PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this waist?

janeytilllie
May 3rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
Hello everyone :waving:

My hair is starting to tug when I sit back on my chair. It also catching everything when loose. I have taken a picture tonight :)

Can I call this waist? :pray:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2296&pictureid=71027

Thank you everyone :flowers:

Crazy Diamond
May 3rd, 2010, 02:57 PM
I'd say your hair is somewhere between BSL and Midback

PrincessTieflin
May 3rd, 2010, 03:21 PM
Judging by where your hands are it looks like waist to me :)

And it looks so shiney :)

Hana
May 3rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
i'd say another inch, but you're so close, it probably doesnt matter!

FrannyG
May 3rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
You're definitely within an inch or so! It looks wonderful, too. :blossom:

chopandchange
May 3rd, 2010, 03:31 PM
It looks like BSL to me, but you are the one who knows when it comes to your own body! ;)

Carolyn
May 3rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
No, I would say you have maybe 2" or slightly more to go. It looks like you are leaning back slightly in the picture and it appears the person taking the picture is taller than you. Your waist is the smallest part of your torso where your thumbs are. See if you can reach around and grab the tips of your hair and then locate that point on your back. Touch that and touch your waist with different fingers on the same hand. I know that sounds complicated and I may not be explaining what I do in the clearest way.

little_acorn
May 3rd, 2010, 03:39 PM
I'd say about an inch to go and you'll be bang on the money :)

Meagan
May 3rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
No, couple more inches.

spidermom
May 3rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
Very close. Try cinching a belt around your bare waist, see if your ends touch it. If so - wahoo! You're there.

Capybara
May 3rd, 2010, 03:51 PM
I always find it difficult to tell from pictures, but I think you're either just brushing waist or a smidgen (between 1 and 2 inches) above. Great progress! :cheese:

marikamt
May 3rd, 2010, 04:03 PM
you are right where I am.... definitely past BSL, but just a smidge short of waist.... mine can 'be waist' depending on how I hold my head, but I think I really have about another inch to go.... it is the most frustrating length EVER because it is so close......

ETA- my siggy pic is a few months old, I think Jan or Feb, so I am a an inch or so longer now......

janeytilllie
May 3rd, 2010, 04:09 PM
I've done the belt test and I'm nearly touching it wavy but touch it pulled straight. I say I have 1 inch to 1.5 inch to go until I have waist wavy.

So I think I'm at mid back length?:confused:

Thank you all for your opinions and comments :flowers:

Carolyn
May 3rd, 2010, 06:10 PM
I've done the belt test and I'm nearly touching it wavy but touch it pulled straight. I say I have 1 inch to 1.5 inch to go until I have waist wavy.

So I think I'm at mid back length?:confused:

Thank you all for your opinions and comments :flowers:Mid back would be half the distance between your waist and the top of your shoulders. BSL can fall above, below or right at MBL. I think you are well past MBL.

swanns
May 3rd, 2010, 06:13 PM
Waist or not, it's still beautiful! :flower:

kelly-j
May 4th, 2010, 01:42 AM
I think you are close to waist but not just there, maybe an inch or two and you´re there.

janeytilllie
May 4th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Waist or not, it's still beautiful! :flower:

Thank you! :flowers:

Multiruus
May 4th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Oh mine is in same lenght and its bugging me very bad! :D
Also I have very looong back so it takes even longer before I can call it waist :(
Thas is actaully one of my reasons to grow long hair: It hides my back a bit! :D

freckles
May 4th, 2010, 02:30 AM
I agree, I think you need a smidgen more length to be at waist (like me!). You have absoloutely gorgeous hair. :blossom:

Aditi
May 4th, 2010, 03:43 AM
You are very close to waist, won't take take long to reach there :)
BTW gorgeous waves :thumbsup:

Loreley
May 4th, 2010, 03:56 AM
I think you are close to waist length! :)