PDA

View Full Version : I tortured my hair

SlightlySoprano
May 3rd, 2010, 07:07 AM
...all of this past week and I'm very depressed about how it feels now.

Opera tech week = wash with SLS shampoo every day (I did conditioner quite a bit after the shampoo) then hairspray it to death = oily scalp and HORRIBLE dry straw feeling ends

Any suggestions to nurse it back to health or will I just have to readjust to my 3 washes a week very slowly?:confused:

Hana
May 3rd, 2010, 07:25 AM
i'd say do a clarifying wash to get rid of the hairspray, then lots of deep treatments, oiling, and babying it! if it were me, i'd keep it in up-dos as well.

its amazing what just a week can do!

hope your hair feels happier soon! *hugs*

Lark
May 3rd, 2010, 07:52 AM
Whenever my hair has been "tortured" I use an eggs and mayo soak. Yes its very messy but deffinatly worth the effort. Apply the eggs and mayo, wrap a plastic bag around your hair and let it do its work for about 3 hours then wash out. Good luck!

sweet*things
May 3rd, 2010, 07:53 AM
Sounds like time for a clarifying wash and a SMT. :)

pinkbunny
May 3rd, 2010, 07:54 AM
I agree with Hana - clarify the hairspray out, then baby it. Moisturize the ends with oils or conditioners, letting it soak as long as you can. I like to heavily oil my length and ends then put it up in a bun for a day - it's so soft when I take it down and wash it out!

SlightlySoprano
May 3rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
could I put a lot of olive oil in it and braid it over night? Would that help you think?

FrannyG
May 3rd, 2010, 09:23 AM
I'm another who says clarify and SMT or other deep moisturizing treatment. Your hair will get back to normal. :)

exchequette
May 3rd, 2010, 10:15 AM
That was me two weeks ago! Except it was tech week for a musical, not an opera (though I think I'd MUCH rather be in an opera!!)

However, I have short hair now that I'm trying to grow long... I wish I didn't have to treat it so badly, but at this point there are just 2 weekends of shows left... whew, my hair will be glad when this show is over!

cmnt831
May 3rd, 2010, 10:24 AM
could I put a lot of olive oil in it and braid it over night? Would that help you think?

I don't think it would hurt in any case. I did something similar for dh's hair when his was dry like straw and it was really soft the next day. Really greasy, but really soft.

Animae
May 3rd, 2010, 11:21 AM
I coconut oil and do deep conditioner masks when I torture my hair.

I also put the conditioner on my dry hair like a pre-treatment and let it sit in a bun for a few hours, then wash out. My hair is really silky after that.

Bethie
May 3rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
I also agree with the clarify and deep moisturizing treatment, SMT, caramel or what ever your fav is.

Hana
May 3rd, 2010, 01:18 PM

i do that with my hair every couple of weeks, i love how silky it feels in the morning. i say, do it. :D

Meagan
May 3rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
Hot oil treatments

SlightlySoprano
May 3rd, 2010, 03:38 PM
i'd say do a clarifying wash to get rid of the hairspray, then lots of deep treatments, oiling, and babying it! if it were me, i'd keep it in up-dos as well.

its amazing what just a week can do!

hope your hair feels happier soon! *hugs*

Thanks *hugs!* and thanks for replying on LJ too :D

Hana
May 3rd, 2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks *hugs!* and thanks for replying on LJ too :D

Haha, you're welcome! :cheese: