PDA

View Full Version : Dutch (Mohawk) Braid Tutorial

yellowchariot
April 30th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Hey Everyone! I've uploaded another tutorial. I took some suggestions you all had, and used them in this video. I elevated the camcorder to you could see higher on top of my head. I hope the lighting is good enough. It looked ok when I played the video back. It is split into 2 parts, and this time I used standard definition instead of HD, because of the massive size of the files HD produces! Also I'm still having a fit with uploading them to youtube!

Let me know what you think! I hope this help some of you all who are learning how to do the dutch braid! Peace Out! Rock On! :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ11YY-3uis

Merkaba
April 30th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Very nice! I've been reading your posts and you have such a positive attitude. That's always pleasent to see. Hope you're having a good day!

yellowchariot
April 30th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Very nice! I've been reading your posts and you have such a positive attitude. That's always pleasent to see. Hope you're having a good day!

Thank you very much Merkaba! I TRY my best to have a positive attitude about everything! Even though I am a pessimist LOL (go figure?! :o)

cmnt831
April 30th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I'm going to make dh watch this one, too! :D

Lighting seemed fine to me.

clichepithet
April 30th, 2010, 11:35 AM
But I can't watch my mouth! My nose is in the way. ;) hehe, just teasing!

yellowchariot
April 30th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I'm going to make dh watch this one, too! :D

Lighting seemed fine to me.

Thanks cmnt!

But I can't watch my mouth! My nose is in the way. ;) hehe, just teasing!

LOL, clichepithet!

Mutinous
April 30th, 2010, 01:11 PM
That looks pretty cool! I shall have to give it a try when I have more even length. I have to admit, I've never heard an accent quite like yours before! Though my knowledge of American accents is pretty dire admittedly!

yellowchariot
April 30th, 2010, 02:25 PM
That looks pretty cool! I shall have to give it a try when I have more even length. I have to admit, I've never heard an accent quite like yours before! Though my knowledge of American accents is pretty dire admittedly!

^ Thanks Mutinous!

Yeah my accent is fairly rare. Very few, can speak my language, and that of my people :toofers: LOL. It is the oldest accent in the entire world (which is why most people haven't heard it before :tongue: J/K)

Ina
April 30th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I`m going to try that braid:)

yellowchariot
April 30th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I`m going to try that braid:)

Ina, In your opinion, what did you think of the instructions? I know that some of it may have sounded a bit confusing.

ukuleleclaire
May 1st, 2010, 11:40 AM
I love the video! :) Dutch braids were always one of my favorites in high school (how'd you do that weird french braid?). I think the instructions were well done, and you didn't go super fast which I think helps.

yellowchariot
May 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM
I love the video! :) Dutch braids were always one of my favorites in high school (how'd you do that weird french braid?). I think the instructions were well done, and you didn't go super fast which I think helps.

^ Thanks ukuleleclaire, I appreciate your compliment, and opinion!

chopandchange
May 1st, 2010, 02:53 PM
I love your accent! It's so nice!

yellowchariot
May 1st, 2010, 03:45 PM
I love your accent! It's so nice!

Thanks chopandchange, maybe I should also do a tutorial on how to speak "Hillbilly" :D hehe

Thinthondiel
May 1st, 2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks chopandchange, maybe I should also do a tutorial on how to speak "Hillbilly" :D hehe

And then the rest of us could make video responses where we try it! :p

ETA: I forgot to say that I really liked this tutorial as well! :)

yellowchariot
May 2nd, 2010, 03:18 PM
And then the rest of us could make video responses where we try it! :p

ETA: I forgot to say that I really liked this tutorial as well! :)

HAHA that would be a good one!