PDA

View Full Version : Start length to goal length

Purdy Bear
May 4th, 2010, 10:41 AM
1. What was your start length?
2. What is your now length?
3. What is your goal length?

If youv reached your goal length how long did it take you to get there?

----------

1. My hair at the moment (I only have a few patches of hair which is an inch long) is predominantly just scalp so is 0.

2. As above so is 0

3. My goal length is Tail bone length, which is (measured from where hair would start at the forhead) 38 inches.

Iv only been studying hair since the beginning of March this year, so just over a month in.

Miranda1995
May 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM
1 My start length im 15 jeers alt and have alwais had long hair.
my hair is grown till my 7th birthday to a vieuw centimeters a
bove my trouser.

2 The longest tip of my hair is now down to my ankle

3 i want to have hair what is down on the floor end a view meters behind me
like diana witt

Burgundyhair
May 4th, 2010, 11:20 AM
When I first joined the long haired people many years ago, I had started at about chin length. I grew it to waist, then went down to tail bone.

Now I have BSL after cutting my waist length hair after having my baby last fall. I regret it in some ways. I did get rid of most of the dye, relaxer, and bleached highlights from that cut. On the positive I do have healthier hair.

growing2shine
May 4th, 2010, 11:28 AM
nice thread :)
1. My first really start lenght was about shoulder length. But I was first getting real into growing long hair a few months ago.
2. My hair is currently about 24". (just beneath bh-strap.)
3. My ultimate goal length is classic :) (Can't wait!)

spidermom
May 4th, 2010, 11:36 AM
1) My starting length was layered and above the shoulders, with the longest strands about 5 inches long. I declared that my last haircut.

2) My current length is at the bottom of my tailbone. It has taken 10 years, with lots of trims because I can't tolerate uneven or rough/grabby ends.

3) I want to get my hairs long enough to touch my thighs when I stand upright. They already touch my thighs with certain movements; that's fun.

I doubt I will ever go shorter than APL again, unless I get too old and/or disabled to take care of my hair by myself.

chrissy-b
May 4th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I started getting serious about growing my hair at chin length. It's now just below BSL (2 years + 4 months and several trims later) and I'd like to get to tailbone eventually. I'll probably stay at waist to let my new growth and layers catch up a bit first, though.

LittleOrca
May 4th, 2010, 11:38 AM
1. I started growing back out from pixie, but I did cut to an even bob about 2 years after I started to that I could grow it all one length. (However, a stylist cut my hair uneven so to fit it another gave me a U shape that has evolved into a fairytale ends.)

2. I am about 42 inches. I tend to hang around this length due to breakage and shedding from my surgery in Dec. I refuse to cut though since I am growing out dye and it will all have to be cut eventually, so I am just enjoying it now.

3. My goal is to have my hair to the floor, 100% virgin. :)

Liss
May 4th, 2010, 12:17 PM
1. My starting length was shoulder
2. Current length is just passing BSL
3. Goal length is waist

When I reach my first goal, I'll maintain it until my hair is all silky and healthy again. Then I'll grow on to tailbone and beyond.

PrincessTieflin
May 4th, 2010, 12:22 PM
2. I am about 42 inches. I tend to hang around this length due to breakage and shedding from my surgery in Dec. I refuse to cut though
)

I am right there with you LittleOrca, after my surgery March 11, my hair has been falling out in clumps, due to the anestesia ( I really don't think I spelled that right)
The antibiotics and lack of exercise due to this crazy injury.. its all dry and fuzzy, and just not like my hair anymore...

According to the the nurse at the Orthopedic center, it can take up to six months for the effects to get out of you body, I am really hoping that its not something I am going to have to grow out and my hair will return to being normal.. (normal for MY hair anyway ;) )

/end hijack :)

I started getting the desire to have long hair when I was growing out my pixie. That was like 5 years ago, I got extentions and somehow stumbled onto this site :D (thank goodness)

My goal is terminal, or whenever I get to the point where I think its a great length for me :)

Right now I am hovering at APL, Im waiting to get to Waist to even things up, If I can tolerate the dry thin ends that long :)

LunarAurora
May 4th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I've joined LHC one year ago but my hair grows since 2008, thanks to another long hair forum.

