PDA

View Full Version : Trim, and pictures.

KajiKodomo
May 7th, 2008, 11:11 AM
So, the night before last I braided my hair all the way to the ends instead of stopping where I usually do. I noticed that there was a very blunt taper at the end of them, instead of a gradual one.

I suppose it has to do with growing out from the buzzcut without any trims or evening up since then.

I decided (yes, I didn't follow the 2-week rule, but I'd been thinking about a trim for a while now) to cut off the tapered bits. It ended up being a bit more than I had planned, but overall I'm happy.

My hair now has a u-shaped hemline instead of a v-shaped hemline (which, while I appreciate v-shapes on others, it's not for me) and much thicker ends.

I ended up cutting 3 inches off, which I know should be back by August, as long as the summer growth rate continues as it has in the past.

It feels so short! :p

And, yeah, picture!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/user240_pic11502_1210179739.jpg

I've realized that my hair is much wavier than I thought it was before (as I used to brush it multiple times a day, straightening out the wave). I now fingercomb exclusively and my hair looks much better for it! :D

GlennaGirl
May 7th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Wow. That looks beautiful. Nice job. It's so even.

KajiKodomo
May 7th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Thank you! It's hard to show evenness with my ends waving in different directions, but I'm glad it looks even! Ha!

Thanks again!

camillacamilla
May 7th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I like the u-shape on me better than a v-shape too. I think your hair looks nicer post trim. It will grow back in no time too.

KajiKodomo
May 7th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Thank you camillacamilla! :D

spidermom
May 7th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Congratulations on a successful trim. I always appreciate seeing pictures when members here make changes.

KajiKodomo
May 7th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Thank you spidermom! I know that I love seeing pictures when a member does something (trims, experiments, etc.), so I make sure to post pictures when I can!

jojo
May 7th, 2008, 12:18 PM
good job it looks very even, those 3" will be back before you know it!

KajiKodomo
May 7th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks jojo! :D

maskedrose
May 7th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Looks great! I think it looks quite a bit thicker post-trim as well, and the length will definitely be back before you know it :)

KajiKodomo
May 7th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks maskedrose! :)

jessie58
May 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Nice job, did you trim yourself? I know darn well that your hair grows fast, it won't be long before it's long, lol.

alligatorbaby23
May 7th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Great job on the trim, I did one a while back as well, can tell the difference quality over quantity!.. Ah, I am almost a virgin again! (well a girl can imagine!)
Your hair looks great, especially in your color! Very stunning.
-mao

swanns
May 7th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Looks so even now, great trim :blossom:
And you'll get used to the slightly shorter lenght in no time! And of course it'll grow back before you know it!

KajiKodomo
May 8th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks swanns, alligatorbaby23, and jessie58!

Yes, I did it myself using Feye's (I think it's Feye's) trimming method. I don't trust anyone to cut my hair but me, as I've had a LOT of bad salon experiences.

DavidN
May 8th, 2008, 03:05 PM
You did an excellent job on that trim, KajiKodomo, amd your ends look wonderful! I have thought about trying the Feye's self trim method myself, if I can get the courage to try it.

MakeItADouble
May 9th, 2008, 02:13 PM
It looks very nice - straight cut!

KajiKodomo
May 9th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks David and MakeItADouble!

I remember the first time I tried Feye's method. I was worried that it wouldn't turn out right. But, it's very easy, and works like a charm! That trim took probably about 2 minutes tops! :D

Islandgrrl
May 9th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I really like that u-shaped hemline much better! It looks fabulous (and the color - OMG, so rich!).

Xanthippe
May 9th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Three inches! Wow. I remember the first and only time I did self trimming, I was so nervous I only took off about a quarter of an inch :lol: Looks good to me!

saman
May 10th, 2008, 10:54 AM
great job.It looks so even and nice u shape.

Nynaeve
May 10th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Looks great! The ends are nice and thick, which looks good on you. I think I agree that a U shaped instead of Vshaped looks better on you. Nice and straight and thick. I like it. :)

squiggyflop
May 10th, 2008, 01:13 PM
very nice trim.. it looks very even now..:)

Rennie
May 10th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Nice U shape!! :magic:

Angellen
May 10th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Oh, your waves are lovely! They really are coming out in full force now. ;)

You're right, this does look much better, I think. The V was a little too sharp, in my opinion.

harley mama
May 10th, 2008, 03:31 PM
KajiKodomo, the trim did make your ends look thicker.
You will have the length back before you know it and enjoy your thick, split free ends!

psvzum
May 10th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Your hair looks lovely : ) I like the post trim-you did a great job!

tiny_teesha
May 10th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I really like your hair cut! :) Very good job

Emme76
May 11th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Your hair looks very healthy and shiny!
I think a trim did it well :)..looks very nice....
Love the black color.
/Emme