PDA

View Full Version : Beyond classic "landmarks"

truepeacenik
May 7th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Ok, I'm at classic, despite three trims (I've been here a while) and I'm wondering how to set mini goals from here.
i'm thinking fingertip, knee, mid calf, ankle, floor...

BUT these are far apart from each other. All my height (that's a tad misleading-I'm short) is in my legs. the fingertip/ knee/ mid calf are about 6 inches apart.
To compare, waist to hip is not worth measuring on me.

are there other points I'm obviously not seeing?

PatGear
May 7th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Well, before fingertips you've got thumbs.

kwaniesiam
May 7th, 2008, 10:15 PM
And before thumbs, you've got wrists ;)

I suppose between mid-thigh, you can call it quarter thigh? Then knee, bottom of knee, top of calf, mid calf, bottom calf, ankle, etc. There was a big and rather humorous list of the various lengths from bald to trailing on the floor. What ever happened to that?

trolleypup
May 7th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Non-artificial minigoals are few and far between classic and ankle.

Classic
Past Classic/Upper Thigh
Mid Thigh
Lower Thigh
Top of Kneecap
Knee
Bottom of Kneecap
If you have enough definition, you might get a couple mini-goals out of Calf
Ankle
etc.

Cinnamon Hair
May 7th, 2008, 10:21 PM
One of my favorite lengths is "longer than shorts." Of course this length can vary, depending on the length of your shorts, but that's part of its beauty! Buy a skimpy pair of shorts and you'll reach it fast.

Meli
May 8th, 2008, 02:40 AM
There was a big and rather humorous list of the various lengths from bald to trailing on the floor. What ever happened to that?

Do you mean this one (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=24)? ;)

anna1850
May 8th, 2008, 04:13 AM
I suppose you could do 1st set of knuckles, 2nd set of knuckles, fingertips to break that up.

Apart from that I can think of many, unless you have some moles on your legs or something you can use as a landmark.

I was going to suggest wrist but then I checked where it was on me and it's only halfway between TB and classic on me.

tuanyiji
October 15th, 2022, 08:06 PM
I suppose you could do 1st set of knuckles, 2nd set of knuckles, fingertips to break that up.

Apart from that I can think of many, unless you have some moles on your legs or something you can use as a landmark.

I was going to suggest wrist but then I checked where it was on me and it's only halfway between TB and classic on me.
Interesting, I just checked and found out that:
my wrist: top hip or perhaps the beginning of BCL
my thumb: tbl
my pinky: classic
my middle fingertip: slightly above mid-thigh (I have ingrown nails that are shorter than my tips)

lapis_lazuli
October 15th, 2022, 10:40 PM
Do you mean this one (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=24)? ;)

Hey, there's actually an archive of this lost article! https://web.archive.org/web/20110124083723/https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=24

How Long is Your Hair? A humorous list, intended to provide the ultimate gradation in hair length distinctions.

How long is your hair?

This list was compiled by a fairly large group of contributors, over a period of a few weeks, a few years ago. Unfortunately, the list of contributors was only on the article on the old forum, and not on my archive copy. If the archives are restored, I'll get that information and add it here.

Bald
5 o'clock shadow
Peach fuzz
Buzz length
Spike length
Starting to lay down length
It's all laying flat! length
Upper forehead
Mid forehead
Lower forehead
Almost eyebrows
Can I call this eyebrow length?
Just reaching the eyebrows
Eyebrow length
Bottom of eyebrows
Just past eyebrows
Past eyebrows
Well past eyebrows
Halfway to eye length
Almost eye length
Can I call this eye length?
Eye poking length
Eye length
In my eyes
Bottom of my eyes
Just past eye length
Past eye length
Well past eye length
Almost ear length
Do you think I can call this ear length?
Just brushing the ear
Ear length
Getting over ears
Middle of the ear
Bottom of ears
Past ears
Mouth
Gets into my mouth
Jaw-angle
Chin length
Just past chin length
Middle of the neck
Almost shoulder length
Do you think I can call this shoulder length?
Just brushing the shoulders
Shoulder length
Longish shoulder length
Just past shoulder length
Past shoulder length
Well past shoulder length
Halfway to BSL/MBL
Almost BSL/MBL
Can I call this BSL/MBL?
Just reached BSL/MBL
BSL/MBL
Middle of BSL/MBL
Long BSL/MBL
Just past BSL/MBL
Past BSL/MBL
Well past BSL/MBL
Halfway to waist length
Almost waist length
Can I call this waist length?
Just reached waist length
Waist length
Middle of waist length
Long waist length
Just past waist length
Past waist length
Well past waist length
Halfway to hip length
Almost hip length
Can I call this hip length?
Just reached hip length
Hip length
Middle of hip length
Long hip length
Just past hip length
Past hip length
Halfway to tailbone
Almost tailbone
Can I call this tailbone?
Just reached tailbone
Tailbone
Middle of tailbone
Long tailbone
Just past tailbone
Past tailbone
Well past tailbone
Halfway to classic
Almost classic
Can I call this classic?
Just reached classic
Classic
Hot-pants length
Daisy-duke length / almost fingertip
Can I call this fingertip?
Garter length / fingertip
Lower thigh / modest shorts length /just past fingertip
Bermuda shorts length
Am I at knee length yet?
ALMOST knees
Top of knees
Knee-cap
Knee-crease
Was at knee-length but couldn't tell, now I'm obviously past it
Tickling calves
Tall boots length
Upper-calf
Tall boots length
Midcut boots length
Crew sock length
Slouchy sock length
Mini-sock length
Ankle-bone length
Achilles length
Back of heel length
Floor! - Me length!
Dust bunny length - Just past me length
It's a drag...

By: Ursula, at: 03/26/2008

I'm at Me length! :cheese: I love it!

On the way to Fingertip I made up Palm length, which fell past Classic on me. I thought of socks as I went through the Calf abyss but not boots! This list is a treasure :D

tuanyiji
October 16th, 2022, 12:09 AM
Hey, there's actually an archive of this lost article! https://web.archive.org/web/20110124083723/https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=24

On the way to Fingertip I made up Palm length, which fell past Classic on me. I thought of socks as I went through the Calf abyss but not boots! This list is a treasure :D

lol I feel like this is a bucket list that I have to cross one by one :)
I just passed tailbone and on my way to classic.

hanne jensen
October 16th, 2022, 09:35 AM
I love this! Is there any way I can save this?

lapis_lazuli
October 16th, 2022, 09:54 AM
I love this! Is there any way I can save this?

Copy+paste the quoted text into a Word document, or print/save a PDF of the linked archive page are some ways you could save it :) Bookmarking the page works too!

MusicalSpoons
October 16th, 2022, 08:34 PM
Baaaahahaha I love it! :bounce:

I have actually used items of clothing past knee length, let's see if I can remember …
Capri leggings just past knee
Big duvet coat just past knee
Tall boots
¾ length leggings at calf
My dressing gown
Normal sock length
Full leggings length/Trainer sock length

Not forgetting my knee-high stripy socks where each stripe is progress!

Before that I divided my thighs into quarters which very conveniently worked out at 3" between each, and originally I was going to divide knee-ankle into quarters but then items of clothing turned out to be more useful and fun so I used those instead. Oh yes, and the first time I felt my hair on my calves was a wonderful milestone too.

I also sometimes still surprise myself with my hair being longer than dresses and ¾ length trousers. Great fun.

I'm at the top of my ankle bone now, after proper ankle length will be 'caught in the heel of my slipper', then floor, maybe treading on it if I don't chop back straight away … oh heck, have I just given myself another goal? :bigeyes: :rollin:

Alexandrina
October 17th, 2022, 12:32 PM

Hilarious!
I just love the way back machine, so useful.

SandyBottom
October 17th, 2022, 07:20 PM
I'm at lower thigh/modest shorts length/just past fingertip. I thought I was almost at knee (crease) length in a couple of inches or so, but now I see there are so many more milestones before getting there!