I started at mid-back (2008 ). I hadn't any goal at this time and made a lot of excessive trims :(
Now it is at hip, and my goal is... mid-tight or knee :cheese:

But I prefer to have "sub goals", it makes time shorter.
So my actual sub goal is... 1 meter (39,5 inches), I am at 84cm (33,2 inches)

Capybara
May 4th, 2010, 12:38 PM

When I joined LHC, 33 inches. I'm not very accurate with my measuring though. It was hip length, I think. When I actually began to grow my hair... Well, 2 years and a few months ago, I chopped my hair to APL/collarbone to donate it. I consider that my starting point to get to here, but my *real,* decisive starting point when I decided to grow my hair was within the last few months, maybe last September.

About 35 inches. Maybe I'll reach TBL this year :p

Unofficially classic, but we'll see when I get there. I won't know until then whether I want to keep it, grow longer, or cut.

ArienEllariel
May 4th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Starting length: 17.5in.
Current length: APL
Goal Length: At least tailbone length.

It's taking so long.. and right now I've hit a stall.

Bethie
May 4th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Starting length: Pixie
Current length: Chin, or right around there
Goal: BSL, although once I get there, I might decide to continue growing

Robbi Dehlinger
May 4th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Boy short!

2 feet

As long as i can get it!

having fun on the journey too:)

janeytilllie
May 4th, 2010, 01:51 PM

I started growing my hair after a 14 inch cut in June 2009. I cut my hair from tailbone all the way back to APL at 19 inches.

My hair length now is 25.5 inches nearly waist length.

My ultimate goal as of now is knee length :cloud9:

dropinthebucket
May 4th, 2010, 03:15 PM
1) My start length was 14", two months ago when i found this forum.

2) My length right now (predictably, with the average .5/month for hair growth!!) is 15". Why, oh why, can I not get more than .5/month????? :whip:

3) My goal length is APL. I need to start small and achievable, I think, since I'm also growing out a henna disaster and I'm only two months into that, too - so I've got a long way to go!

Amelia
May 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I saw in my notes that I last cut my hair in March 2009, by that i mean a 'big' cut. I have a picture of that month and it was just above shoulder length, not really touching the shoulder.

I then decided to let my hair grow in July 2009, just because :P

I'm at 46cm, which apparently translates into 18.1 inches
I still don't know! I figured something longer than BSL but less than waist??? I dunno, it depends on my hair. I don't want to end up looking like Cousin Itt. I have a lot of hair and a lot of volume.. it needs to be tamed:whip:

artemis
May 4th, 2010, 07:58 PM
The first time I grew out my hair:
1) I started with it ~BSL
2/3) I decided I wasn't going to cut it until I had a baby. It grew to just past my hips before I got pregnant :)

Then I inadvertantly cut it to my shoulders... I meant to cut ~15 inches, but when I got home and measured the pony tail, it was ~22 inches long :(

This time around:
1) I started with shoulder-length hair
2) My goal is waist length... my husband says that's his favorite length on me ;)
3) I'm currently about half-way between BSL and waist length

Meagan
May 4th, 2010, 08:46 PM
My hair use to be waist length, but it was all dry and had split ends everywhere.
I did my big chop in 06' above my boobs...but I still coloured, bleached, and used hot tools on my hair after that so I had to trim basically every month...
Sadly now in 2010, im only at 23'. I dont regret it tho, I had fun experimenting and playing around with my hair.
My goal is back to waist length..or longer.

Loreley
May 4th, 2010, 11:46 PM
1. I've had long hair since I was 6.

2. My hair is past classic now, 45".

3. My goal is 50".

kelly-j
May 5th, 2010, 01:29 AM
1. I started at 17.7 inches (September 2008 )
2. I now at 26.8 inches (April 2010)
3. My goal length is 45 inches whick will be classic!

Athena's Owl
May 5th, 2010, 01:56 AM
1. I started from bald.
2. I haven't measured since November, but it's tailbone length. It nearly rests on whatever i'm sitting on, which is close to classic length.
3. This is past my goal length, but I'm averse to cutting it.

It took 15 years to reach this length.

freckles
May 5th, 2010, 01:58 AM
When I joined LHC and 'officially' decided to grow out my hair, I was at 26 inches (around BSL). But I hadn't had a hair cut since bob-length, I just wasn't officially 'growing'. So I guess I really started to grow at bob-length/neck length.

I'm now at 28 inches (between BSL & waist).

I plan on growing to tailbone :)

Dientje
May 5th, 2010, 02:48 AM
1. Starting point was APL, that was back in 2007. Oh my, I just realized that I've joined 3 years ago and that it might be time for an update...

2. Current length is 31.5 inches

3. Goal was waist length hair. Another realization, I am at waist! Hmmm, so I need to set a new goal, I now declare that my next goal will be hip...

*off to take pics for update*

EtherealOde
May 5th, 2010, 03:53 AM
1. Starting point, when I decided not to do a cut anymore, but to only trim, was at 16 inches. When I joined the LHC my hair was at 20 inches.

2. Currently my hair is 25 and a half inches.

3. My goal is classic, if it will grow that long. If not then I will just have to be happy with what hair I am able to grow. Whatever length it ends up being, I want thick ends, so if that means it must be shorter then it must be shorter! I don't care for whispy ends on me. It reminds me too much of the look of damaged ends. Hopefully it will at least get to at least tailbone.

jackiesjottings
May 5th, 2010, 04:28 AM
1.Just above my shoulders.
2. Hip length
3. Classic

Mine has grown from shoulder to hip in just over 5 years and is now about 4 inches off my target length of classic.

Crazy Diamond
May 5th, 2010, 06:18 AM
I've started out with a chin-lenght bob (~16'').

I just reached waist-lengh (32'')

My goal is classical lenght or further (maybe knee...? ) (47'' or longer)

Ina
May 5th, 2010, 09:15 AM
1. maybe apl? I didn't measure before LHC
2. 31 inches
3. 36 inches, tailbone length

Katrina
May 5th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Midback, layered. I didn't measure it back then so I don't have accurate statistics.

Tailbone (with blunt ends, finally!), 36,5"

I don't have a specific goal anymore. It used to be tailbone, but I'm there already. Now I want at least classic, probably more.

If you reached your goal length how long did it take you to get there?
Well, I reached my original goal (tailbone) last fall, cut almost 3" (back to hip) in February in order to get rid of my layers and now I'm at tailbone again. I started my long hair journey in May 2008, so it took 2 years to get here with the blunt hemline I wanted. I have cut off a lot during this time.

Masara
May 5th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I started growing with hair at around inches in 2006. I joined LHC at in 2007 and my hair was at earlobe.
I'm now at 32 inches, my hair is half way between wasit and tailbone
I never admitted my original goal which was shoulder length because I was aware that it wasn't really what this forum considered as long (actually, I didn't consider it as long either) I very quickly realised I was going to want to go further than that, but I had no idea how long. I had already been at waist, so that seemed like a good idea. Only, I wasn't sure I was going to want to stop there. Once I got to waist, it still felt too short so I kept going. Now i'm nearly at tailbone and classic doesn't seem like such a bad idea...

IcarusBride
May 5th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I have pretty much always have ~BSL hair. August 2007 I chopped to SL after a terrible break up, and from then until 2010, I completely ignored it and each time it got to BSL/nearing waist, I chopped off the terrible un-cared-for ends (~6inch); that happened twice. Now I'm at BSL/nearing waist again and have very healthy virgin hair all except for maybe 2 inches on the end of previously dyed (Blonde, then covered with brown so there'd be no line when my natural hair grew out, but the brown dye pretty much faded out at this point, so these bottom 2 inches are lighter than the rest).
My goal is classic or mid-thigh. I feel that I REALLY WANT to reach classic at some point in my life, and I'd prefer mid-thigh, but if I only ever make it to classic I'll be okay with that. I have 45" as my goal length in inches just because that's how long my tape measure is! Haha.

