PDA

View Full Version : Henna or catnip first?

TiaKitty
May 6th, 2010, 12:09 PM
I've got the itch! I want to treat my hair and perk myself up.

I've brewed some catnip to use as a conditioner.

My henna is in the freezer, waiting to be used.

Should I henna first and then catnip or catnip first and then henna??? I'm stumped.

walterSCAN
May 6th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Hmmm... I think if it were me, I'd henna first and then catnip. That's just my knee-jerk reaction though, I don't really have any reasoning. :shrug:

little_cherry
May 6th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I agree with walterSCAN...henna first, wait a week (and shampoo) then start the catnip rinses. The reason for waiting is because when you henna, it leaves a resin on your hair and the catnip will not penetrate. It is also best to clarify your hair before hennaing..just in case there is build up.

Enjoy! :)

TiaKitty
May 6th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Sweet! Thanks so much, y'all.

I brewed some catnip. I read it will last 10 days in the fridge. Maybe I'll give it to my Moms or rinse my daughter's hair with it.

lastnite
May 6th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I never heard of catnip rinses... I did a little search and it looks like you are using real catnip that cats like. does the catnip smell remain in your hair? lol... I'm imagining my cats whacking at my head

ktani
May 6th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I never heard of catnip rinses... I did a little search and it looks like you are using real catnip that cats like. does the catnip smell remain in your hair? lol... I'm imagining my cats whacking at my head

No problem with that, lol, here you go, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=118

little_cherry
May 6th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I must have an incredibly odd cat...every time I've done a catnip leave in, she loiters around my hair...once she tried to chew on my hair.

Then again, she's been addicted ever since she was a kitten (she's 9 now.)

IcarusBride
May 7th, 2010, 02:52 AM
I don't use Henna, but I use Cassia and I make the Cassia mixture USING catnip tea instead of water! A word of warning, my cassia/catnip mixture leaves my scalp (and my hair to a lesser extent) very yellowy for a few days afterwards! I'm not sure if that's the effect of the catnip or the cassia, though.

ktani
May 7th, 2010, 06:17 AM
I don't use Henna, but I use Cassia and I make the Cassia mixture USING catnip tea instead of water! A word of warning, my cassia/catnip mixture leaves my scalp (and my hair to a lesser extent) very yellowy for a few days afterwards! I'm not sure if that's the effect of the catnip or the cassia, though.

Catnip has never stained my scalp, shower curtain, bathtub, or fingernails, only my hair. It did stain a plastic bag I reused for my treatment.

TiaKitty
May 10th, 2010, 05:10 PM
So, I was wondering, I have this tub of catnip tea... would it work as well or better if I were to freeze it?

Anyone frozen catnip tea before?