PDA

View Full Version : What a neat *weave* [PIC]

Heavenly Locks
May 9th, 2010, 03:48 AM
I was browsing google images for 'copper hair' and I found this photo -

http://www.hji.co.uk/hjimages/images/qhs29584/hji/medium/2008-copper-weave.jpg

How interesting! Just thought I'd share...

Arctic_Mama
May 9th, 2010, 03:50 AM
That is very cool! It's just a basketweave with a lot of products for smoothing, but it is neat as a pin and I love the color contrast. Thanks for sharing :)

practikalmagik
May 9th, 2010, 03:51 AM
I love the combination of the colours, it looks really awesome. Can't imagine it would work well in real life though.....

Kalyca
May 9th, 2010, 03:52 AM
wow, that's really cool! the color contrast is nice and it looks so perfect.. =P

Dreams_in_Pink
May 9th, 2010, 03:56 AM
wow, that's impressive.

I wonder how they did that.

frizzalot
May 9th, 2010, 04:11 AM
This style is quite popular in arabic countries, you can find loads more styles if you search 'arabic hairstyles' in youtube.

Heres one, they are scattered throughout the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHXo6ZEa7a4

Be prepared for some serious hair envy though...

ilovelonghair
May 9th, 2010, 06:33 AM
A nice way to have short hair for a day :)

Loreley
May 9th, 2010, 07:01 AM
It looks awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

JenniferNoel
May 9th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Very cool! I love the color, the style is very artistic. Thanks for sharing!

Ash
May 9th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Nice! I love that color too. :)

Tresses
May 9th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Very cool. Where is the first row, though? I can see the bumps where the copper is woven through, but not where it hangs down on the sides.

christine1989
May 9th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Woah! Thats awesome! I would love to see something like that using dark brown and light blonde.

christinemariep
May 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM
That is really cool looking! Love the contrasting colors!

Flynn
May 9th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Very cool. Where is the first row, though? I can see the bumps where the copper is woven through, but not where it hangs down on the sides.

I think it's just hidden underneath the second row. See what's happening with rows 4 and 5, where row 5 is falling forward more than row 4 is?

Maplecat
May 9th, 2010, 07:47 PM
It is beautiful! It looks so neat and precise. I don't think that is a style I'll be able to do anytime soon.

little_cherry
May 9th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I wonder if I'd be wrong in thinking that the copper hair isn't her real hair? It really looks like the pale colour is her real hair.. just a thought.

Tresses
May 9th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I think it's just hidden underneath the second row. See what's happening with rows 4 and 5, where row 5 is falling forward more than row 4 is?

That's probably it. I can still see row 4 as separate from row 5, though.

I wonder if I'd be wrong in thinking that the copper hair isn't her real hair? It really looks like the pale colour is her real hair.. just a thought.

It didn't even occur to me that the copper could be her own hair. I assume it's fake, and the blond is her own.

Beets
May 9th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I also thought the copper was not her real hair. And with the link to the "Sexy Arabic Hair Styles," I'm wondering what makes those styles Arabic? I could be wrong, but those images looked pretty generically, or at least globally, high fashion...

lastnite
May 9th, 2010, 10:06 PM
cool. I want those colors now!

chopandchange
May 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM
That's really cool! I'm curious to know how it's done! What is a "basket weave?"

(I am not generally one of those clever people who can look at something and figure out how it was done without somebody telling me)!

DulceCandy
May 10th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I dont think I could wear it that way but its definitely cool and original :)

ccaswick
May 10th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Looks to me as though the blond is her hair (probably processed, doesn't look very natural) and the copper is hair extensions -- then latticed sort of the way you would with a pie crust. Interesting.

Calaelen
May 10th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I also thought the copper was not her real hair. And with the link to the "Sexy Arabic Hair Styles," I'm wondering what makes those styles Arabic? I could be wrong, but those images looked pretty generically, or at least globally, high fashion...

I am pretty sure that the maker of that video just said they're arab styles because they are shown on Arabic women, or women of middle eastern descent. None of them are traditional Arab styles.

squiggyflop
May 10th, 2010, 03:07 PM
wow thats certainly odd ....

Flynn
May 10th, 2010, 06:10 PM

Arabic women, in fashion/magazine industry from that part of the world.

missmandy
May 10th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Wow. I love that.

cellardoor
May 11th, 2010, 08:25 AM
haha neat is the exact word I would you to describe that! Thanks for sharing it!