windinherhair
May 5th, 2010, 07:21 PM
My start length was 33 inches. That was almost 13 months ago, and I am about 41 inches and maybe a little more right now. My goal length is 44 inches, a little longer then classic. I should reach my goal in just a few months.

christine1989
May 5th, 2010, 07:45 PM
1. My start length was around 9 in (last time it was cut) but around 13 in when I decided to grow it out.
2. Now my hair is about 16 in (I measure from the root of a section of hair to the end)
3. My goal (for now) is waist length (25-26 in)

With my hair's growth rate I expect to reach my goal length in about a year.

joyellen
May 5th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I started out in November 2008 with APL hair. Right now I'm about an inch past waist. My goal is hip, but I have a feeling I'll want to see what my hair looks like at classic length. If my ends don't look too thin I'd probably maintain there.

Carolyn
May 5th, 2010, 08:09 PM
My starting length was shoulder length layers in 1999. I hated it with a passion and vowed to grow back to mid back length and stop messing with trendy cuts. I think I hit waist, or 33" in 2004 or it might have been 2005. I got to tailbone or 40" in 2007. Then I trimmed to hip length and grew it back to almost tailbone last year. Over the summer and fall I did a series of trims to 2" above waist or 31" and am planning on growing again if I can keep my ends looking better this time. I'd love to be able to sit on my ends but I don't think I'll have a desire to go longer than that. I can't see going above mid back again.

LoversLullaby
May 5th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Chin

APL

Tailbone!

missjessiecakes
May 5th, 2010, 09:34 PM
1.Longish pixie. From root to tip I had probably 3 inchs any shorter and my hair would've glued its self to my scalp.
2. It is brushing my shoulders. :)
3. As for my goal I originally wanted classic. Then it changed to knee and I now I am considering ankle if I can even get there. I really think I will just grow until I feel it is "long" and looks good.

Theobroma
May 6th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I'm going to say somewhere above BSL because that's where it was a couple of months ago when I made a firm resolve to stop trimming and let it grow.

About 3cm below BSL.

Classic! That's my mental image of myself.

Nymphie
May 6th, 2010, 11:30 AM
1) I just joined, and I have a Pixiecut that was cut in middle march.

2) As said, Pixieshort. Longest strands are max 7 centimeters (Around 2,5 inches)

3) My goal is tailbone. It's gonna take a long time, but it's be worth it if I can get as beutiful updos and funny hairtoys as everybody else I've seen here.

ButterCream
May 6th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Had short hair in 2006.

BSL 26,8 inches, have had many cuts since 2006.

Trying for waist, but will see how the experiment goes as I have a lot of healthproblems that may or may not stop the experiment.
But aiming at waist:D

Trixie33
May 6th, 2010, 01:02 PM
1. I had chin length hair when I decided to grow it out.
2. My hair is now longer then shoulder but not quite APL. I really decided to have it longer then ever before when a friend gave me a pair of hair sticks and I loved them. Then I saw all the great styles that were done with hair sticks, forks and combs.
3. My goal is waist length.

JamieLeigh
May 6th, 2010, 11:45 PM
My start length:
I did not start here on LHC until I was already at tailbone-length (...although I was invited around the year 2005 by a dear lady who passed away in 2006. She had GORGEOUS silver wavy hip-length hair, and she raved about this place. This is before I was comfortable with posting pics on the internet, and was afraid I would get negative comments). I technically started my journey at shoulder-length, age 10, after a disastrous home perm incident. I did not even trim again until age 17, when I cut from about 50" to about 28" (which is just between BSL and "can I call this waist?" on my body.

My "now" length:
Just past fingertip, around 48", mid-thigh. I have slight fairy-tailing going on, despite my trimming, so I might end up being terminal around knee.

