PDA

View Full Version : What "catches" your hair most often?

cardamom
May 8th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Often we find our pamperered locks getting caught somewhere.I had to cut off my hair once when it got locked adamantly in a zipper.What are the annoying structures around waiting to "catch" your hair?Seat belt?Bra strap?Chair?:D

JenniferNoel
May 8th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Bra straps catch my hair very often, along with purse straps. And my glasses ate my bangs several times... :p

09robiha
May 8th, 2010, 08:15 AM
my bag and my I-pod headphones!! Every. Single. Time.

Kristin
May 8th, 2010, 08:30 AM
And my glasses ate my bangs several times... :p

Yep. The little joints in my glasses love to catch my hair, too. It gets stuck under my purse/bag straps, seat belts, my own head when I'm sleeping...:)

frizzalot
May 8th, 2010, 08:40 AM
glasses and my husband, when he sleeps he rolls onto my hair :mad:

cardamom
May 8th, 2010, 08:54 AM
:D Yes!Very true.

Capybara
May 8th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Dangly earrings, necklaces, seat belts :o

Recently, a friend's armpit after giving her a hug :lol:

BattahZ
May 8th, 2010, 09:43 AM
The hinge on my sunglasses ALWAYS grabs a hair or two (only on the right side, for some reason). And I always get hair caught under my purse strap, though I've gotten better at sliding it out without breakage.

The headrest on my desk chair!!!! It's one of those ergonomic ones, and the headrest is unfortunately not removable. So I always have to lean forward, whether my hair is up or down - it always snags it (it has a kind of waffle-weave fabric, too, so it really musses my hair).

AmericanWoman
May 8th, 2010, 09:43 AM
The screen door handle always grabs my hair when I walk out of the house. It yanks me back as if to say"you can't leave, come back here!"

Gladtobemom
May 8th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Headrest in the car. Somehow that little lever to raise and lower the headrest catches my bun and pulls hairs loose.

Corset strings. They pull hairs out of my braid and sometimes I tie some hairs into them without knowing it.

Velcro . . . why do they put that stuff everywhere!

Masara
May 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I always wear my hair up, so I avoid it catching on too many things. But updos can't protect me from my glasses. I only wear them to drive or watch television so I put them on/take them off several times a day which doesn't help.

In the winter, I don't wear bras, but vest tops with integrated shelf bras. I always get my hair trapped as I roll them down.

My hair isn't long enough to get caught in waistbands yet, but when I pull my trousers up I bend at the side so I'm having to start being careful with zips

skydancer7
May 8th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Backpack straps! Also, I have to wear lead protection from xray sometimes in my job; the thyroid shield has velcro that always catches my hair, even when it's in an updo
It's a dangerous world out there for hair ;)

Sammich
May 8th, 2010, 10:12 AM
My school bag, my coat zip, earings. (All the time, any type of earing, really annoys me! :p)
:D

LoversLullaby
May 8th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Seatbelts, screws on the back of my school chairs (why I wear my hair up now going to school!), and my backpack straps.

CrisDee
May 8th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Yup, another vote for glasses. No matter how long or short my hair is - unless it's less than 2"! shudder:

walterSCAN
May 8th, 2010, 10:25 AM
The number one thing that catches my hair is my industrial (ear piercing), especially while I'm sleeping!

BattahZ
May 8th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Speaking of screws! There are bolts in the walls of the trains (Metro) I commute in, and if I'm standing with my back to a wall those bolts will grab and rip a couple of hairs. Boo.

Loreley
May 8th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Earrings, necklaces, bras, seatbelts, doorhandles and the most annoying is when I'm putting on my jeans and it gets stuck in it.

Isabel
May 8th, 2010, 10:44 AM
My wristwatch. It has a thin strap made out of metal, and every once in a while a lone hair will get struck in between the watch and the strap. Usually this happens when I'm trying to push my hair behind my ear. It's really annoying because moving my hand too quickly tends to snap hairs if I don't remember to check if I've gotten a hair stuck in my wristwatch again.

I guess I just need to learn to be really careful, or to remember to only poke at my hair with my other hand.

Juliannaissance
May 8th, 2010, 10:45 AM
wow the zipper sounds like it would be very annoying...hahaha, I've had mine caught in purse straps, chair nails, fingernails, chipped wood, and others..

