PDA

View Full Version : Hair talk crushed my funk

LittleOrca
April 29th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I posted in my blog that I wasn't going to be here for a while and that I needed some time away from everything to deal with stuff. (No Mander, you didn't cause the problem, it was just oxygen on the flames. ;) ) School and other things had me crashing and burning, even though I should be happy (got a sword, did well in a project, I had an adorable dog, I am down a lot of weight, etc) but I just wasn't.

I almost skipped a dance group I was invited to tonight because I didnt feel well, but I knew I had to go, so I went. They are a bellydancing group (Dancers Northwest is what I think they call themselves) and I was being invited to join them not just for lessons but their troupe as well. When I got there, a woman noticed my hair (it was pony tailed) and just about fainted. Before I knew it, these women (I was the youngest at 26, the next youngest was 52[ I think]) were pining over my hair and wanted to know what I did to make it so shiny and healthy and long and they had my write down every little thing I do to it. Considering how much I have been down about my hair this was a good pick-me-up, that and my MP3 player I have been waiting A MONTH for finally arrived... happy birthday to me! (late :rolleyes:)

There are just two things about joining the troupe...
1) I have to get a bellydance costume
2) It has to be red (I hate red. :( but they told me Maroon was fine :D)

little_cherry
April 29th, 2010, 11:09 PM
That's fan-freakin-tastic! :D

Arctic_Mama
April 29th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Sounds like a better day all around, I am glad to hear you're out of your fun and feeling better :)

manderly
April 29th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day!! And I'm sorry for adding to the stress you've been under. I know how stifiling the doldrums and depression can be. :flower:

See, we told you your hair was gorgeous :D

Heavenly Locks
April 29th, 2010, 11:29 PM
You need some LHC 'cards' to pass out :) You're a great spokes(Mer-)woman!

LittleOrca
April 29th, 2010, 11:36 PM
You need some LHC 'cards' to pass out :) You're a great spokes(Mer-)woman!

I did tell them to come and look, one woman was very into natural hair care and wearing her hair natural (she is African American) and I told her about treatments like oils and herbal things and she was right on board. I am sure they will be snooping as guests around here for a little bit.

Aer
April 30th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Yay! I'm glad your feeling better! Your always such a positive and interesting person, LHC would of been different with you gone too long. Happy late Birthday!

kdaniels8811
April 30th, 2010, 05:42 AM
So glad to see you back, LittleOrca, I wondered where you went. You do have the most beautiful hair and I LOVE the mermaid tail and your video swimming. Keep posting, I was wondering what happened to some of the "old" members.

Carolyn
April 30th, 2010, 07:01 AM
I'm glad you are feeling better. Nothing like a hair compliment to perk ya up, huh?

RavennaNight
April 30th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Yay! I'm glad you're in better spirits:). I think this Mercury retrograde in Taurus has drained a lot of us. I have been frazzled and at te edge of my nerves lately too, but mine has also subsided. :flower: Glad you're doing better!

Maddy25
April 30th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I'm glad you're back and a dance troupe sounds like so much fun! I'm sure you'll look great in red even if you dont like it :flower: