PDA

View Full Version : Long layered hairstyle

Snowcold
May 7th, 2010, 06:16 AM
I've been looking for ages for this, but currently I'm growing out the layers I have now because I really don't like them. They started out as short, spiky ones (I had as many as possible, so I could tease and poof up my hair) and since August last year I'm growing them out.

But, I'm afraid a haircut without layers won't look good on me, since my hair is quite thick and heavy and the weight will probably pull down my hair, causing it to have no volume at all. So I was looking for APL hairstyles with long layers, starting beneath the chin.

I couldn't find anything satisfying, maybe some of you have seen something or wearing long layers yourselves. Let me know!

Dreams_in_Pink
May 7th, 2010, 06:20 AM
If you don't like having layers, you can consider other cutting methods like thinning the ends or undercutting. My hair's also very thick and coarse and i'm doing great with my canopy thinned, as you can see in my avatar (i suppose you cannot view albums yet).

Snowcold
May 7th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Well, I have bad experiences with thinning my hair. It looked awful, so I don't want to try again! However it does look good on you, but your hair has a beautiful wave while mine's pretty straight... So I think the outcome will be different.

And I must say, I like some long layered hairstyles. I just can't find any good pics to show my hairdresser.

misstwist
May 7th, 2010, 09:34 AM
http://www.sininthesecondcity.com/about.html

The author picture for this book by Karen Abbott shows her with long layers between apl and bsl. Most of the layers start at her chin but she does have some long bangs that are about ear-length.

Her hair texture is actually rather more wavy than this picture shows it styled. When I met her at a reading she still had about the same haircut but it didn't look quite as nice because her natural texture was more apparent.

Her hair is pretty thick. I bet this would look very nice on your thick and straight hair.