LittleOrca
May 8th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Is sunlight a valid answer? :D

No? Hmm.. Well my hair gets caught a lot in my bra when I put it on, but other than that it doesn't get caught in a lot of things at all, other than my back rolls ( :( ) but those are vanishing and my hair should be safe from them soon! lol

ETA: In my black mermaid tail, my hair got caught on the sequin scales all the time. :lol:

Purdy Bear
May 8th, 2010, 10:48 AM
When I had really long hair as a child, I can remember cupboard doors were a major problem.

ravenreed
May 8th, 2010, 11:06 AM
The seat belt retractor eats my hair on a regular basis. Also, my purse strap loves to grab my hair.

GoddesJourney
May 8th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Seatbelt, purse strap, husband (rolls onto it), tape measure. The stupid metal thing on the end of my tape measure snags my hair every time I try to measure it.

ravenreed
May 8th, 2010, 11:19 AM
My son was driving my car and I had rolled down my window. He rolled it up without telling me and my hair got caught in the window. I nearly had a meltdown and he has learned not to mess with the window on my side of the car.

Eniratak
May 8th, 2010, 11:51 AM
In between the chair and a desk at school.
Let me tell you, that hurts when you stand up and don't realize what has happened.

Roseate
May 8th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Eyeglasses are the number one culprit for me. It bugs me, but I don't have a noticeable breakage-halo at glasses-height, so I guess the damage isn't too bad.

The most annoying and mysterious one is the backs of the seats on the city bus. I can't figure out exactly what part of the seat does it, but if I have my hair down on the bus it gets pulled every time.

Fayjoi
May 8th, 2010, 12:05 PM
the cardoor, if there's a lot of wind

MimiKeki
May 8th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Definitely the strap of my handbag, every time!

jackiesjottings
May 8th, 2010, 12:38 PM
My outhouse door. I have an outhouse at the back of my house, now inside a porch door, which was the coal bunker and outside loo when the house was built in the 30's. The coal hole is where my boiler is, and the other outhouse is a storage area. I keep my cat litter out there. Now I don't know why I just happens with that one door but I close it behind me and I must turn and my hair fly out as I do, because I keep getting it caught in that one door! Ouch!

Aerith
May 8th, 2010, 12:52 PM
For me it's definitely chairs, doors, seatbelts and sunglasses. And the very rare occasion I wear longer than stud earrings, of course it always gets stuck in those too. xD

A couple of weeks ago I shut the car door on like 10 strands of my hair. I only realized after I pulled away quickly - ouch!

fashionaddict
May 8th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Sunglasses and purse straps - I swear they are out to get my hair. Lately, for some reason I've been having trouble with buttons.

girlcat36
May 8th, 2010, 01:02 PM
The only thing that my hair gets caught in is the diamond in my engagement ring. It is a high setting(DH's choice), and it's totally aggravating, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Had I had a choice, I would have a more hair friendly ring.

violeteyes
May 8th, 2010, 01:38 PM
My hair has got caught in the car door about 5 times in the past two weeks! I didn't panic though, because it was only a few strands, thank goodness.

ibleedlipstick
May 8th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I love to drive, and therefore am generally the driver when my friends or family and I go somewhere. Driving is the way I de-stress, and I spend a lot of time behind the wheel. I have wrapped the headrests of my car in silk scarves to prevent breakage, and I have wrapped the little catchy-bits of my seat belt in silk too. I thought I was covered!

Unfortunately, my younger siblings and occasionally adults will reach up and grab the seat in front of them, and in doing so, will grab bits of my hair. That is an intense pain...

LadyVictoria
May 8th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Purse strap, my watch, the little rubber sleeve I have covering my cell phone to protect it, but mostly... My cats! I love them but my gosh they just love to attack my hair.

Yng-dave
May 8th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I tend to step on my hair. I have to crouch down quite a bit at work, and occasionally I move backwards and step on my hair without realizing it. This results in me nearly toppling over as I try to stand up, and can be awkward trying to rock off of my hair.

yellowshoes
May 8th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Whenever I have a car window open and the driver rolls it up, my hair gets firmly stuck.

lynbird
May 8th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Necklace clasps! The lobster clasps seem to be the worst.

