PDA

View Full Version : Hair oops. Need feedback and rest assured.

JenniferNoel
May 7th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Well here's the story.
To ruin my reputation a little more (oh woe is me :p), I ended up very intoxicated (more than I ever have been) and ended up "subconsciously" dying my hair purple again.
I woke up to find my lovely blonde locks a strange shade of greenish purple and had to cry a little (I know, don't cry over spilled dye :rolleyes:). Somehow the condition of my hair, especially the ends, got trashed (maybe rough combing? I can't remember). Breakage, splits, the works. I think I may have lost a couple inches to breakage, but I haven't measured in several months.
Should I cut to shoulder? Is it just as bad as I think it is? I don't want to lose all that length. Maybe a couple SMTs will fix it.

Here's a couple pictures of the war zone that once was my hair. :p
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc15/jenny_the_strange/DSC06510.jpg

And the bangs.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc15/jenny_the_strange/DSC06512.jpg

Heavenly Locks
May 7th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Well, just from that first picture...your ends DO look a little tatty. I'd try everything I could to rehab them before cutting though. Clarify, SMT, protein pack if you need it.

Oh and at least purple is a nice color right? You could have picked frog butt green?

JenniferNoel
May 7th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Oh and at least purple is a nice color right? You could have picked frog butt green?

Heh - you're right about that! Instead I was left with that weird minty green.
I miss being blonde, but I guess I'll have to be pretty patient.
*breaks out SMT*

GlassEyes
May 7th, 2010, 07:17 AM
It doesn't look like the dye was that strong. You can probably color oops it out and then trim a bit and it'll be fine, depending on what you used.

I have a feeling that if you Color oops, deep treat it, then trim, you shouldn't have too many problems.

FrannyG
May 7th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I think that you don't need to cut anything off right now. Just give your hair a good clarifying and then load it up with a deep moisture treatment like an SMT. Try doing SMT's more than you usually would.

Give your hair a lot of pampering for at least a month before even considering a trim. Even at that, I would only suggest a maximum 1 inch trim. But let even the thought of a trim wait until you see how your hair responds to some TLC.

Good luck with it. I hope your hair is back in shape soon. :blossom:

ericthegreat
May 7th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I've prayed to the porcelain god myself a few times. If dyeing your hair is the worst thing you did drunk, count yourself lucky. :)

Well, the good thing is I actually think that the purple is quite a pretty color. And its light and neutral, not dark so I think Color Opps should be able to get most of it out. Also, do an immediate SMT to repair those ends and keep doing SMTs for the next several weeks. I don't think you really need to trim at all, believe it or not my ends look EXACTLY like that if I leave my hair loose and toss and turn while sleeping. I simply apply coconut oil all over the last two inches of my hair and that takes care of any visible damage. :)

TiaKitty
May 7th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I've heard of drunk dialing, but not drunk dye-ing. :D Sorry, I don't mean to make light of your situation; humor is the way I deal with most crises...

On the up side, I like that purple. I think you should rock it if you can. I don't know what your job/school situation is, but purple bangs are sweet, if you ask me.

I didn't see much green, be it minty or frog-butt. I'm hoping that's what the Color Oops would correct, if it's bothering you.

I also agree with all of the above posters with regard to SMT and waiting to trim. I don't think you should have to lose any length, maybe just a teensy trim if the SMTs don't take total care of your ends.

Keep your chin up! You're going to look sensational, no matter what!

jivete
May 7th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I agree with everyone above. Did you happen to have your hair in a braid though? My ends look like that after they've been braided. I've learned never to evaluate the condition of my ends after they've been in a braid or other updo.

Anje
May 7th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I kinda like the color. It's not blond, but it's kinda fun.

Like the other folks, I suggest that you try generally babying your hair for a week or so before deciding whether it needs trimmed. Some extra conditioning can cover a multitude of sins, and scrunched dry ends often look and feel more damaged than they really are.

JenniferNoel
May 7th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I've heard of drunk dialing, but not drunk dye-ing. :D Sorry, I don't mean to make light of your situation; humor is the way I deal with most crises...

Why so serious? :D:D

And thanks for the input everyone. I did a mini S&D, and my hair is soaking up oil like crazy as we speak.
Patience...

Tap Dancer
May 7th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I think everything will be fine after you clarify and deep condition. Then go through and S&D. If your ends still look bad after that, trim an inch off. You can trim more later if you need it.