PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Oprah yesterday (hair related)

Chrissy
May 6th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Normally I don't start makeover/hair cut threads but this one just had to be posted. It was a makeover for men. People's s/o wrote into the show to nominate their person for a makeover. The first guy they talked about was a very handsome guy with awesome dreads. They made over several guys and for the most part I thought they looked better after. But the dread guy omg after the makeover - thumbs down big time!!

They put him in an ugly suit and had his hair all cut off and he literally was squirming in the after parts. I think he HATED it. His Mom was the one who wrote in so I think he did it for her. BIG MISTAKE!!! I hope he grows his hair back.

Anyone know how to link this episode? Oh and it was Carson Kresley (or however you spell his last name) that went out to get the people for the makeovers.

Chrissy
May 6th, 2010, 05:43 AM
I did see a clip but it makes the guy look like a weirdo cause he has on some crazy hat. When I watched the episode they showed him sitting at a table with a friend.

BunnyBee
May 6th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I hate hate HATE that people think for a man to look 'respectable' he has to have short hair. Imagine if it were the other way round and women were refused jobs on the basis of their hair being too short and not *feminine* enough.

Makeover shows make me very angry! Individuality should be nurtured because there isn't enough of it in this damn world.

moonlight
May 6th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I saw it...and I also couldn't believe they took his dreads! They were so cool...if I was 20 again, I'd SOOOOO have dreads!

Amraann
May 6th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I did not see it but the guy agreed to it.

Jessikinz
May 6th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah I don't think he liked the after look either. But that's what happens when you go on a show to get a makeover in front of millions of people. He could have backed out.

Meagan
May 6th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Was his dreads nappy? or well kept?

AnitaThorn
May 6th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Any pictures? That sounds like it sucks. >.<

spidermom
May 6th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I'm with Amraann - he agreed to do the show for whatever reason - maybe job related. It's hard to imagine any son doing something just because his mom wanted him to; there must be other reasons.

shadowclaw
May 6th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I'm with Amraann - he agreed to do the show for whatever reason - maybe job related. It's hard to imagine any son doing something just because his mom wanted him to; there must be other reasons.

I agree... all these people who go onto these shows agree to let the stylist do whatever, and I'm pretty sure that anyone with "excessively long" or unusually styled hair expects the stylist to hack it all off. Even people with shoulder-length hair could probably expect to get a big chop, too.

This guy was probably planning on getting a cut for whatever reason and decided to get it done on tv. True, he may have looked like he hated his new style, but that doesn't mean he wasn't expecting it!

juliaxena
May 6th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I agree... all these people who go onto these shows agree to let the stylist do whatever, and I'm pretty sure that anyone with "excessively long" or unusually styled hair expects the stylist to hack it all off. Even people with shoulder-length hair could probably expect to get a big chop, too.

This guy was probably planning on getting a cut for whatever reason and decided to get it done on tv. True, he may have looked like he hated his new style, but that doesn't mean he wasn't expecting it!

I also first assume that people have free will and change their style because they WANT it. I'm not a fan of long hair on men but this is not the reason for my opinion.

-j-
May 6th, 2010, 11:59 PM
I didnīt see the Oprah show, but once I saw this other make over-show (I donīt remember, which one) where a mother was styled again. She had bleached her hair for a lifetime and the hair was quite damaged. She had dressed in pink clothes for all her life, because she loved it so.

Well, in the show they obviously threw away all the pink clothes and dyed the hair to something like chestnut brown and trimmed a little. The mother wasnīt happy. I think she couldīve burst into tears when the new style was complete. She just said that she hated the new hair most of all, "but if this is what my family wants and if they were ashamed of my old style, I will adjust to this".

It was kind of sad. Maybe that womanīs style was not modern or maybe others loathed her hairstyle, but she loved it! That show also showed, that not everybody is strong enough to fight for herself, when there is pressure :(

JamieLeigh
May 7th, 2010, 12:21 AM
I hate hate HATE that people think for a man to look 'respectable' he has to have short hair. Imagine if it were the other way round and women were refused jobs on the basis of their hair being too short and not *feminine* enough.

Makeover shows make me very angry! Individuality should be nurtured because there isn't enough of it in this damn world.

This. All the way! :cheer:

Ludde
May 7th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Agree fully with BunnyBee and JamieLeigh.