PDA

View Full Version : guys with long hair are there many of you here?

mattt
May 1st, 2010, 11:27 AM
Hi i am new here and growing my hair out for the second time. got it long before but was stupid and cut it. Just wondering how many other guys there were here, not to discriminate or anything.

breezefaerie
May 1st, 2010, 11:39 AM
There are loads and I'm sure they will be here in no time!

Welcome :)

Peter
May 1st, 2010, 12:09 PM
I think about 10% of the people here are male. You'll see us around soon enough. :)

Welcome to LHC!

DavidN
May 1st, 2010, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the LHC, Matt, and best of luck in your hair growing journey.

dropinthebucket
May 1st, 2010, 01:03 PM
Is it ok if I post here, too? My son has long hair - he is 14, it's about shoulder-length - i think that's long for him, he's the only guy in his school with hair that long. His father is ex-military and is *always* on his case about cutting it! Every time he sees him, he says "you need a haircut!" I hope he will resist the pressure and wear it how he likes. Plus, I think it makes him look like a RSIT (rock star in training! :) )

Razor
May 1st, 2010, 03:58 PM
Alriiiiiiiiighty :cheese:

TheEndlessOcean
May 1st, 2010, 11:01 PM
Long-haired guy here. Welcome :waving:

Gumball
May 1st, 2010, 11:04 PM
We're everywhere. We lurk in the LHC shadows, bastions of XY-hood.

mattt
May 2nd, 2010, 12:08 AM
awesome, hopefully i will be one of you soon

Luna12345
May 2nd, 2010, 02:25 AM
Hey I'm not a guy but i just wanna say that I think it's awsome when guys have long hair:)
keep it up;)

Alun
May 2nd, 2010, 02:34 AM
About 10% of LHC, 2-3 % of the general population (depending on what you call 'long'). LHC guys probably have longer hair on average than the average long haired guy, if that makes sense.

Heidi_234
May 2nd, 2010, 04:12 AM
About 10% of LHC, 2-3 % of the general population (depending on what you call 'long'). LHC guys probably have longer hair on average than the average long haired guy, if that makes sense.
And how awesome is that? :D Carry on the good job guys :thumbsup:

Chrissy
May 2nd, 2010, 05:36 AM
Welcome Matt. We have a decent amount of wonderful long haired guys here. Don't worry.....you are not alone! :) Enjoy being a member. Have a look around and make yourself at home.

drquartz1970
May 2nd, 2010, 07:39 AM
Hello Matt and welcome to the LHC - there's quite a number of long-haired guys here so your not alone. I think it's around 10% - Albeit a minority but a great looking minority!

Are you from Australia? And have you posted over at the LONG HAIR MENS HYPERBOARD?

Duncan

GlassEyes
May 2nd, 2010, 08:13 AM
Hola! Welcome to LHC.

I'm a card-carrying member of the long-haired male brigade--though my hair isn't really all that long yet by LHC standards.

Is it ok if I post here, too? My son has long hair - he is 14, it's about shoulder-length - i think that's long for him, he's the only guy in his school with hair that long. His father is ex-military and is *always* on his case about cutting it! Every time he sees him, he says "you need a haircut!" I hope he will resist the pressure and wear it how he likes. Plus, I think it makes him look like a RSIT (rock star in training! :) )
Maybe, uh, talk to his father about not nagging him about it?

Torrin Paige
May 2nd, 2010, 08:23 AM
Welcome, Matt. While not a long haired man myself, I am married to one. He's finally past shoulder length, and while he hasn't joined the community, he makes me go and visit all the men's albums so he can see what they're up to and how their hair is. :) So he's sort of a member by proxy. I hope you love your new home here!

EdG
May 2nd, 2010, 08:45 AM
Welcome, Matt!
Ed

Wally
May 2nd, 2010, 09:27 AM
There's a great group of men on here. And we are made to feel very welcome by the ladies I might add.

