PDA

View Full Version : Beyond classic "landmarks"

truepeacenik
May 7th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Ok, I'm at classic, despite three trims (I've been here a while) and I'm wondering how to set mini goals from here.
i'm thinking fingertip, knee, mid calf, ankle, floor...

BUT these are far apart from each other. All my height (that's a tad misleading-I'm short) is in my legs. the fingertip/ knee/ mid calf are about 6 inches apart.
To compare, waist to hip is not worth measuring on me.

are there other points I'm obviously not seeing?

PatGear
May 7th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Well, before fingertips you've got thumbs.

kwaniesiam
May 7th, 2008, 10:15 PM
And before thumbs, you've got wrists ;)

I suppose between mid-thigh, you can call it quarter thigh? Then knee, bottom of knee, top of calf, mid calf, bottom calf, ankle, etc. There was a big and rather humorous list of the various lengths from bald to trailing on the floor. What ever happened to that?

trolleypup
May 7th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Non-artificial minigoals are few and far between classic and ankle.

Classic
Past Classic/Upper Thigh
Mid Thigh
Lower Thigh
Top of Kneecap
Knee
Bottom of Kneecap
If you have enough definition, you might get a couple mini-goals out of Calf
Ankle
etc.

Cinnamon Hair
May 7th, 2008, 10:21 PM
One of my favorite lengths is "longer than shorts." Of course this length can vary, depending on the length of your shorts, but that's part of its beauty! Buy a skimpy pair of shorts and you'll reach it fast.

Meli
May 8th, 2008, 02:40 AM
There was a big and rather humorous list of the various lengths from bald to trailing on the floor. What ever happened to that?

Do you mean this one (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=24)? ;)

anna1850
May 8th, 2008, 04:13 AM
I suppose you could do 1st set of knuckles, 2nd set of knuckles, fingertips to break that up.

Apart from that I can think of many, unless you have some moles on your legs or something you can use as a landmark.

I was going to suggest wrist but then I checked where it was on me and it's only halfway between TB and classic on me.