PDA

View Full Version : Depressed about hair + boredom = A 'new' style

LittleOrca
May 3rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
So it's not a brand new style, as I am sure you can look at it and go "Hey! That looks like <insert name>'s style with just this moved around!" Oh course it does, nothing is ever 100% new! ;) But I was bored and mad at my hair after measuring it and wanted it up but looking nice and this is what I did. I shoved in a bellydance-looking hair toy since I am going to dance class in a little while.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Updos/IMG_3293.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Updos/IMG_3290.jpg

spidermom
May 3rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
Is that comfortable for you? Styles that rest against the nape of my neck bother me, which is too bad, because what you have is really pretty.

LittleOrca
May 3rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
Is that comfortable for you? Styles that rest against the nape of my neck bother me, which is too bad, because what you have is really pretty.

Yeah the hair doesn't bother me there, It might if I was going to have it on all day or if it was hot or various other factors, but for now it's all right. Thanks for the compliment too. :)

YoginiCelestial
May 3rd, 2010, 05:08 PM
I love braids and I really like the way you have yours fixed in the pretty hair toy. That sorta looks like a type of flexi-8!

little_acorn
May 3rd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Love it - great style Orca :D

embee
May 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
That's very pretty. My hair is too thin for that, it wouldn't have any body nor would it hang right. Nice toy too. :)

RenaBanana
May 3rd, 2010, 05:53 PM
Ooh, I really like your hair toy!

Underlig
May 3rd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Hey, you know what that looks like!?

Pure awesomeness. 8)

rossjen
May 3rd, 2010, 06:08 PM
I love it, and the hairtoy is awesome too. Enjoy your class!

marikamt
May 3rd, 2010, 06:14 PM
Very pretty... and I love the hair toy........

cmnt831
May 3rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
That is beautiful! I wish my braid were as thick as yours. The hair toy is perfect for that 'do. :)

Fairlight63
May 3rd, 2010, 06:34 PM
Oh, I love that hairstyle! you have such beautiful hair!

Carolyn
May 3rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Very pretty! I think nape styles are so flattering.

Peter
May 3rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
I think it looks cool!

PrincessTieflin
May 3rd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Looks very pretty I wish I could wear my hair at the nape like that... (gives me a headache)

That toy is beautiful :D

kwaniesiam
May 3rd, 2010, 07:03 PM
Very pretty! My hair was never thick enough for nape styles like that. Major envy :D

PrincessTieflin
May 3rd, 2010, 07:04 PM
Looks very pretty I wish I could wear my hair at the nape like that... (gives me a headache)

That toy is beautiful :D

LisaB234
May 3rd, 2010, 07:55 PM
So pretty! Your hair looks so shiny and happy. Now how did you get those twists going back to the braid? I love braided styles but am just learning to make them look good when I do them on myself. Also, how did the style hold for dancing? I find the sides of my braids fall out with activity - wondering if your twists helped?

Yozhik
May 3rd, 2010, 08:03 PM
It's a great updo :)

Love the hairtoy, too!

Question -- did you flip the hair (like a Gibson, except all the way through) and then braid? If so, was it in a ponytail with a holder first? Or did you do a loose braid and then tuck it through?

It's gorgeous, anyhow :flower:

Lamb
May 3rd, 2010, 08:11 PM
I think it looks lovely and romantic, and the hairtoy compliments it nicely. :agree:

Meagan
May 3rd, 2010, 08:23 PM
The clip is pretty.

Tressie
May 3rd, 2010, 08:34 PM
That looks really pretty! (o:

little_cherry
May 3rd, 2010, 08:39 PM
Fantastic style! :) I'm loving the hair toy! :)

LittleOrca
May 3rd, 2010, 10:40 PM
Question -- did you flip the hair (like a Gibson, except all the way through) and then braid? If so, was it in a ponytail with a holder first? Or did you do a loose braid and then tuck it through?

I flipped my pony tail, then braided, then re-threaded the braid back through the same flip a few times and alternated sides until there were nothing left to weave. Then I used a hair screw and two bobby pins to hold it in place before I put the clip on.

Also, how did the style hold for dancing? I find the sides of my braids fall out with activity - wondering if your twists helped?

It held pretty well until we started working with veils, then the toy and the braid loop kept catching it, so I just let it down and left it as a braid until the end of class.

vanity_acefake
May 4th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Ooh. So pretty.

janeytilllie
May 4th, 2010, 02:08 AM
That is ever so pretty. It's really a beautiful style :) I love the hairtoy :inlove:

Night_Kitten
May 4th, 2010, 02:48 AM
That's very pretty!
I've seen something similar held with a claw clip on a girl at my Uni, but with a flexi-8 it looks so much better :)

Anisaa
May 4th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I am in LOVE with your hair toy it is beautiful!! Where did you get it?

ButterCream
May 5th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Boootifull LittleOrca!:applause

I see I neeeeeeeeeeed to start get myself som `purdy hairtoys also! I only have *insert snooze here* type of thingys!

What I reeeeally wish for is those flexi things!

LittleOrca
May 6th, 2010, 05:27 PM
I am in LOVE with your hair toy it is beautiful!! Where did you get it?

These can be found all over. They look like a Flexi-8, but they have been around a lot longer I believe and are not made by that company. They get sold under different names, and the two latest ones I got were under the label "Flare for her Hair." However, there is no label or mark on them to say "I was made by...." or "I was made in..."

Therefore I think they get picked up by different companies and given different names or logos before they are sold. These are the three that I currently have (Purple, Green, Turquoise) and the two with the black sticks are the newest ones:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20Toys/IMG_0730.jpg

I have seen them also come in red and white. I found mine at the coast in different stores, one of them being the Tillamook Cheese Factory gift store (Go cheese! :cheese:), but I have seen them at several markets, the biggest one around here being the Portland Saturday Market, where they are sold in the same area as the bohemian style of clothing and accessories. Doing a web search for "Bohemian Hair Accessories" however did not turn these up. They may also be found in stores like "Gifts from Afar" which is an import store with items from different places around the world. They are crafty little buggars that like to hide from LHCers it appears, lol. :)

shadowclaw
May 6th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Beautiful style, and I love the hair toy! The color is fantastic! I have a similar toy that doesn't have as much dangling that's just black and silver. I've had it for years and never actually used it for anything... one of these days I will.

EtherealOde
May 7th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I looooooooove that toy, and it looks great with that style. Your hair is just looking more amazing with time.

Loreley
May 7th, 2010, 06:19 AM
What a lovely style, LittleOrca! :smile:

Tapioca
May 7th, 2010, 06:48 AM
I've always loved your hair color, and the toy is awesome!