PDA

View Full Version : Crap I Can French Braid! I Love You Guys!

Pallas
May 2nd, 2010, 04:16 PM
:joy:
*pants*

Okay. So today, after years and years of trying, I made my first succesful French braid (on myself). :happydance:

All thanks to the sweet sweet SWEET yellowchariot and Torrin Paige's tutorials!
I always knew how it worked, but for some reason my fingers just didn't cooperate. Apparently a mixture of both you guys' tutorials was the only thing right for my brain capacity :lol:

I'm so happy with this, it's just unnatural. It's scary, really. But I was obsessed with having a French braid as a kid since I saw the Tomb raider movie, in which my heroine Lara Croft (Angeline Jolie) sports a nice long one. So since 2001 I've tried and tried and I CAN FINALLY DO IT.

yellowchariot, Torrin Paige, I could kiss you both right now HAHA :smooch:

And just for the heck of it, here's dancing cheese: :cheese:

breezefaerie
May 2nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Yay! I just figured it out myself this week and share your joy!

Pallas
May 2nd, 2010, 04:20 PM
Yaaaay breezefaerie! Congrats to you too :lol:
:hifive:

ImperfectBrat
May 2nd, 2010, 04:24 PM
Grats !!

I've managed to do it once and could never do it again lol. I keep trying though!

Arctic_Mama
May 2nd, 2010, 04:28 PM
It's a gratifying feeling, isn't it? Nothing makes me feel craftier and more talented than mastering a new hairstyle :)

Pallas
May 2nd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Ah, Arctic Mama, it feels like there's a whole new world out there HAHA

I'm being sooo dramatic about it, but I felt like if I couldn't french braid, which was the first 'special' style I've ever wanted to learn, I couldn't do any of the other cool styles. Maybe I could, but it felt like skipping a level in a video game :lol:

*ping* level up!

Tornerose
May 2nd, 2010, 07:12 PM
Yay! Congratulations.

I have yet to learn it. Even after watching tutorials.....
Any cheats for this video-game level? ;)

Torrin Paige
May 2nd, 2010, 07:29 PM
Do not be embarrassed about being overjoyed at learning to French braid. I, myself, danced around my house shaking my butt at my hubby and pointing at my head when I finally accomplished it. It is an accomplishment! I tried unsuccessfully for years upon years without ever getting it right. Then one afternoon I watched a tutorial by my lovely friend Isabelle and voila! Everything clicked and I was French braiding. Awesomeness!

So congratulations! There is an entire world of hairstyles open to you now, just wait and see! Woot! :cheer:

RenaBanana
May 2nd, 2010, 07:34 PM
Yayyyy! Torrin Paige's video was what did it for me too. Thank you so much Torrin Paige!

yellowchariot
May 2nd, 2010, 11:42 PM
:joy:
*pants*

Okay. So today, after years and years of trying, I made my first succesful French braid (on myself). :happydance:

All thanks to the sweet sweet SWEET yellowchariot and Torrin Paige's tutorials!
I always knew how it worked, but for some reason my fingers just didn't cooperate. Apparently a mixture of both you guys' tutorials was the only thing right for my brain capacity :lol:

I'm so happy with this, it's just unnatural. It's scary, really. But I was obsessed with having a French braid as a kid since I saw the Tomb raider movie, in which my heroine Lara Croft (Angeline Jolie) sports a nice long one. So since 2001 I've tried and tried and I CAN FINALLY DO IT.

yellowchariot, Torrin Paige, I could kiss you both right now HAHA :smooch:

And just for the heck of it, here's dancing cheese: :cheese:

I'm really glad that somebody could learn something different and useful from my video! There are tons of online help, but They never key in the right bit of info when you need it at a certain part of the style!

I remember watching Tomb Raider at the movies back in 2000! I was a big fan of lara croft! So naturally Angelina jolie+lara croft+french braid= drop dead grogeous! ;) hehe (Sue me, I'm a guy! :p)

I have a lot of members here to thank, and on youtube, for my accomplished goals.

Do not be embarrassed about being overjoyed at learning to French braid. I, myself, danced around my house shaking my butt at my hubby and pointing at my head when I finally accomplished it. It is an accomplishment! I tried unsuccessfully for years upon years without ever getting it right. Then one afternoon I watched a tutorial by my lovely friend Isabelle and voila! Everything clicked and I was French braiding. Awesomeness!

So congratulations! There is an entire world of hairstyles open to you now, just wait and see! Woot! :cheer:

^ BTW Torrn's vids have helped me out a lot! And the rest of my "favorites lists" very wonderful people to learn from!

Loreley
May 2nd, 2010, 11:47 PM
Congrats! :joy:
I did my first one a few weeks ago, too. :)

kelly-j
May 3rd, 2010, 03:22 AM
That´s great! I´m really impressed since I am hopeless on doing french braid. I can only do dutch braids.

linda g
May 3rd, 2010, 03:54 AM
Ah, Arctic Mama, it feels like there's a whole new world out there HAHA

I'm being sooo dramatic about it, but I felt like if I couldn't french braid, which was the first 'special' style I've ever wanted to learn, I couldn't do any of the other cool styles. Maybe I could, but it felt like skipping a level in a video game :lol:

*ping* level up!

hahaha, love it!