PDA

View Full Version : Should I trim ? (pics)

Alexannee10
May 4th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I don't know what to do :( I'm happy that my hair have grown, but the ends are getting really thin .. Should I get a trim or keep growing without trimming?

I HAVE TO RESIZE THE PICS! COMMING SOON! LOLL

spidermom
May 4th, 2010, 12:10 PM
This is a matter of personal preference. I trim pretty often because I cannot tolerate thin, uneven ends or damaged, grabby ends. I think my hair looks more well-cared-for with a nice, even, U-shaped hem, which makes me feel more well-cared-for.

Other people want the longest hair possible no matter how thin the longest strands are. And that's o.k., too, but not for me.

Heavenly Locks
May 4th, 2010, 12:10 PM
The determining factor (to me) would be what your desired hemline is. :) What type do you prefer?

Oskimosa
May 4th, 2010, 12:15 PM
It might not be as bad as you think; we are our own worst critics. That being said, you are growing your hair for YOU and YOU have to be happy with it, no one else. Do what makes you happy! :)

Alexannee10
May 4th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks for your response :)

Guess what, I just accidentaly deleted all of my new hair pictures :(

I think I will trim it .. I look at all your beautiful hair and I guess I would prefer 1 inch shorter and clean ends .. thanks!

Sunny_side_up
May 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Your hair is lovely and shiny. Whatever will make you feel better about it at the end of the day:) Sometimes doing just a little trim can make your hair feel and look alot nicer, but it's up to you and when you think the time is right.

Alexannee10
May 5th, 2010, 09:45 AM
You're right, Sunny side up! And that's what I did .. I just cut 1½ inch .. It looks a lot shorter for me, but a lot healtier .. :P

Loreley
May 5th, 2010, 10:06 AM
My ends are thin, too, and I hate thin ends. I trim 0.5-1 cm/ every month now to thicken my ends. I want my hemline a bit fuller before growing it on.