PDA

View Full Version : Other ways then sticks to hold a figure 8?

PrincessTieflin
May 1st, 2010, 01:46 PM
I found out this morning I can do a figure 8 what a shocker:cheese:\

Its still kinda thin and I can only do it upside down lol..

BUT I dont like the look of a stick holding it I feel like I have a horn..

Please keep in mind Im still working on my toy collection I dont have a fiaccare (sp) or any forks Im pretty limited to claws and sticks and some claw clips and a few big barrettes :)

what are your ways of holding them?

Deborah
May 1st, 2010, 10:25 PM
Those really tiny claw clips, simply clipped around the perimeter of the bun, actually hold quite well, and can look cute if put in neatly.

A very large U-shaped pin (sort of a fork, except it does not show) works very well. Quattro makes these, and his are fantastic. You can make a homemade one by bending a double-end pointed knitting needle (can you tell I don't knit by that description?) into a U-shape around a doorknob handle too. Other sellers make similar items as well.

A Flexi-8 works well also.

I'm sure others will have more ideas. Just thought I'd toss out a couple. :)

girloctopus
May 1st, 2010, 11:24 PM
I use claw clips, Ficcares, and Flexi-8s. Maybe a barrette would work for you as well? It's reasonably secure if I clamp down the top loop especially.

Kelli Kat
May 1st, 2010, 11:30 PM
I use barrettes, flexi-8s and slides to hold mine.

Night_Kitten
May 1st, 2010, 11:58 PM
Maybe several U-pins all around the bun will work?
It works with other buns pretty well for me, though haven't tried it with figure 8 bun yet...

Masara
May 2nd, 2010, 01:17 AM
First time I tried it, I used a hairstick. It didn't feel stable to me and I got a headache from unconsciously holding my head still.
Now I use Ficcares and they're perfect. I've also tried forks and they hold well too.
I expect that you could do it with a few U shaped (Amish) pins in strategic places, especially if you do it upside down.

PrincessTieflin
May 4th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I am definatly going to look into the "U" Pins and perhaps a fork... y'all have given me great ideas:)

I am going to keep working at it and when I get a good pic I will be sure to post it, I think there is one with bobby pins and a stick in my album somewhere if you need a grin :D