My goal length:
I don't know that I truly have an ending length goal...I have a goal to have it as long as possible, still looking nice at the ends. Which probably throws terminal out the window, because my fairy tail ends tend to look a lot thinner than most of the others I have seen on LHC. Or maybe I'm just my own worst critic. :p But...that said, terminal length does pique my curiosity. So we'll see. :D

voluspa
May 7th, 2010, 06:28 PM
1. What was your start length? I just started consciously growing it.
2. What is your now length? About 28", or BSL.
3. What is your goal length? I'm thinking waist, but maybe eventually hip.

Yozhik
May 7th, 2010, 08:14 PM

When I joined LHC, I was somewhere around shoulder length. This was after a chin-length bob in December 2008. I started researching cones vs. no-cones, and ended up on LHC right when I was deciding whether to cut again or grow out :) (guess which one I chose ;))

A little below APL. DBF tells me I still have 1-2 inches until BSL, but I'm thinking more along the lines of 3-4 inches before I reach full-BSL

At the moment, my mini-goal is BSL. Then, I'm going to stop and take stock :) If I have a lot of damage or tapering getting there (I've not trimmed for 7 months), I'll trim and maintain. Otherwise, I'm going to grow onward until I feel it's too unwieldy. I'm enjoying the journey :D

Maplecat
May 10th, 2010, 08:32 PM
My start length is just long enough for some of my hair to tuck behind my ears.

I measured my hair at 7'' earlier this week.

My goal is to get my hair between BSL and waist.

LawyerGirl
May 10th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Less than 1"

shoulder-ish

BSL/waist (I've never had hair that long... so I don't know at what point it will become unmanageable for me yet!)

tarn
May 12th, 2010, 06:19 PM
My start length was around 23". I am 27" at the moment after a couple of trims to even out some terrible layers (some hairdresser made me look like I had 2 separate hair styles in one. My aim is 30" for now.

Dreams_in_Pink
May 13th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Starting length is what they call "pob", it's a very short angled bob in which front layers are chin-length and back is pretty much pixie-length.

Now it's almost APL.

Goal length is tailbone :) I wonder what my hair will look like at tailbone because waist was the longest my hair's ever been :D

(signature pic shows these lengths, but goal pic isn't my hair, it's extensions)

Sarahmoon
May 13th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Mid back (sorry I never measured, so no idea about cm or inches. I'm 1.70m (5'7'') tall, to get a general idea)
Tailbone
Classic

If you've reached your goal length how long did it take you to get there?
I reached my goal length a few months ago and I started growing in 2007, I think it took me around 2.5 years. I cut off about 6cm of split ends and uneven growth to make the hem line look neater.

JenniferNoel
May 13th, 2010, 04:39 AM
1. Start length
The awkward stage somewhere between chin and shoulder.

2. Now length
Top of BSL with regular trims to thicken up the awful hemline.

3. Goal length
Maintaining BSL for a while, but eventually waist or hip.

Sara_1987
May 13th, 2010, 04:48 AM
My start length: 5 years ago I cut my hair in a pixie cut, so very short. (It was hooooooorrible! I don't have the face to pull that off. YUCK. So embarassing.)

My length now, 5 years later, is a bit past BSL. I had lots of trims and some bigger chops in between though.

My goal is waist. I'm thinking/hoping I'll be at waist around october or november so about 5 or 6 months from now.
After that I'll either maintain waist or play around with the length a bit. But I have a new life rule: never cut my hair above chin length!

GermanCurl
May 13th, 2010, 05:40 AM
1. What was your start length? Chin lenght bob appr. 15"

2. What is your now length? Currently I'm at 20"

3. What is your goal length? About 26" or BSL

Garnet66
May 13th, 2010, 06:07 AM
1. What was your start length? Pixie cut, 15"

2. What is your now length? Currently 17 1/2" (had a lot of trims)

3. What is your goal length? First goal is 26 inches, BSL then my final goal of 32 inches, waist length.

mattt
May 13th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Well it started as short cropped hair, and now is past collar in back and to the end of my nose or so in front. Eventually I want mid back length hair, had it there once before.

