PDA

View Full Version : sesame oil

x0h_bother
May 7th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Hello,
In my hunt for honey in my cupboards, I found sesame oil and slathered some on. I love it! (I think.) It doesn't smell great, very "toasty." But it is lighter than olive oil with medium coverage. My hair likes protein, so I think the "sesame" part is good for it? Not sure, but it's better than slathering peanut butter on my hair ;)
Has anyone else used this? Is it good/bad? :)

Forever_Sophie
May 8th, 2010, 08:34 AM
This is good to hear! I bought it on a whim a while ago, and haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Thanks for posting!

Heidi_234
May 8th, 2010, 09:33 AM
There are no proteins in oils (a mistake I see repeated over and over again - coconut oil cannot cause protein overload, it an oil, oils are made of fat), so no worries about protein. I have sesame oil infused with bringaraj and I love it. It's light and smells heavenly. :)

Cleopatra18
May 8th, 2010, 09:54 AM
i heard several times that sesame oil softens the hair and makes it silky,dont know if it's correct.

x0h_bother
May 8th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Heidi, Oh good, I'm glad it doesn't have protein so I can use it anytime I want.
I love how light it is. I didn't get any on my pillow last night after I claw clipped my hair.
It seemed to almost get sucked into my hair, and so this morning my hair wasn't oily at all just silky/shiny. It didn't make a huge impact, but like light oils it made my hair soft and smooth.

Flynn
May 9th, 2010, 06:46 PM
It works well for me, but I can't tolerate the smell! Hahahaha

otherarrow
May 10th, 2010, 12:41 AM
I just have a little add-on to this.

After reading the post I did a little experiment. You see my hear was totally damaged after two bleach jobs and two dye jobs within two weeks (I was desperate lol).
Pretty much it felt like a wig of hay. Not at all like my own hair.
So after reading the thread I decided to try the oil.

I put the regular coconut oil in (hasn't helped much but I like the smell) and then coated the heck out of my hair with sesame oil (ended up terribly greasy because I got a little overexcited) so I descided to let it stay in overnight.
Next day it was time for my usual hairwash and I just did my normal thing.
When my hair dried I was amazed. Though not as silky as usual it still had an extreme improvement in flow and the ability to act like real hair.
I'm gonna try another coating next time I'm washing my hair.

Look I dunno if the oil is capable of that but I have no other explanation for it. So of your hair is really damaged I say it couldn't help but try!

Nymphie
May 10th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Sesame oil contains natural sun protection, so it should be great for the summer! :D I got it from my mum a while ago because she doesn't like normal sun protection, and I now started using it on my hair. I like the smell and it makes my hair shiny ^^

Natalia
May 10th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Sesame is one of my fav DT oils, i just tend to forget about it sine the one i have has to be refrigerated.

Princess Kitti
May 10th, 2010, 04:01 AM
My hair loves sesame oil and so do I :) My hair soaks it up like a sponge - I leave it in overnight and my hair is soft when I wash it the next morning. And I love the smell!