PDA

View Full Version : Waist to hip thread

restourceful
May 3rd, 2010, 11:00 AM
Is there a waist to hip thread? I searched and can't find it. Since I reached waist this weekend, :joy: I'm ready to move to the next thread level. There is one for waist to TBL, but I'm not sure I'll want to grow to TBL. I'm not sure I won't either, but I need to take my goals in small chunks so I don't get discouraged. Anyone want to join me?

Side note: I will be maintaining at waist with micro trims until my hemline thickens, then on to hip, so it might take me a while. :cheese:

Mods, if there is already a waist to hip thread, would you mind moving me there, please?

Cleopatra18
May 3rd, 2010, 12:33 PM
oh I am with you there !:D although last time i did a length check i think i needed about 2 inches till hip,But i will probably stay there for a while because i KNOW there will be alot of see through ends when i straighten my hair and i'll need alot of trims :( thanks for starting this thread,my goal for this year was tailbone but i think i will need to work on my ends for longer than i thought.By the way,what kind of protective styling you do? Buns are not working great for me at the moment or pretty much anything else :( and my ends are NOT helping at all =/ i need a really low maintenance style that will protect my thin ends from further breakage,any suggestions?

restourceful
May 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
I wish I had some suggestions for you, Cleopatra, but I'm a bunner. You might want to start a new thread with this question as I don't think I have ever seen anyone ask this question before. It's a great question and I'm sure you aren't alone in the no-bun category.

MsBubbles
May 3rd, 2010, 01:21 PM
I'd really like there to be a waist to hip thread too, because hip is where I'd like to stop. I hope we can keep it! I hope to be at waist in a few months, with decent ends. When I graduate, I'd like to come here!

melikai
May 3rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
There's a waist to tailbone thread, since hip isn't that far from waist:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5483

Congrats on reaching waist! :cheese:

MsBubbles
May 3rd, 2010, 01:39 PM
I kinda felt like I didn't want to go to tailbone though. My hips are such a weird shape, it's like I have a wire coat-hanger in my jeans. Hip on me is only a few inches below waist. But my bum is really big and long and I just don't want to go to tailbone LOL!

restourceful
May 3rd, 2010, 07:36 PM
Ms Bubbles, I'm the same shape you are! Never heard it put quite that way, but that's a good description of my lower half. I think I'll hang out at hip with you. :hifive:

melikai
May 9th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I kinda felt like I didn't want to go to tailbone though. My hips are such a weird shape, it's like I have a wire coat-hanger in my jeans. Hip on me is only a few inches below waist. But my bum is really big and long and I just don't want to go to tailbone LOL!

I don't think you have to grow to tailbone to join the thread - it's just for people growing anywhere from between waist and tailbone. :)

Although watch out - you may get corrupted! ;) I joined it wanting to only grow to hip, and now am growing to tailbone! :o

Arctic_Mama
May 9th, 2010, 11:10 PM
I agree that the other thread would be just fine for you - you're stopping somewhere between the started and ending delineations, so you're part of our crowd. Good luck with your growing!

Arniky
May 11th, 2010, 10:12 AM
just a bit of time and patience- a good hemline and maybe hip length

Alexannee10
May 11th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I check in! I've reached waist since a few month, and I can't wait to reach hip! :)