PDA

View Full Version : Daily quick updo suggestions needed

Yedda
May 2nd, 2010, 08:51 PM
I've been wearing a ponytail on most days, and I am getting breakage because of it.

For a while my hair was too short to do anything with, but now it's past shoulder length so I should be able to try a couple new things.

Any suggestions of what I could do with my hair as a daily style, that would take 5-10 minutes once I learned how to do it? My current length is my signature picture.

Thank you.

manderly
May 2nd, 2010, 08:59 PM
Peacock twists, gibson tucks, and sock buns were my favorite at that length.

I also love to wear a side braid once it's long enough to be able to rest in front of your shoulder :)

Yedda
May 2nd, 2010, 09:04 PM
Peacock twists, gibson tucks, and sock buns were my favorite at that length.

I also love to wear a side braid once it's long enough to be able to rest in front of your shoulder :)

Thanks Manderly:D I'm going to have to look up the gibson tuck, I can't quite remember what that is. Sounds like I could use my ficcares with these suggestions too.:)

countryhopper
May 2nd, 2010, 09:06 PM
I also have APL, and I do peacock twists (super fast and pretty), french twists, sock buns, cheater's split buns, lace braids, french braids, dutch braids, summer flower buns... the list goes on and on!

Check out older threads and also hairstyling tips and instructions in the article section of the site. Many can be done or modified for your length.

Amraann
May 2nd, 2010, 09:06 PM
What type of band are you using to put it up?
That may be what is causing your breakage.

Yedda
May 2nd, 2010, 09:12 PM
I also have APL, and I do peacock twists (super fast and pretty), french twists, sock buns, cheater's split buns, lace braids, french braids, dutch braids, summer flower buns... the list goes on and on!

Check out older threads and also hairstyling tips and instructions in the article section of the site. Many can be done or modified for your length.

Thanks for the additional ideas:D I've been looking through threads and articles. I am short for time on most days, and I know if I try a few styles and my hair ends up being too short, thin, etc., I will become quite frustrated. So I decided to post to get some expert opinions from you guys based on my current hair state.

I am using a non-metal hair friendly band. It's the best hair tie I've ever used, but because my hair is fragile and I wear it in the exact same place in most days, I am experiencing breakage. I've tried to wear it lower on some days but it just won't stay in place.

Kirsty
May 2nd, 2010, 09:12 PM

Yep! That's really true. The worst thing for your hair are those little metal clips that hold the bands together. You should look with ones held together by glue, instead. But, the hair accessory that causes the least breakage is one of those 'scrunchie' things, that are fluffier.

I know you asked for hairdo styles, but I just thought I'd point that out in case you still do want to put your hair in a ponytail every now and then. :)

(I'm a big fan of ponytails, I'm always in a rush in the mornings!)

Kirsty
May 2nd, 2010, 09:13 PM
:D Oh woops, I just saw your last post. Nevermind

Yedda
May 2nd, 2010, 09:15 PM
Yep! That's really true. The worst thing for your hair are those little metal clips that hold the bands together. You should look with ones held together by glue, instead. But, the hair accessory that causes the least breakage is one of those 'scrunchie' things, that are fluffier.

I know you asked for hairdo styles, but I just thought I'd point that out in case you still do want to put your hair in a ponytail every now and then. :)

(I'm a big fan of ponytails, I'm always in a rush in the mornings!)

Thanks Kirsty, I just replied above regarding my ponytail type.:) I don't use scrunchies, but I do use a no-damage elastice. I'm sure I'll still use a ponytail sometimes, but I would like a couple alternate easy styles to do so I can vary from day to day a little bit. Thanks for the advice.

Yedda
May 2nd, 2010, 09:17 PM
:D Oh woops, I just saw your last post. Nevermind

LOL, looks like we are both prompt responders.:)

Henrietta
May 3rd, 2010, 04:44 AM
Try Edwardian updo. It's my new favorite hairstyle. It's in our alhabetical list of updos. Or I will post a link here, it'll be easier;)

http://intimelyfashion.com/hair/edward1.html

I am at BSL now, and instead of rolling the ends somehow I just make a cinnabun with bobby pins.

saskia_madding
May 3rd, 2010, 08:09 AM
How are your braiding skills? :D I think double braids or fun with lace braids would look great. I've got a bunch of ideas that would work with shorter hair than mine in my album.