View Full Version : Indian herb blend

slz
April 30th, 2010, 06:35 PM

slz
April 30th, 2010, 06:56 PM

Hemesut
May 1st, 2010, 10:37 AM
Hi slz
I use but not usually, amla and lotus powder. I like them very much, but it is very complicated use them every washing. Sometimes I use dayna oil, it has a lot of ayurveda plants but it is very expensive oil. The links are very interesting, thanks

Schmoomunitions
May 1st, 2010, 01:38 PM
I have that! I love it, I put some of the powder in a hair color bottle, maybe 1 TBL then fill the rest with hot water, let it steep a few hours or longer and then use it as a shampoo/wash. You could also strain it through a coffee filter so there arent any bits left but I dont care that much. It is herbs that have cleaning,strengthening abilities.

slz
May 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM

Lisette
May 2nd, 2010, 08:08 AM
I think I may have something similar. Kesham powder. This comes in a packet of 10 sachets. Mix the powder with water to a paste and use as shampoo. It's just herbs but foames like shampoo and smells great.

Lisette

slz
August 8th, 2010, 06:08 PM

hmmm
August 13th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Where did your friend go that she couldn't get shikakai and amla? They grow on trees here...

But I'm glad the mixture worked for you. Did it smell of henna?

slz
August 13th, 2010, 09:19 AM

hmmm
August 14th, 2010, 02:03 AM
No idea where she went hmmm, I was pretty surprised too that she "couldn't find any" !! Most probably she just took what she could find first and then so be it. You know she's just an internet acquaintance, not a friend, so I won't blame her for not going out of her track for me :D .
About the smell : yes, right away when I opened it I could tell there was henna in there, it's got the typical henna smell.

Ah, that makes sense. Shikakai is really cool stuff though, it gets out the heaviest oils pretty easily.

But henna makes everything awesome :cheese: