinked ends.

embee
May 8th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Funny how the best hair look often seems to happen at home, shortly before bed, when you're not gonna see *anybody*. ;) I have amazing updo luck at midnight.... and cannot repeat it in the morning.

The sponge rollers are a good idea. I have used them on my night-braid-end when I wanted a little something extra next day.

akurah
May 8th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Those curls look AWESOME with that hime cut.

Islandgrrl
May 8th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Looks very nice. You have such pretty hair!

I'd give it a try myself if I thought it would last longer than 10 minutes (or if I had a curling iron!).

missy60
May 8th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Your hair is beautiful I just love it. You can get that same effect by using a high pony and a few rollers on the ends. Do this before bed and sleep with it like that and it will be lovely in the morning. I cant wait until my hair gets long enough to do it.

Nynaeve
May 8th, 2008, 10:39 AM
That's super pretty, I like the way it curls down the front almost in a line in that second picture.
They look nice with your bangs too, and I'm not a bang person. :P

maskedrose
May 8th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Oh so pretty! I like to use the curling iron once in a blue moon, but usually I plan it around going out ;)

At any rate, your hair looks so healthy and gorgeous - I'm impressed!

Isilme
May 8th, 2008, 11:15 AM
it's nothing wrong with just a few people seeeing it. You are growing your hair for you:) Nice hair and curls.

Angellen
May 8th, 2008, 11:16 AM
It is true that hair miracles happen primarily when no one will see you. Those are so cute!

I love your glasses, as well. :flower: