PDA

View Full Version : 2" in one month

JBO
May 5th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Has anyone ever been able to get two inches of growth in one month? It's a goal of mine to do this at some time. If I could do that I could get to my goal in 4 months.

If anyone has ever experienced this, do you remember what you were doing? If it's possible. If not, it's nice to dream.

(side note: I must be really short cause BSL for me is only 18"!:))

IcarusBride
May 5th, 2010, 01:59 AM
I never got 2" in 1 month. I don't think I ever heard of anyone else growing that much either. Maybe those using monistat? The most I ever grew in 1 month was 1.5" but it hasn't repeated sofar.

The reason you're at BSL at 18" and I'm at BSL at 26" is because the standard way people measure their hair on LHC forum is with a tape measure starting at the place where their forehead and hair meet, over the top of the head, down to the ends in the back. I was also super confused about this when I joined and I had 17" BSL hair, haha!

Dreams_in_Pink
May 5th, 2010, 02:39 AM
2" in a month = awesome :D I never had it, neither do i believe it's possible. Maybe those who use hair vitamins got close to that.

I'll sub to this thread for any possible ideas :D

Multiruus
May 5th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Before I joinend LHC my hair grow like 1cm (less than half inch) in a month. With some tricks it has gotten double now. That means 2cm (about 2/3 of inch).
So yeah...my hair grows really slow even now that I have managed to double it :D:D

naereid
May 5th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Before I joinend LHC my hair grow like 1cm (less than half inch) in a month. With some tricks it has gotten double now. That means 2cm (about 2/3 of inch).
So yeah...my hair grows really slow even now that I have managed to double it :D:D
Which tricks? Mine's still at 1cm. :(

morecowbell
May 5th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I usually get about 1" a month. I've been able to get up to 1.5" by massaging my scalp and religiously taking my daily multivitamin. Like a previous post said, look into Monistat. I've never used it, but SO many people have reported good results with it.

Things to speed hair growth:
Daily Multivitamin (anything good for your body will be good for your hair)
Massage scalp frequently- nightly if possible (with or without oils)

Things to look into:
Monistat
Cayenne pepper oil/infusion/tincture (cayenne is an old home remedy for hair loss, when massaged into the scalp, it increases blood flow, which theoretically would increase hair growth)

HTH :)

Loreley
May 5th, 2010, 06:21 AM
The most growth I had in one month was 1". My hair grew 1-1.5 cm/month in winter and now (with vitamins) it grows 1.5-2 cms. 2" would be awesome but I've never heard of anyone whose hair grew that fast.

Multiruus
May 5th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Which tricks? Mine's still at 1cm. :(

S&D, coconut oil, biotin, washing my hair only once a week :) Basicly everything that helps my hair to get in better condition without stressing it much.

naereid
May 5th, 2010, 07:14 AM
S&D, coconut oil, biotin, washing my hair only once a week :) Basicly everything that helps my hair to get in better condition without stressing it much.
Thanks. ;) I wash my hair twice a week and have been S&Ding and taking biotin pills for some months now. Bought my first jar of coconut oil just yesterday, so now I'm all covered.

Two inches a month, hah. My dream is an inch a month. :sad

ButterCream
May 5th, 2010, 10:46 AM
I can only "squeze":poot: out 1 cm a month too...:eyebrows:

...le sigh, the sound of 2 or even 1 inch a month sounds like dreeeeeam!

C`mon hair! GAH-ROW!!! :whip:

Madame J
May 5th, 2010, 11:03 AM
A couple of people taking supplements have reported >1" growth in a month, but it generally averages out with a stall later on. So I doubt you could grow 2"/month for 4 months straight.

Sunny_side_up
May 5th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I think i did years ago when i was 19 on a holiday in Thailand. Ate luscious varied fruits and veg, fish and seafood, hot, humid weather- Jul/Aug, wore hair up all the time, lazing about having a really relaxing time (out of the sun) looking back at old pics it appears i went from touching shoulder to inches past shoulder in pics when i was back in Britain. When am i gonna get that kinda time off again :sun: 6 weeks of awesome growth! Must've been like half an inch a week:surprise: Mouth watering thinking of the food!:yumm:

spidermom
May 5th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I once got 1.25 inches in 3 weeks, and all I had to do was get 5 inches of fried ends cut off. My hair was so happy it had a growth spurt!

It usually takes 3 months for me to grow 2 inches.

Hana
May 5th, 2010, 01:56 PM
cor blimey guvnor.
i can only dream of an inch a month! 2 inches - is that even possible?

Pear Martini
May 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Damnit! I opened this thread thinking there would be a new pill or treatment that would make my hair grow two inches in one month :D

bubbles_87
May 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Oh it would be so nice to find out how to get 2 inches in a month. I wish our average growth was 2 inches a month not .5 inches. I know that when I was younger elementary school age to middle school my hair grew like a weed! I wish mine was like that again.

VikingJarl
May 5th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I've been a bit lazy with my hair care lately. Have been doing regular S&D, but have been wearing it down a lot or in a ponytail. No Biotin, coconut oil or shea butter for a while either... hence: in January my hair was 34 inches, just measured again - 34 inches:eek: Arrghhh!! That'll teach me:(

Got to get back on the program..

JBO
May 5th, 2010, 04:54 PM
2" is a lot. I have pretty fast growing hair I got 3" in 3months, which is an inch a month I guess, probably would have been a better way to say that.

I measured a again from my forehead to BSL, it is 18". I think I have a very short torso.

JBO
May 5th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Oh the inch a month was with out doing anything like MN or vitamins. It was the winter too and I was super stressed. I wasn't measuring before that so I don't know what the growth was before those 3 months.

Again though I have pretty fast growing hair. Which is both good and bad. My leg hair grows fast too. I have 5 o'clock shadow on my legs when I shave and I have to wax my uni-brow every week and a half.

Theobroma
May 6th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Best I can do is 2 centimetres a month, as best I can tell, and that's with a healthy diet and wearing it up all the time. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone managing two inches!

dropinthebucket
May 6th, 2010, 06:27 AM
My hair was growing really slowly before LHC - and I could always tell, because it seems like I've been growing out a colour for the last five years :( - I keep getting it to just about my ears, and then decide I can't stand the two-toned look, and try to fix it. Wish I would learn, it would all be grown out now if I'd just leave it! Anyway, I would always be one full year getting it to my ears - so, less than .5 inch month, definitely. Since joining LHC, I've added MSM and garlic to my vitamin regimen (was already taking multi, B, and calcium). I also read in a book I have about the brain and aging that hanging with your head upside down a few minutes every day is good for blood flow to the brain (I'm figuring, scalp too?). It must all be working, because I hendigoed two months ago, and I have over an inch of virgin roots now! :)

ButterCream
May 6th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Best I can do is 2 centimetres a month, as best I can tell, and that's with a healthy diet and wearing it up all the time. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone managing two inches!

Even that is a lot!! Lucky you!:D