PDA

View Full Version : Noob on the Forums (& hair pic.)

voluspa
May 1st, 2010, 01:41 PM
Hello! I am somewhat of a lurker, so I decided to sign up. I am trying to grow my hair to waist-length, and have found a number of articles on here very helpful. For example, yesterday I discovered my hair needs protein, very badly! This is my hair (pre-protein treatment):

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq208/voluspo/Blog%20Hosting/b4.jpg

It looks very puffy, mostly because I had straightened it and my naturally curly/wavy hair seems to rebel afterward. Regardless, hopefully more protein treatments will get it looking and feeling how I like it again.

I don't know how my hair got this long. I always wear it up in a clip, and the last time I looked at it, it was rather short. It seems to be growing very quickly since I changed my diet, so I've decided to keep going and get to waist length.

That is all. Later!

cmnt831
May 1st, 2010, 06:42 PM
<snip>I don't know how my hair got this long. I always wear it up in a clip, and the last time I looked at it, it was rather short. It seems to be growing very quickly since I changed my diet, so I've decided to keep going and get to waist length.

That is all. Later!

Haha, this exact thing happened to me, too. :D

Welcome, hope you like it here. :)

voluspa
May 1st, 2010, 09:38 PM
Thank you for the welcome!

haha For a while the only time I took my hair down was when I washed it. I think I would be too impatient to grow it out if I didn't ignore it all the time.

chopandchange
May 2nd, 2010, 03:59 AM
Hello! Welcome! Is that you in your avatar pic? You are very pretty!

Luna12345
May 2nd, 2010, 06:57 AM
u should use olive oil for ur hair before u wash it.....I tryed it today. It works like magic.
before u straighten ur hair with a flat iron u can use an antifrizz hair serum like John Frieda FRIZZ EAZE hair serum.

voluspa
May 2nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
chopandchange, Hello! Yes, that is me. Thank you!!

Luna12345, What a coincidence, I actually just oiled my hair overnight because of this forum. haha I really like Giovanni's anti-frizz serum, but nothing seems to get rid of it entirely for me. I think I just need to get it softened up again.

pinchbeck
May 2nd, 2010, 06:46 PM
Welcome, voluspa! Try not to straighten your hair too much to avoid damaging it. Since you have fast growth you'll reach waist in no time. My hair growth is at a stall and it seems like it will take an eternity to grow the three inches needed to reach waist.