Fiferstone
May 8th, 2010, 05:15 PM
My.Stupid.Glasses. I have worn glasses since I was 8 and I'm now 48, but this half-frame pair is the absolute WORST for biting off strands at the point where the half-frame joins with the lens. I've had other glasses in which my hair got stuck in the hinge, and unsticking it was just a matter of carefully removing the glasses and opening the hinge. I very rarely can get a trapped hair out of the half-frame without breaking it or pulling it out. It's majorly annoying and I do have discernible fly-away short hairs around my face that have been bitten off by my glasses. I will never get half-frame glasses again.

masterofmidgets
May 8th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I work in a call center at school, and the headsets we use have these little label stickers on the earpieces - I hate them so much! Every time I take them off some of my hair is wrapped around/caught under the edges of the sticker, and I always lose at least a few strands.

I also try to remember not to sit in the very back of the bus, because the vents they have behind the seats always suck my hair up - not strong enough to be painful or dangerous, just enough to be annoying. :(

Quixii
May 8th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Whenever I have a breaking/broken nail - I always manage to rip some hairs with that! Even if I have it in a nice updo, I'll put my hand up to smooth down my hair or something and ouch! Hey look, my nail is breaking. D:

McFearless
May 8th, 2010, 08:16 PM
My purse almost always finds a way to pull my hair, sometimes even breaking it. :(

fisher2
May 8th, 2010, 08:35 PM
girlfriends shoulder ...why doesnt she have this problem?!? she has slightly longer hair then me ?!?!?!

atlantaz3
May 8th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Sports bra - man I hate putting those things on! I finally found ones that clip in the back at Soma, but they don't have enough smusch if I want to jog.

Jenn of Pence
May 8th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I always get mine caught in the rubber feet of my violin shoulder rest. I've started draping a piece of cloth over it to prevent hairs from getting caught...nothing like cringing in front of an audience when you pull out a hair at the end of a song ;)

sugarpixie10988
May 8th, 2010, 10:22 PM
My glasses. :mad: I go to brush my bangs out of my eyes, they get caught in the hinges and OWW!

Ludde
May 8th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Velcro. And it is everywhere! It is nasty. :slap:

Siava
May 9th, 2010, 12:39 AM
My glasses. :mad: I go to brush my bangs out of my eyes, they get caught in the hinges and OWW!

I had this problem as well with an old pair. The hinges weren't tight if that makes sense. I got a new pair and the arms are resistant to closure. They close, but not effortlessly. No snags since! My guess is when the arms are open for wear, the hinge part is tight and flush with the frames.

Kathie
May 9th, 2010, 01:52 AM
The number one thing that catches my hair is my industrial (ear piercing), especially while I'm sleeping!

Yip- me to, kind of gets caught around the front ball. When putting my hair behind my ear I have to do a special maneuver to get past it.
And yes to glasses too.

deviantkitten
May 9th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Until I started wearing my hair up, my hair would often get caught in-
Buttons
Zippers
Glasses
Purse straps

Night_Kitten
May 9th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Whenever I wear a necklace and my hair loose, 2-3 hairs from the nape catch in it, even If I only had it for a few minutes... Always so annoying to try to free them and fail every time...

EtherealOde
May 9th, 2010, 02:03 AM
My glasses are the worst. I wish they could develop catch-free hinges. Next is the shoulderbelt in my car. There always seems to be at least a few hairs loose even in an updo, that find their way under that thing. :(

marzipanthecat
May 9th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Door handles. Of pretty much any sort of design. It's like my hair is magically attracted to them.

practikalmagik
May 9th, 2010, 03:29 AM
My fringe gets caught in my glasses hinge a lot :s. It hurts like hell when you go to take them off and it pulls out a hair!

I also have a lot of trouble with hair and my earrings (i've got 8 in), especially when I'm wearing bunches. I had them plaited yesterday and was constantly detangling one of my earrings from it. Today I've gone for a plait down the back so at least it's not hanging by my ears anymore lol.

Hana
May 9th, 2010, 10:39 AM
bag straps! especially the strap on my violin case.
i always wear them on my left shoulder, and as i always have my hair loose, it does tend to catch. i'm more wary of the straps now, whenever i feel a tug i have to stop what im doing and free my hair!

ASillyKitty
May 9th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Mine gets caught in my earrings all the time. I stupidly put in some titanium rings when I was 14 and they are so small I can't pry them open without fear of ripping my ear. My hair gets caught a lot, it's especially annoying when I'm exercising!

Speckla
May 9th, 2010, 11:34 AM
My underarms.

Amelia
May 9th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Significant other- it's actually my biggest threat :laugh:

Rennire
May 9th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Zippers are my hairs biggest enemy. I usually don't do them up all the way and the rough edges rub against my braids. Also earrings give me trouble, especially the studs in my upper ears.

2peasinapod
May 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM
My glasses are the worst! Especially because the front layers are still too short to pull back :(.

VitaR86
May 9th, 2010, 06:33 PM
glasses and my husband, when he sleeps he rolls onto my hair :mad:

This, and necklaces always get me.

Aurielle
May 9th, 2010, 06:34 PM
For me, the most common culprits for catching hairs are the horrible chairs at my school. They have little round metal things on them that grab ten hairs or more at a time if I am not careful and I can never get them out without letting the chair rip out all of the strands. I think janitors or OCD students must clean the hair out otherwise all of the chairs would be rather hairy. I have seen some hairy chairs though and all the people I know with long hair agree that they should go. Especially the one I use in Spanish class. It always seems to get me when my hair is down.

I have had to stop wearing a lot of my necklaces because they kept getting tangled into my hair; a choker of mine being the worst of all. It took an hour and a half to get it out of my hair. Metal parts and clasps don't like me. I only have one without them, though, and it's a beautiful beaded one that is a family heirloom so I can't wear it often.
Long, dangly earrings were a problem but then I stopped wearing them for over a year and found that they hurt my ears a lot when I tried wearing them again, so they won't be bothering my hair anymore.

HildeMV
May 9th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Buttons, those silly buttons.

ETA:Ear jewelery, especially my industrial and my helix.

Flynn
May 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Glasses. I don't have a problem with anything else, aside from occasionally DBF, but he usually does it deliberately. But bag straps, chairs, corset strings, no problems. Just my stupid damn glasses.

greygoth
May 9th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Zippers (the worst), seat belt, purse strap, necklace clasps.

Celticfreefall
May 10th, 2010, 03:38 AM
My nails, sadly enough.

2peasinapod
May 10th, 2010, 07:23 AM
For all those whose hair keeps getting caught in necklace clasps, have you tried magnetic clasps? those are a hair-saver for me!

Curlsgirl
May 10th, 2010, 07:25 AM
My husband's underarms!!! LOL! Oh and those darned purse straps!

Trixie33
May 10th, 2010, 02:00 PM
It would have to be my glasses/sun glasses and necklace clasps.

LeaM07
May 10th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Sunglasses and baby grabby fingers. :)

eternallyverdan
May 10th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Various body parts. My hair gets stuck under my knees, in my pants when I'm putting them on, under me when I sit down, and in the lady parts when I'm changing clothes. I'm more of a danger to my hair than anything else!

az_sweetie01
May 10th, 2010, 09:16 PM
My engagement ring. And it's always a ripping, pulling, snapping sound *sigh*. The stone sits up in prongs so I have to be very careful not to run my ringed hand through my hair.

Nilithyana
May 10th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I usually catch my hair in the car door/window. Also on other people (it's more embarrassing when it's strangers).

SHELIAANN1969
May 10th, 2010, 09:32 PM
My armpits, my purse strap, my back (when I sit down my hair gets caught) and my own hair. :)

Jules diamond
May 10th, 2010, 11:58 PM
My hair get's caught most often under my armpit. Does it ever grow out of that stage?

Animae
May 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM
The zippers on my hoodies, and in my car window. There is also a hinge in my kitchen on a cabinet that has totally caught my hair when I've been cooking, and I have no idea how it does it!

feralnature
May 11th, 2010, 01:51 PM
One of my milkgoats bit the top of my head hairs off, 2 1/2 years worth of growth gone and now I have a bunch of fly-aways! She didn't mean to, she was kissy kissin' :)

Dragon
September 26th, 2010, 03:10 AM
Glasses and spiky bracelet.

mhiap
September 26th, 2010, 04:00 AM
My glasses. It's started happening quite a lot recently, I don't know why because I've had these glasses for over a year now and I've never had this much trouble with them. So now I have short bits in the front that curl out. So annoying.
Also necklaces. Even with my hair up, the clasp still gets tangled in my hair. Again, this never used to happen! It's too much pain/hassle so I've just had to give up wearing necklaces for now.