May
May 13th, 2010, 08:56 PM
1. What was your start length? 13"
2. What is your now length? 15.5"
3. What is your goal length? 24"

My mini goal is 17.5" SL which I hope to reach by September :D

May
May 13th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Did you get trims between the POB and shoulder length? I'm also growing out a similar cut and was looking for inspiration. Thanks!

May
May 13th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Starting length is what they call "pob", it's a very short angled bob in which front layers are chin-length and back is pretty much pixie-length.

Now it's almost APL.

Goal length is tailbone :) I wonder what my hair will look like at tailbone because waist was the longest my hair's ever been :D

(signature pic shows these lengths, but goal pic isn't my hair, it's extensions)

Did you get trims between the POB and shoulder length? I'm also growing out a similar cut and was looking for inspiration. Thanks!

Naamah
May 13th, 2010, 10:30 PM
1. What was your start length? My starting length here was about waist length with a u-shaped hemline.
2. What is your now length? I'm right at hip length, and I trim my hair into a straight hemline now, still have some layers and old bangs I'm growing out.
3. What is your goal length? I don't really have a goal length right now...I at least want to be at classic length, and then from there I'll decide if that's too much for me or if I want it longer. :)

Gwaihiril
May 14th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Start length: I'm not really sure, since I was in 2nd grade. Shoulder length? But I was also kind of short at that point...

Now: Mid-thigh, though I should probably get it trimmed soon, so just past classic?

Goal: I don't have a set one, though if I reach knee length, I'll probably keep it around there.

Daioki
May 16th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I started at about 16"(right about SL) non LHC, that was about two years ago...

24" which is about an inch away from BSL (grow hair, grow!)

35" which is about tailbone length for me, but I might decide to try knee length if I'm not satisfied at that length. :p

FrannyG
May 17th, 2010, 04:17 AM
I've had a few starting lengths since joining LHC. I've had to have three big chops due to damage.

So I'll go with my most recent starting point.

Starting point: 19 inches
Current Length: 24 3/4 inches (about 2 inches left to BSL)
Goal Length 36 inches (tailbone)

I am rethinking my tailbone goal, as I'm not sure I'll be able to achieve it with thick enough ends to make me happy. We'll see. I may change my goal to waist length if the taper is too poor.

Kerynna
May 17th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Start length: 23" = just brushing my bra strap

Now length: 32" = just an inch above my waist

Goal length: 35" or hip length

It has taken 2 years to go from BSL to waist length, but it will only take a few months to get to hip length after that. :cheese:

anna francesca
May 17th, 2010, 09:29 AM
1) start length a few centimeters below BSL
2) current length BSL (after a well needed trim!)
3) goal: CLASSIC

otherarrow
May 17th, 2010, 10:12 AM
When I first came to LHC my hair was about shoulderlength. Then because of a very stupid mistake I had to cut a big chunk off so now it's about 5 cm above shoulder.
I plan to grow it to waist and see if I like it - otherwise I'll keep it at boobhight.

Peter
May 17th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I started in December 2006 with a few inches of hair (my typical "short" haircut). My goal was waist length and I reached that in February 2010. That's about 20" of hair in slightly over 3 years, including several inches worth of trims. :)

Centifolia
May 17th, 2010, 11:20 AM
I started growing my hair long as far as I can remember, but obviously I did it the wong way. Anyway, I joined the community with bsl hair, but it was just visible in real life until about apl... so sad, actually.

Although I'm here for about an year, my hair is still bsl, my thickness is improving and my layers going way. I need to trim my hair a little more so it could be in a more acceptable condition.

Right now tailbone lenght. But I know I will stop obcessing with it when it is at waist (visual, not wet or pulled straight). Also, I think I don't mind more extreme lengths if it is in great shape and compliment my body.

AnaGeorgette
May 17th, 2010, 01:44 PM
1. I started at shoulder length
2. About two-three inches past bsl
3. Between waist and hip-length

honeybrown1976
May 18th, 2010, 09:20 PM
1. My starting length was shoulder-length.

