PDA

View Full Version : J Lo's beehive!

dropinthebucket
May 2nd, 2010, 01:46 PM
http://ca.lifestyle.yahoo.com/fashion-beauty/articles/archive/yahoolifestyle/yahoolifestyle-jennifer_lopez_reveals_wild_new_hairstyle

Just saw J Lo's beehive - so fun! Not quite like I remember them ... what do you think? definitely retro, or just wannabe retro?

nostalgia alert:
My grandmother's beehives were always formed from definite sections of hair, criss-crossed, so it looked like wide lattice sections. She was 4ft tall, and her beehive was 2 ft! (her hair went down to the floor) - people used to say her hair was taller than her :D - so fun to see a celebrity with any kind of beehive, though. :) Think this would catch on for Hairstyle of the Month? :p

missmandy
May 2nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
That's awesome. And your grandmother's sounds amazing!!! By any chance, do you have any photos?

Chamomile betty
May 2nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
I saw the picture and I love how she brings back retro hair. However, my thoughts were on how her hair is going to be combed out and how damaging. Hopefully, it's a wig.

girloctopus
May 2nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
If I felt like I could pull this off without feeling absolutely ridiculous, I totally would. I love it. I would find a tease-free way to do it though. Maybe a sock bun base?

Ivy~Rose
May 2nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
Cool! We should definitely have a Beehive day, if not a whole month. I have to say I prefer Amy Winehouse's beehive (http://idp05.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/amy.jpg) better (that is, before any substances come in contact with her/it) but it's super cool! I have a few sock bun socks/mesh things that I could probably rig into a beehive ratt. I want to try this now! XD

marikamt
May 2nd, 2010, 06:47 PM
I saw the picture and I love how she brings back retro hair. However, my thoughts were on how her hair is going to be combed out and how damaging. Hopefully, it's a wig.

If I felt like I could pull this off without feeling absolutely ridiculous, I totally would. I love it. I would find a tease-free way to do it though. Maybe a sock bun base?

Both of these is what I was thinking... would LVOE to do it, worry about the damage to my hair......

I love the idea of using a giant sock bun........

Gumball
May 2nd, 2010, 06:49 PM
My hair, and my comb, would look at me with contempt! Hehe. I think it looks alright, although I think I'd prefer a slightly more polished look. Even so, score one for retro, albeit runway inspired, styles!

spidermom
May 2nd, 2010, 07:08 PM
Oh no; I totally hate that look. (P.S. - a girlfriend and I used to tease out hair up on top, then do a french twist in the back when we were in about 6th grade. That was pretty awful, too.)

mattt
May 2nd, 2010, 07:12 PM
Dont think I have seen anybody in person wear that, and i certainly wouldn't but it is definitely retro and unique