Beatnik Guy
May 2nd, 2010, 09:38 AM

Uh huh. :cool:

Twil
May 2nd, 2010, 09:43 AM
You should look at the social group League of Extraordinary (Long-Haired) Gentlemen. :)

Kristina713
May 2nd, 2010, 11:34 AM
Also not a guy. But I just wanted to chime in to say how much I like to see long hair on men. I know that men get a LOT more pressure than women to cut their hair and conform to a conservative idea of masculinity. So I know it's brave for a man to grow their hair. Seems like there were more men with hair in the eighties and nineties (and before, obviously), but now it's the same old same old haircut on at least 95% of the men I see around (at least in my city). So boring. To me, when I see a man with long hair, I know that he follows his own beat, and I really like that.

purplebubba
May 2nd, 2010, 11:56 AM
Raises hand :waving:

mattt
May 2nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
thanks for the warm welcome

pinchbeck
May 2nd, 2010, 06:34 PM
Is it ok if I post here, too? My son has long hair - he is 14, it's about shoulder-length - i think that's long for him, he's the only guy in his school with hair that long. His father is ex-military and is *always* on his case about cutting it! Every time he sees him, he says "you need a haircut!" I hope he will resist the pressure and wear it how he likes. Plus, I think it makes him look like a RSIT (rock star in training! :) )My son, too, has shoulder length hair. A couple of years ago it was midback. But due to the pressure from kids at school and other family members he cut it off. It was shame and I was sad to see it go. He complains that it is hot especially now that the warmer temperatures have arrived in Southern Ontario (is he hinting at something?). It must be hard on your son that his dad doesn't approve of his hair. Whatever happened to individuality?

fisher2
May 2nd, 2010, 10:02 PM
that makes about 12 of us so far i think by rough est (13 with me)

yellowchariot
May 2nd, 2010, 11:48 PM
Hi i am new here and growing my hair out for the second time. got it long before but was stupid and cut it. Just wondering how many other guys there were here, not to discriminate or anything.

Hey mattt, and welcome! My current goal is most likely past APL a few inches, and then see what my hair does after that.

Uh huh. :cool:

^ hehe I'm not quite long enough to be in that category yet, but I'm getting there :D

And how awesome is that? :D Carry on the good job guys :thumbsup:

^Thanks Heidi!

humble_knight
May 3rd, 2010, 01:25 PM
Allo Matt :)

I'm another one growing my hair out second time around. I shaved off my almost-there-but-not-quite-there-yet-shoulderlength hair last Friday, so now I look like an 8 ball :laugh: or Dalai Llama as some of my friends are telling me, but it's quite nice to have the same appearance as these round-faced hairless smileys :face:

I wish you much success with growing out your hair to your desired length :thumbsup:

Knight humble

Das Siechtum
May 3rd, 2010, 06:26 PM
*yawn* *crawls out of his cave* ah fresh meat! *g* hello! :-) *crawls back into cave*

Alun
May 3rd, 2010, 06:59 PM
I forgot to add that DS16 (LHC code meaning dear son, aged 16) also has long hair. Well, everyone has long hair in our house, including DW (dear wife) and DD13 (you can work that one out).

Maverick494
May 3rd, 2010, 07:08 PM
Not a guy, but I want to say hi anyway. And I want to say that I love guys with long hair. I don't see many of them in 'real life' so when I do I just have to tell them I love their hair. Most usually blush pretty bad after that, but I know I made their day and they made mine.

Happy growing! I'm a noob here as well and I've found this to be a very nice community, unlike many message boards I've visited in the past.

Arctic_Mama
May 3rd, 2010, 09:24 PM
Well, he's not here, but my husband wears his hair longer as well, usually between shoulder and APL. There's definitely more than a few longhaired men around, you just have to know where to look.

You're in good company here!

dudbarbu
May 4th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Welcome Matt
I'm another one growing my hair out. I don't want short hair anymore

dropinthebucket
May 4th, 2010, 03:05 PM
My son, too, has shoulder length hair. A couple of years ago it was midback. But due to the pressure from kids at school and other family members he cut it off. It was shame and I was sad to see it go. He complains that it is hot especially now that the warmer temperatures have arrived in Southern Ontario (is he hinting at something?). It must be hard on your son that his dad doesn't approve of his hair. Whatever happened to individuality?

I know, maybe I'm a child of the 60s, but the kids at my son's school are so into conformity! weird ... :) I have to be careful how I tread with the dad's comments, too, though, since i'm divorced. It's really hard to help your kids stand up for themselves, if it's the other parent involved (and that parent is domineering), and yet not undermine the non-custodial parent, which is equally not good for the kids - a tough, thin line to walk. Ah well - no one ever said parenting was easy! :)

Clarisse
May 5th, 2010, 01:48 AM
I know I'm not a guy - I hope I'm allowed to post here :P

My boyfriend has long hair (about waist-length). He is turning 19. My 10 year old brother has hair about TB length. My boy friend's sister's boyfriend's (hope it made sense :P) hair is about APL. And I must admit that I find my boyfriends long hair very, very attracting! It's the excact same color as my own hair, and I love braiding our hair together xD

dontknowaname
May 5th, 2010, 02:01 AM
'nother guy checking in, hey there :waving:

AD1984
May 5th, 2010, 03:28 AM
Hey Matt,

Another guy here, although not long-haired yet; emphasis on 'yet'. May your hair grow long!

