PDA

View Full Version : Scalp bumps

Igor
May 4th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I get some in the front hair line especially around the temples. They’re hard, somewhat sore (More like irritated I guess) usually oblong rather than round, some redness sometimes and they’re not “squeeze-able”. I cant seem to figure out what triggers them either

Anyone else getting these? What are they anyways?

:(

In2wishin
May 4th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I used to get them occasionally all around the hairline. I don't know what they are but I stopped getting them when I started washing my face and neck last thing in the shower and worked the soap just into the hairline. Maybe I wasn't rinsing the conditioner well enough???? Don't know but I almost never get them anymore.

Leneveu
May 4th, 2010, 11:13 AM
I get these occasionally, too, sometimes "in" the hair on the temples (though no more than an inch from the hairline). They really hurt if the comb bumps into them.

I'm no help, though, since I don't know what they are or what causes them either :shrug:

Igor
May 4th, 2010, 11:23 AM
They really hurt if the comb bumps into them.

Oh yes. They really do :(

marikamt
May 4th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I get them sometime too..... I always thought they were little 'under the skin' pimples.... with mine, you can't really see them, just feel them.

BattahZ
May 4th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I get those occasionally, too. I think they're from hair product, or possibly not getting facewash all the way to the hairline to remove sunscreen etc. I try to make sure to swipe my AHA/BHA all the way up to my hairline, and that usually gets rid of them.

little_cherry
May 4th, 2010, 12:34 PM
These are Keratin bumps..totally harmless and can be removed by a dermatologist or doctor. I have these, too...I just don't bother with them. :)

Oops...sorry...I thought that you were talking about bumps on the scalp!! The ones on the hair line usually are there because of excess sebum..the pores get blocked up with it creating them.

Arctic
May 4th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I get hair line (and scalp) bumps when I a) oil or b) don't wash often enough/well enough. I have acne prone skin and it doesn't like oiling. I can manage to pre-wash oil occasionally, but any more than that irritates my acne.