2. It's now bsb (below shoulder blades).

3. MBL~

Henrietta
May 19th, 2010, 11:25 AM
1. What was your start length?- I think BSL. I used to have bob, I decided to grow it to BSL, I had BSL for many years, sometimes APL after accidental trimming", I wanted to grow longer but I couldn't bacause of the damage of the ends. I started to think seriously about growing my hair and I really started growing about 2 months ago, which means- BSL.
2. What is your now length?- BSL, still
3. What is your goal length?- good question. Mini goal- waist until Christmas Eve. General goal- TBL, but after looking at JJJ's and CinnamonHair's pictutres- I'm thinking of knee.

LadyLongLocks
May 24th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I started my longer hair journey in 2005 and was at 36". Now I am very close to 60" which is my goal. I trimmed a lot over the last 5 1/2 years but still gained 24".

36"

59.75"

60" (below knees)

Gulliver
May 24th, 2010, 10:10 PM
1. When I decided to let it grow out was when it was at about my chin or so. I've only really gotten serious lately though, but lets just go with chin length.
2. My length right now is a little past APL.
3. My mini goal length is to get my hair to my waist. From there I'll just see where my hair takes me and whether I can handle more of it.

PuppetCreature
June 17th, 2010, 11:33 PM
1. i started growing when my mohawk was about 3 inches.
2. now it's 14 inches or so in the front from the parting to the ends, but i have some longer hair on my back and some a bit shorter on the side.
3. my goal is to grow waist length. or maybe few inches more.

anthonyswife
June 18th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I started with buzzed hair in my teenage years, and at 16 finally got bored with it. I started growing it out but without any real intentions of what to do with it. It wasn't until I saw a woman on Antiques Roadshow with amazingly long hair (many feet longer than she was tall!) that I realized that's what I wanted my hair to look like.

I am currently at 40 inches, which on me is tailbone when stretched/wet, waist when dry (due to how curly my hair is). It has taken me six years to get to this length.

My goal is terminal! Once I get there I'll decide whether I want to go shorter or stay terminal. I doubt I'll go any shorter than classic.

PiroskaCicu
June 18th, 2010, 09:47 PM
1. I started wanting to grow my hair when it was at shoulder length, which is around 12" for me. This was in 2006. However after growing to 28" within a few years, I cut it all off back to chin.

2. Now I am growing out that haircut and I am past shoulder length, approaching APL at 19"!

3. My goal length is around 35" give or take...we'll see when I get there. I want it to be waist- classic. Not sure yet! :)

Cirafly24
June 19th, 2010, 01:33 AM
1. I guess I never decided to grow it long, I just left it alone and that's what happened hehe. I consciously decided to keep going when I joined LHC at about 33 inches. I haven't cut it at all since it was 29 inches.
2. Right now it's at 36 inches, barely brushing BCL
3. My short term goal is TBL, at which point I will maintain until my hair is completely virgin at that length.

cassie_g
June 19th, 2010, 08:10 AM
1. What was your start length? Pixie. I think it was maybe 3" long.
2. What is your now length? 43.5" which is a little past classic on me.
3. What is your goal length? Well it was waist, then classic, now it's knee or terminal.

If you've reached your goal length how long did it take you to get there? It took 4 years to get to waist and almost 6 to get to classic.

SerenityBlue
June 19th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Great thread!

1. My start length was a pixie cut in the back and just above chin in the front. (A rather extreme inverted bob). May 2009
2. My hair is now shoulder length in the back and about 1 to 1 1/2 " below shoulder in the front. (I haven't had a trim to straighten out the inverted bob yet, lol). June 2010
3. My goal is classic length. :)

Mae
June 19th, 2010, 04:46 PM
My start length was 18", which is just brushing the tops of my shoulders.

My length at the moment is 21", which is around collarbone length.

My goal length is 31", which is waist.

lesbia
June 20th, 2010, 07:16 AM
1. What was your start length? apl, 50 cm
2. What is your now length? midback, 60-65 cm
3. What is your goal length? tailbone, 80 cm