PDA

View Full Version : Summer hair question

MakeLoveNotWar
May 3rd, 2010, 01:56 PM
This summer I'll be commuting into the city for work everyday and I'll be taking the train in around 730, so let's just say I do not want to be messing with my hair that early in the morning :p I would love to just put it up in a no-fuss bun everyday so I don't have to deal with it. Can I oil it in the morning and put it up or would that be too much to have in my hair 5 days a week? My ends are pretty damaged from a bad salon experience and I think that oiling would really help, but is that too much oil? I am definitely a newbie about oiling so any help would be great :confused: Thanks!

chrissy-b
May 3rd, 2010, 02:02 PM
I put oil in my hair almost everyday, and when it was really bad I did it everyday. When it's really dry I like to mist it, add a little coconut oil and put it up. It really helps with my dry ends.

FrannyG
May 3rd, 2010, 02:18 PM
I lightly coat my hair from the ears down with a total of about 3-6 drops of jojoba oil every day. I find it only helpful.

Sunny_side_up
May 3rd, 2010, 03:11 PM
I rub a bit of coconut oil through the ends after a wash the night before. In the morning sometimes a spritz of coconut shine spray then off out to catch the train after 7am. I keep my hair up in a claw clip or doubled pony during the whole day. Traveling through central London on the bus must say i see a range of awesome long hairs somedays!

Capybara
May 3rd, 2010, 03:23 PM
I oil my hair every day, with heavy oilings the day before a wash.

I'd suggest that you try oiling daily as you would like, and see if it works for you. You may like oiling every day, or you may find that you don't have to do it that often. The only way to know is to experiment :)

Carolyn
May 3rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Your plan will probably work just fine. A lot of us lightly oil quite often or ever day. Buns are very protective for long hair. Daily oiling won't hurt anything. You might vary your bun styles and where they are placed on the back of your head. That way you won't be wrapping the same bun in the same place each day and causing any damage. You know, like having a ponytail in the same place day after day.