-AD1984

toaster
May 5th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I guess I should be counted.

Pierre
May 5th, 2010, 07:02 AM
I'm here! Long hair and long beard.

TiaKitty
May 5th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Not a guy, but I do want to stop in and say it's lovely to see guys with long hair. I've always been a fan!!!

mattt, that color of yours is wonderful... and I'll bet it's not henna'd, either.

david
May 5th, 2010, 08:27 AM
yep...I'm here also.

Igraine
May 5th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Another "ally" here ;) a man with loose longer locks can easily be the epitome of wild attraction :o

ScooterRaton
July 20th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Scooter Raton checking in!

http://scoot.net/gallery/2010/05/sleepawaycamp/Scooter_Raton/small_IMG_0066-2.jpg

LittleOrca
July 20th, 2010, 10:08 PM
My fiancé has long hair and he is signed up on this site, but he tends to get the info through me more than log on. :)

Long_hair_guy
July 20th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I think I count has a long hair guy. Even if I said my hair was medium the other (no one agreed)

bonza16
August 6th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Me, too.

We aren't women, hear us roar!

... perhaps not so much roar as meekly say, "Me, too".

mordiana
August 6th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I'm not a guy myself, but I'm a girl with 33 inch hair, my boyfriend actually has longer hair then me. His hair is in between hip and classic, and its a nice 1b-N-ii type of nearly black hair and its 37 inch. I'll ask him if I can put up a picture of his hair. Im actually kind of jealous his is longer, but I take better care of mine so mine is a little thicker and healthier.

Drynwhyl
August 6th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Welcome Matt!
I'm not a guy, but by BF has waist-length hair, and he is a member here but he never posts as he's lazy. But there are quite a few guys over here, you're not alone :P

lillylonghair
August 6th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Welcome and good luck on growing journey! My husband used to glorious chocolate brown ringlets until the he joined the army:(

fisher2
August 6th, 2010, 11:10 AM
checking in here myself wassup man

IanB
June 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Yes, there are plenty of us around! Good decision of yours to grow again

TheLurkingToad
June 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM
You can add me to the count of guys.

gthlvrmx
June 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I'm a male! Did i post here before? Well if i did, im making myself more noticed :D Long hair forever!!

Amber_Maiden
June 13th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Not a guy, but I'm with a guy with long hair (the first thing that attracted to me to him!!:p) He almost had it cut the other day, because he's been having trouble getting a career job.... but I'm trying to get him to hold out on doing cutting it....

IanB
June 13th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Well that's a few for starters - I'm sure there must be many more

Vijikanth
June 14th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Oh..how did i miss this thread....:) This is second time hairgrowth with me and I lov it

Paladin
June 14th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I'm here, though I'm regrowing out from a buzz back on new year's so I've got a while to go before I'll be a genuine longhair again.

Already loving the comments and pressure to cut I'm starting to get from the people I work with... all part of the fun of growing it out! Little do they realize their badgering only makes my resolve stronger... *evil laugh*

whitestiletto
June 25th, 2011, 04:14 AM
^^What Paladin said.

He's going to do the opposite of what his parent tells him to do... It's the teenage way. Unless Dad actually MAKES him cut it, nagging is going to have no effect. Though in highschool a guy I knew cut his hair because his parents paid him $100 to... I thought that was extremely poor character for both parties.

You just watch silently and he'll probably keep it long. Buy him a guitar for his next birthday? Wish my parents had.

DARKMARTIAN
June 25th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Hi mattt.!

I suppose since im of the male gender as well, I'll pop in and add one more to the list :)

jennydaesy
June 25th, 2011, 04:23 AM
guys with long hair r hot

EdG
June 25th, 2011, 09:48 AM
guys with long hair r hotOn behalf of the men of LHC, I would like to say "We're not here to decorate your world!" :justy:

That's all. Please carry on. :D
Ed

Alun
June 26th, 2011, 02:23 AM
guys with long hair r hot

That's always good to hear