PDA

View Full Version : Going blonde without chemicals?

-simply Venus-
May 3rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
So! My hair is dark brown, and I want to go blonde. Only problem? I don't want to use bleach or peroxide which are full of cancerous chemicals that damage your body and hair D; Honey lightening lifts like 1 shade after 5 times XD toooo slow. Lemons would probably only lift my hair to the light brown, maybe red stage.

Is there any other natural way to get dark brown hair to blonde? Thanks for any help. XP

GlassEyes
May 3rd, 2010, 06:27 PM
True blonde? From dark brown hair without bleach.

If someone could figure out a way, every bottle blonde on the face of this planet would be indebted to them. ): Sadly, there isn't a way that I know of--even if someone comes up with an option, it'll at least involve peroxide.

I wish there were. If I could get my hair blonde without damage I could color it any unnatural color I wanted.

blendedchaitea
May 3rd, 2010, 06:42 PM
Is there any other natural way to get dark brown hair to blonde? Thanks for any help. XP

To get from dark brown to true blonde without chemicals? Yes, there is a way. It is called "a wig."

Anje
May 3rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
Well, your standard 3% drugstore hydrogen peroxide in the brown bottles is equivalent to 10 volume peroxide. Just H₂O₂ and H₂O in that.

Yes, the oxygen that hydrogen peroxide puts off is potentially mutagenic. Oxygen (including the stuff we need to breathe) normally is -- this is why aerobic organisms like us have enzymes like catalase, other peroxidases, and superoxide dismutase to help protect us from it. Our cells use its reactive qualities in a process called "oxidative burst" to help kill bacteria.

kwaniesiam
May 3rd, 2010, 06:57 PM
No. There is no non-chemical way to go from a dark color to a light one. Only bleach will remove the melanin, the pigment causing particles, from your hair that will give you a blonde color. Peroxide lightening on dark hair will almost always turn out simply a lighter shade of brown or reddish orange because of the different levels of decolorization dark hair has to go through in order to reach a light enough stage.

Example:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sXI8Dr0DFV0/RrqwuP7yJ9I/AAAAAAAACQw/-SgYFjbE3NQ/s400/10+degrees99.jpg

-simply Venus-
May 3rd, 2010, 06:59 PM
Hmm, thanks guys.

Jeni
May 3rd, 2010, 07:16 PM
A wig or waiting for your hair to go white then coloring it "blond" (or yellow) with cassia is the only way I can think of to go from brown to blond without bleach or peroxide...

Sorry

Maverick494
May 3rd, 2010, 07:18 PM
I have medium brown hair and when I was a kid, my mom put lemon juice in my hair, which lightened it significantly during the summer holidays. When I came back to school I could call myself blonde. I think that's the only way you can go blonde naturally. Though you'll never be a light blonde.

But what works is to build up your time in the sun. Don't shy away from it, but don't bake in it either. The sun is actually very beneficial, as long as you dose your time wisely and use protective lotions on you face and body. Put lemon juice in your hair every time you go out. Gradually your hair should lighten a lot. But it will take patience, the same patience it takes to grow hair long naturally vs buying extensions. But it will give you a natural look, which I find much more favorable than the ugly roots a dye gives you.

One note, though: your hair might get dry from the sun. So make sure you condition it well and keep it hydrated. Pay extra attention to it.

Hope this helps!

justgreen
May 3rd, 2010, 08:58 PM
Lemon juice is very drying. Remember hair is already dead. Adding natural moisture is the only way to bring some vibrance to it. I've been getting highlights every 4-6 weeks on my roots for almost five years now, with little damage. The key to that is drenching the hair instead of striping the natural oils from the scalp. After each highlighting session, I always do a good SMT using a conditioner with good slip and the same amount of honey.

prosperina
May 3rd, 2010, 10:07 PM
You could try honey to lighten your hair a bit, but that probably wouldn't bring you to blonde.

Katze
May 5th, 2010, 05:53 AM
True blonde? From dark brown hair without bleach.

If someone could figure out a way, every bottle blonde on the face of this planet would be indebted to them. ): Sadly, there isn't a way that I know of--even if someone comes up with an option, it'll at least involve peroxide.

I wish there were. If I could get my hair blonde without damage I could color it any unnatural color I wanted.

what she said.

I have tried everything out there and finally am ready to accept my natural color. however, it is still light enough that it could be considered almost blonde in some lights when freshly washed, and I console myself with that. :D

xoxophelia
May 5th, 2010, 11:14 AM
If you put lemon in your hair and sit out in the sun for like 15-20 minutes every day (and I mean the heat of the day) your hair will get lighter.

spidermom
May 5th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I see blendedchaitea beat me to it because I only have one word for you: wig.