PDA

View Full Version : Oils

allnaturalboy
May 6th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Where do you buy your oils at?

I sometimes buy from herbalremedies.com

I'm not sure if its a good brand but I buy NOW oils.
Anyone else use this brand?

Meagan
May 6th, 2010, 06:59 PM
grocery stores and health food stores

In2wishin
May 6th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Either wholesalesuppliesplus.com, Majestic Mountain Sage (thesage.com), or Texasnaturalsupply.com. Unfortunately there is no single place that carries everything I use at a good price. Wholesale Supplies Plus and MMS are the best for oils, Texas Natural Supply for herbs plus they sell sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide for my soaps.

dropinthebucket
May 7th, 2010, 07:26 AM
My local health food store has it all - but it can be a bit expensive. :( Might be cheaper online ....

Jean Stuart
May 7th, 2010, 07:49 AM
I bought a 54 oz tub of organic coconut oil from amazon

Magicknthenight
May 7th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I got all my oils from Garden of wisdom. A year later I'm still using them! They seem to be good. I got my coconut oil off tropical traditions though...I don't think garden of wisdom sold it. I got small to big bottles depending on price and how much i liked it. I got it from 1 oz to 16 oz. but i thought I'd go through them faster. Nope a little goes a long way! I'm not sure if their expensive because I've only bought on there other then the coconut oil. Something cheaper might have come up since then? Beforehand i got my coconut oil on Ebay. I like this coconut oil better..

This link has a few more places you can get oils if you scroll down a little bit. (Good info too)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=71

moonlight
May 7th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I get organic pure coconut oil at the grocery. I melt it down with my fav (currently basil and lime) essential oils from a vendor on eBay.

I get jojoba from the grocery too.

Xandergrammy
May 7th, 2010, 08:44 AM
I buy my monoi oil at tahiti-iti.com, my virgin coconut oil at drugstore.com and my regular food quality coconut oil (with no scent) at the Indian grocery around the corner from my house. I also have Africa's Best oil that I got at the Dollar General around the corner from my house.

moonlight
May 7th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I was ADDICTED to monoi a few years ago...I loved Vanilla, Ylang ylang, and Sandlewood so much that I couldn't control myself and had greasy hair everyday lol and I had to completely stop buying it.

Hmmmm it's been a while....Maybe I should buy myself one little bottle? One wouldn't hurt, right?

Theobroma
May 7th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I get my coconut oil from the health food shop.

Siava
May 7th, 2010, 09:25 AM
At the little boutique next to my mom's house. There's all kinds of neat stuff in there.

Twil
May 7th, 2010, 01:14 PM
In a store called 'New Age People' they're pretty cheap and come in tiny vials (3 oz) so I can test them out as well as larger bottles. I guess they're supposed to be used in some Wiccan/Neo-pagean dealy, but my hair in general hates oils, so I like the 'sample sizes'.

Try your local occult stores. Beauty Supply stores have them too, not so much chains like Sallys, but independent owned ones.

clichepithet
May 7th, 2010, 01:17 PM
EV Coconut Oil @ Wal-Mart
Sweet Almond Oil @ H.E.B. (a regional grocery chain)

Copasetic
May 7th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I get coconut oil either online, or at my local health food store, and get olive oil at any grocery store.

kittylover
May 7th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I buy my jojoba oil from Trader Joe's and my coconut oil at wholefoods.

Lanfear
May 7th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I got my oils from Ananda Apothecary. They have a wide selection and the prices were not bad. They have a good amount of organic too. Mountain Rose Herbs is good too ..

Kathie
May 7th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I got mine from a health food store- I looked on line and there were a lot of different qualities to choose from and of course a really wide range of prices. I was looking for coconut oil, I live in the south pacific in New Zealand near many coconut filled islands so I found a few places that sell it by the bucket---- a little too much for me! :p

Xandergrammy
May 7th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I was ADDICTED to monoi a few years ago...I loved Vanilla, Ylang ylang, and Sandlewood so much that I couldn't control myself and had greasy hair everyday lol and I had to completely stop buying it.

Hmmmm it's been a while....Maybe I should buy myself one little bottle? One wouldn't hurt, right?

Oh, moonlight, I don't think a little bottle of monoi would hurt at all. Go ahead and treat yourself!! (I LOVE the vanilla) :gabigrin:

Aurielle
June 2nd, 2010, 09:44 PM
EV Coconut Oil @ Wal-Mart
Sweet Almond Oil @ H.E.B. (a regional grocery chain)

Oh good! I was searching through the forums to figure out where in the world I could get more sweet almond oil besides the craft store I found a tiny vial in. I was hoping H.E.B. would carry it! :D Next I just have to see if my local H.E.B. has it.

pennylane
June 2nd, 2010, 11:25 PM
I get my oils and butters at my locals health food shops. The virgin cold pressed olive oil i get at the supermarket. :)

VERONICAT
June 3rd, 2010, 03:06 AM
I get my oils in Polynesia (Bora Bora); but also you can buy it by Internet (my oils are from Parfumerie Tiki)

Holly9192
June 3rd, 2010, 11:56 AM
The grocery store or anywhere I happen to find them cheap.

jackie75
June 5th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I've been buying my jojoba oil (Now brand) & coconut oil (Jarrow) from iherb.com for years now, along with all my essential oils. I went to the closest health food stores here, & I'll never return because their prices were so outrageous.

I also just got some camellia oil from henna sooq. My hair seems to like that too.