RadiantNeedle
September 26th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Hoodies, earrings, cat's feet, fiance's stubble, under the fiance in bed, glasses, car doors.

luxepiggy
September 26th, 2010, 04:05 AM
My right hand ring - it's shaped like a bird, and my hair is always getting caught in the swirly tail, or between the wing sections (>(oo)<)`

Also the swivel clasp of my clic H bracelets . . . which really sucks b/c the hair usually breaks off when it gets stuck there.

julliams
September 26th, 2010, 04:07 AM
My bag, sunnies and seat belt - is this the cause of all my split ends???

slz
September 26th, 2010, 04:53 AM
When I wear my braid down, the tassel gets caught in rear pocket buttons - so whenever I buy new pants, first thing I do is take those out if there are some. Oh and the front zipper of my favorite hemp hoodie, the very upper part, when my braid comes to the front when I bend or what.
I'm mostly wearing my braid up in a bun now, because of all this.

Carolyn
September 26th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Like GTBM, velcro! It's everywhere. My hair seems to be attracted to it. Seat belts and purse straps can be a real PITA. My hair sometimes gets caught on the table when I'm getting a treatment from my chiropractor. Now that I'm aware of what can happen, I try to prevent it.

Jezerellica
September 26th, 2010, 06:31 AM
For me it is sunglasses and crossbody purse strap. Oh, zippers too, I guess these lists could go on and on...

luxepiggy
September 26th, 2010, 08:45 AM
For me it is sunglasses and crossbody purse strap. Oh, zippers too, I guess these lists could go on and on...

That's why I switched to totes! I highly recommend it (^(oo)^)

JenniferNoel
September 26th, 2010, 09:24 AM
My nape hairs kept getting caught in my zip-up dresses, so I shaved the terminal-length nuisances.

Jean Stuart
September 26th, 2010, 09:31 AM
my old glasses caused tons of ripping and breaking. I also rarely wear neclaces because of snagging on the clasps.

candlesandfish
September 26th, 2010, 10:11 AM
The metal plate thing on the doorframe where the handle locks into. It has a hook thingy and if my hair is down and I'm in a hurry it catches and OW!

Also DBF leaning on it, ow. This is why I wear my hair up or braided most of the time...

lajsa
September 26th, 2010, 11:36 AM
My jacket has... what do you call it? In Swedish I say 'kardborreband', anyway. Velcro in english? Whatever. My jacket has it, and it's captured my braid a few times. I panic and try and get it loose with as little damage as possible, but the stupid things just won't let go that easily... :p

rags
September 26th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Sunglasses and the seatbelt are bad for me, but I've been wearing my hair up since January 1st, so the seatbelt at least hasn't been a problem. The sunglasses still get me. :(

But what actually catches it worse than anything else is DH! I wear my hair loose to bed and he is constantly rolling onto it. And it seems magnetically attracted to him! If I hug him with it down, it will get hooked on his clothing if at all possible.

selenechiba
September 26th, 2010, 12:14 PM
If I'm in a hurry, my purse. And the seatbelt!

Siava
September 26th, 2010, 12:16 PM
My BF's armpit. GRR! I wear my hair up a lot now, but not in bed - it's either loose or in a braid. He rolls and my hair automatically gets sucked up into his hairy armpit. Blech! :lol:

yassi
September 26th, 2010, 12:35 PM
zippers and my backpack. The backpack more often. its so ANNOYING!

Khepri
September 26th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Glasses, buttons, zippers, the headrest in my car! And my number one enemy...velcro!

Irnann
September 26th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Besides zippers, glasses and cardoors one of my cats loves to bite me in my hair. Because i love him, i let him, because he really enjoys it...

chickpea
September 26th, 2010, 02:16 PM
oh so many things! bra, purse strap, car door, kitchen drawers (if I'm not careful), cupboards, seat belt.

pepperminttea
September 26th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Earrings and velcro are the top of my list, not that it's going to stop me wearing earrings. But I think my hair generally likes to catch on itself. :rolleyes:

christine1989
September 26th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I often get it caught under my pillow when I am asleep and during the day it gets caught a lot on any necklaces I wear.

sibiryachka
September 26th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Purse strap, armpit, and rough skin on my fingers - a real problem when braiding.

SandyStar
September 26th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Eyeglasses are the number one culprit for me. It bugs me, but I don't have a noticeable breakage-halo at glasses-height, so I guess the damage isn't too bad.

The most annoying and mysterious one is the backs of the seats on the city bus. I can't figure out exactly what part of the seat does it, but if I have my hair down on the bus it gets pulled every time.

Me too! My hair gets caught on the backs of the seats on the bus and I can't figure it out either! It is very annoying.

Angeletti
September 26th, 2010, 04:04 PM
For me it's my glasses. I only wear them during the morning or right before I go to bed, but I'm always getting hair stuck in the crease on the corner of them if my hair happens to be down. It makes me wonder how many hairs I have broken over the years from the stupid things...

eezepeeze
September 26th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Purse straps get me a lot.

The clasps on necklaces...all mine have little hairballs of hair sacrifices that have been ripped out.

Dangly earrings may only be worn when hair is pulled back. They are too much of a danger otherwise.

Kittens. Claws. Legs. Tails. Need I say more?

gizelle
September 26th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I also have trouble with dresses that zip or lace in the back and necklaces. I also do some medieval recreations and there is nothing like getting hair caught in armor.

tinti
September 26th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Purse strap, braa strap, car door, glasses, ear phones, clock on my hand, everything really :p

Kristin
September 26th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Now that I am back to teaching, it gets stuck on the little metal bits on the backs of plastic school chairs. It HURTS!

JuneBride
September 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM
My purse...so I now consciously move my hair to one side before I put it on my shoulder...or else...I suffer the consequences and lose hair :(

IcarusBride
September 26th, 2010, 07:19 PM
When I'm laying in bed and I go to prop myself up on my elbows, I ALWAYS catch my hair under my elbows! Can't stand it!

Phexlyn
September 27th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Since it's up most of the time I think it actually catches the comb most often because of a tangle ;)

It also tends to get caught by sitting on it, or other persons who manage to pin my braid down, but that is much more rare.

StarryNight
September 27th, 2010, 05:44 AM
My armpits! ALL THE TIME. -.-
Also, the wooden chair I sit in to sew. It is bad when I am in the middle of something and I jump up really fast to do something and rip out a clump of hair. :(
And my fat cat LOVES to sleep on my hair. I am often torn from sleep by a sharp pain as I roll over because my hair isn't coming with me, but secure under my cat's fat roll.

Henrietta
September 27th, 2010, 07:09 AM
My eyeglasses! My poor fringe is getting caught between the front part and side part on the right all the time. It hurts so bad... You know how much it hurts when two or three hairs are pulled. *sigh*

supermanok03
September 27th, 2010, 05:58 PM
the clasp on my necklace!!!! the hairs at the nape of my neck HURT when they get pulled!!

faeflame
September 27th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I love dangly chandelier earrings even though they catch in my hair. When I have to wear my glasses instead of contacts they snag my hair all the time, grrrr (hate glasses). Now that my hair is past-tailbone-sorta-classic stage whenever I pull on my undies it gets tucked inside and must be rescued. Ditto for shorts or jeans.

Aleria
September 27th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Whoever's currently throwing me in Aikido... wore it in a ponytail today because I lost my double elastics I brought to french braid it, and ouuch >.< Also the thing that holds the pull cords on the bus when I fall asleep on there.

mizsunshyne
September 27th, 2010, 07:43 PM
My 9 month old! haha

HuggyBear
September 27th, 2010, 07:44 PM
My one year old daughter is fascinated with my hair. She pulls it every chance she gets. :)

mrs carol
September 27th, 2010, 07:56 PM
My glasses catch my hair a lot. I keep it up to keep it from catching on things.

luxepiggy
September 27th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I also have trouble with dresses that zip or lace in the back and necklaces. I also do some medieval recreations and there is nothing like getting hair caught in armor.

I forgot about this one. Just got caught this weekend in the zipper of a back-zip cocktail dress :mad:

Chestershire
September 28th, 2010, 10:09 AM
schoolbag and earrings. Especially my spiral stretch catches my hair most of the time

sophiamarie
September 28th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Mostly necklaces, sometimes purse straps, and definitely my eyeglasses. I'm not even a true long hair yet by LHC standards. Almost makes me proud I can relate already to this question!

brunetka
September 28th, 2010, 10:57 AM
purse straps, necklace clasps, boyfriend's arm or elbow. My cat sometimes likes to bat at it if it's loose while I'm petting her. I'm only between shoulder and APL now, so at least I don't catch it on chairs.

Tressie
September 28th, 2010, 11:04 AM
EVERYTHING, or so it seems! (o: