PDA

View Full Version : Help! She wants a fringe/bangs!

Svenja
May 8th, 2010, 05:28 AM
I need your help, ladies and gentlemen.

Here's the problem: My twinsister has long, healthy even hair. It's plain and simple: gorgeous! She has never had a fringe or bangs. The hair's aways been one length all over so to say. Now, she came up with the idea that she wants a fringe or bangs which fall nicely besides her face to make her face look softer. I think it's not a bad idea. BUT I know her. She cannot even stand the feeling of a little strain of hair in her face. How on earth would she get on with bangs/fringe?

So to cut a long story short: I would like to help her to create a "bang-feeling" without the chopping. So she can find out how it feels like not to be able to tuck away all hair all the time. Do you have any advice for me on how to do so? With clips? With pins? How would I do it best to create her a little "curtain" without scissors?

Thanks so much!

embee
May 8th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Oh I so understand, but I cannot help you. I *hate* hair in my face, it tickles and itches and drives me nuts. Being able to pull my hair back and have none getting in my eyes or tickling my cheeks has been *wonderful*.

I'll be watching this thread to see any great ideas, I'd love some softening around my face too, but not if I have to deal with tickly hairs!

Heavenly Locks
May 8th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Clip on bangs! - http://www.glamourhair.com/images/easibangs/easibangs-main.jpg

Google for many places that sell different types.

Lemur_Catta
May 8th, 2010, 05:33 AM
I read that you can part your hair on the side, take some hair and pin with a bobby pin on the other side, just under the ears, and you will have some hair on your forehead, looking like side-swept bangs.
Can't she try fake bangs before cutting her hair? Something like this (http://www.hairextensions.com/product.php?productid=16195&cat=41&page=1).

Svenja
May 8th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Thank your for your kind replies so far! I have never heard of fake bangs before - that's an awesome idea! Thank you!

kwaniesiam
May 8th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Seconding the clip on bangs. Good luck!

Unofficial_Rose
May 8th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Are you near TopShop? The Oxford Circus branch is currently selling the aforementioned clip-in bangs. If not, mail order as everyone says. :) It's just easier to match the colour if you can see them IRL.

(Actually, I may get some myself once my growing-out fringe is, er, fully grown-out!)

naereid
May 8th, 2010, 07:02 AM
There are also some "fake bangs" tutorials on youtube. Here's a random one that seemed nice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M1UNtxsbTY). :)

Svenja
May 8th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Thank you Unofficial Rose! I'll have a look at TopShop Monday lunch break!

Thank naereid, I'll forward the link to my sister!

Amraann
May 8th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Sometimes it is best to let people learn on their own how they want their hair.

Kristin
May 8th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I also checked out the fake bang thingies today after reading this thread. They look awesome! As long as you get the right color, you cannot tell they are fake! My stylist will be cutting them into my desired style this week! (BTW- I would get the human hair ones. The synthetic hair feels weird on my face.)

Svenja
May 10th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Sometimes it is best to let people learn on their own how they want their hair.

No I won't let her learn her own way. Yes, she is past her 30 years, but no, I won't let her make an irrational decision. Not when it comes to hair :D

FrannyG
May 10th, 2010, 04:46 AM
No I won't let her learn her own way. Yes, she is past her 30 years, but no, I won't let her make an irrational decision. Not when it comes to hair :D

This post made me giggle. I guess twin sisters must have a very special relationship and that's very nice. I don't have any advice to offer that hasn't already been given, but please do remind your sister about how she's felt in the past when hair is in her face. Best of luck to you both. :blossom: