PDA

View Full Version : I can tuck my ends now!

ibleedlipstick
May 5th, 2010, 02:13 AM
I sleep in two french braids, and for a very long time, I couldn't come anywhere near being able to tuck them in.

Tonight, for the first time since Christmas 2008, I can french braid my hair, and tuck the ends well under. :cheese: I also realized that my longer layers are two inches past collarbone, an my shortest layer is about and inch and a half past my chin. :)

I'm sure this seems like a relatively pointless post to most of you, but I'm coming back from a fully shaved head, and even though my hair still seems super short to me, it isn't actually so horrible anymore.

I apologize for being the newbie clogging up the page, but I felt compelled to post this mini victory before I go to bed (It's 1:15 am here, and I have to be up at 6 to finish writing a midterm paper.)

This has made me happier than getting an A in my classes. I feel somewhat sheepish now... :o

Purdy Bear
May 5th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Congratulations on your progress!

I love to hear all the length reports, its gives the rest of us hope.

Dreams_in_Pink
May 5th, 2010, 02:35 AM
It's nowhere pointless, believe me :) anything that proves your hair's growing is very valuable. I wore tucked-in french and dutch braid almost everyday when i was barely at shoulders. It's like, one of the best ways to wear hair this length; it attracts attention and you get asked "where are your ends?!?How did you do this?!?" questions :D

Congratulations on a milestone! :cheese:

growing2shine
May 5th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Thats great! I'm really happy for you, and I can't wait to one of my one milestones :D

Loreley
May 5th, 2010, 06:34 AM
That's great! Congrats on your progress! :)

ibleedlipstick
May 5th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Thank you!

laurathexplora
May 5th, 2010, 07:50 AM
YAY!!!!!!! Good for you! It is so wonderful, as your hair grows, to be able to more syles. Everyone says you can't do anything with long hair. But I think it's the other way around.

My shortest layer is at SL and longest is at BSL. I am just able to do a single english braid without all my hair falling out in the front. It's great to see all the beautiful hair here, but I understand how it can be frustrating too.

TiaKitty
May 5th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Congratulations! I don't even remember being able to tuck my ends under. I think when I was your length, I didn't even know about LHC or that being possible, so I just never tried... I'm happy you're here and you can get all the useful information this site and it's members are willing to share!!!