PDA

View Full Version : So I went to get my hair cut today and...

EtherealOde
May 7th, 2010, 12:58 PM
You would not believe it! The stylist who did my hair had hair about 2 inches from classic length! I didn't have to give all the usual stuff about just a tiny bit off, she understood!!!

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

She had never heard of the LHC, so I left some stuff with her and hopefully she will come here. It was so nice to see another longhair, with truely thud-worthy hair. It looked to be 3b or 3c, she definitely had a really tight curl pattern at her roots but the length stretched out the spiral curl. I would love to have hair her length.

The good news is she said the damage to my hair wasn't as bad as I feared it might be, so she did very long layers and shaped up my hemline nicely. She liked my Ficcare too, I has in a large dark amethyst lotus maximus. I have you all here to thank for my Ficcares, I learned about them from the LHC.

Heavenly Locks
May 7th, 2010, 12:59 PM
That is REALLY cool! :) :disco:

Gypsy
May 7th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Oooh!
Long curly hair! Maybe you can ask her if she would mind if you took a picture and got her care routine to post.

ArienEllariel
May 7th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Nice! :D Glad to hear you found someone who actually has long hair. ^^

christinemariep
May 7th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Wow, that is very rare! Awesome find, a cosmetologist with hair even close to that length. I hope she joins us!

EtherealOde
May 7th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I took her card, and told her I am definitely going back. Even if she never joins us, she does a great job with long hair. But I hope she joins! *crosses fingers*

kittylover
May 7th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Good for you. I am still searching for a hairdresser that actually listens to me.

redneckprincess
May 7th, 2010, 02:34 PM
OMGosh!! Cool for you..where at I'm in Michigan too

Lanfear
May 7th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I hope she joins...She has my hair type (3b) and I would love to know how she got it so long...

jera
May 7th, 2010, 02:43 PM
What a jewel ! Please clone her and send her here. :D

going gray
May 7th, 2010, 02:45 PM
A great hair stylist is a rare find, I know. I too am lucky, I've got the perfect woman helping me achieve my goals.

Capybara
May 7th, 2010, 04:42 PM
That is exciting news! :D

Great to have a hairdresser who understands.

sibiryachka
May 7th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Am I the only one who immediately checked to see where the OP is located, in hope that this paragon might be within an hour's drive? ; )

In2wishin
May 7th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Am I the only one who immediately checked to see where the OP is located, in hope that this paragon might be within an hour's drive? ; )

Nope, you are not. :D

EtherealOde
May 7th, 2010, 06:48 PM
This is going to be even more unbelieveable, but she is a stylist at BoRics. She is the manager there, so I am guessing she will be there if you make an appointment with her. The shop is at 535 N. Telegraph, in Monroe. If anyone is interested and within a reasonable driving distance, the number is 734-457-0450. Monroe is south of Detroit on I-75 and north of Toledo, Ohio.

Carolyn
May 7th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I'm glad you found a good stylist. So many of us have had horrific salon experience so it's nice to hear about a good one. She sounds like a keeper.

misstwist
May 9th, 2010, 01:29 PM
This is going to be even more unbelieveable, but she is a stylist at BoRics. She is the manager there, so I am guessing she will be there if you make an appointment with her. The shop is at 535 N. Telegraph, in Monroe. If anyone is interested and within a reasonable driving distance, the number is 734-457-0450. Monroe is south of Detroit on I-75 and north of Toledo, Ohio.

Be sure to get this added to the long hair stylists thread.

Great find!

Animae
May 9th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Yes it is. I've had my hair cut by the same woman since I was about four. She has seen everything I've done to my hair and helped me fix it, so she listens and does exactly what I ask her to.

The funny thing is that I think that I'm her youngest customer. Its cute seeing all the elderly women there getting their hair done!

cybernetica
May 12th, 2010, 06:49 AM
your so lucky! Every time I go to the salon its a nightmare!! The way they brush/comb hair, the cutting of to much and oh god the worst for last the thinning of my hair with those awful scissors! Oh it will help your hair not tangle so much!
Seriously every time I get a trim I have to remind them not to go hard on my hair with the comb!! Like woman this is years of work stop breaking it. I think maybe next trim I will state to do it dry and just take the damage off nothing else or she will have to sleep with one eye open :P

adiapalic
May 12th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Awesome! I wish I knew a hairstylist with long hair. The only ones I've met--through my sister who gets her hair done regularly--all have pretty short styles. In my whole life, I've never had my hair done at a salon. I've always wondered about the experience. I heard lots of bad stories, and then I hear very good ones.

GRU
May 12th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Glad to hear that there's another one of us here in Michigan, even if she is on the other side of the state from me!

One suggestion -- make sure that you ask her to put you in her "personal client book" and let her know that you want to be notified if she changes salons. (I know you said she's the manager, but it happens!) Some salons won't tell you where a particular stylist moved to (they don't want to lose your business to a competitor), and you don't want to have to call every salon in the Metro Detroit area to find out if she's working there.

I've used the same gal since the very early 90s, but I don't think I've been to see her in a couple years -- now that I'm not doing layers or bangs anymore, I just don't have the need for regular trims anymore! But back in the 80s, the *best* stylist I had ever had just happened to be at BoRics too (which is why I suggested you get on her client list.... my stylist back then -- I still remember her name was Lucy! -- up and left, and I drifted from place to place after that until I found my currrent gal).

Sunsailing
May 13th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Could you tell us her first name so we know who to ask for?

Even though I have a great stylist currently, it's nice to have a backup person.
Your's would be about the same drive for me as my current stylist.

EtherealOde
May 14th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Good idea about that personal client book, I will ask next time I see her. Actually, I will probably make a special trip just for that purpose. Her name is Leslie.

K_Angel
May 14th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I'm so glad this is a happy hair story. When it started with I went to get a hair cut today... I was so worried it would be another sad story of them taking too much hair off and I was coming here to encourage you. Instead it was a great story! I'm so glad! :cheese: A long hair, hair stylist! What a find! :)

3azza
May 14th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Lucky you... I hope she becomes an lhc member. I need some inspiration from a long haired 3a/b/c. I'm desperate to have my curls at TBL. sighhhhhhhhhh