PDA

View Full Version : I had the best waves yesterday that I have ever had in my life

Pear Martini
May 3rd, 2010, 12:33 PM
...and I don't even like waves on myself! I went to the beach yesterday with my hair in pigtail braids, slathered in coconut oil. After I had gotten all of my hair wet, I figured I might as well let it down and I got my hair wet again when it was down. My hair dried later and I was expecting to be a giant frizz ball but I had the most perfect beach, mermaid waves ever. I wonder if I should bottle salt water and use it again on myself? I wonder if my hair needs to be saturated in it.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? How else can I create mermaid waves?

spidermom
May 3rd, 2010, 12:38 PM
A formerly active member tried salt water spray to re-create natural beach waves and dried her hair out badly. I know there are salt water sprays available to buy; perhaps they include better conditioners. I've never tried one. Let us know if you do.

I never had such good hair days as when I went swimming in the river every day during warm weather (and even a few not-so-warm days, like in January). Sigh......... unfortunately, we don't live there anymore.

naereid
May 3rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
I know what you're talking about! Mother Sea creates the most beautiful curls ever! :inlove:
There must be some kind of magic involved, since as far as I know the only way to get perfect beach waves is to, well, go to the beach.

Pear Martini
May 3rd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Oh well! I guess that is just one more reason to go to the beach :D

JenniferNoel
May 3rd, 2010, 01:20 PM
I better get out to the beach! The weather is right, it's sunny... looking forward to those beach waves! :D