PDA

View Full Version : Taking the Henna Plunge!

GuinevereMay
April 29th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I've been eyeballing Nightblooming's Strawberry Blonde treatment for a while. Living in Hawaii has bleached a lot of the red out of my hair. I finally decided to take the plunge and had Nightshade mix up a custom batch for me.

Now I have water on the stove to start the process and I can't wait to see the results!

Here is what my hair looks like now (henna virgin):
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4031/4437117715_f01018305b.jpg

I'm hoping to impart more coppery tones into my hair. I'll be back, posting the results either tonight or tomorrow. Wish me luck!

tiggerousity
April 29th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I'm hoping to impart more coppery tones into my hair. I'll be back, posting the results either tonight or tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Goodluck! :) I think you will be pleased!

princessp
April 29th, 2010, 08:30 PM
How exciting good luck!

walterSCAN
April 29th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Good Luck!!

I can't wait to see it!

marisa
April 30th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Good luck! Sure it will turn out lovely. :)

RedStripe
April 30th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Welcome to Club Henna! Looking forward to seeing your results.

Unofficial_Rose
April 30th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Are you sure you want to do this? Your hair is such a gorgeous colour as it is, and henna is next to impossible to get rid of, and it might oxidise into something darker than you want.

(I hope you don't mind my saying).

GuinevereMay
April 30th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Are you sure you want to do this? Your hair is such a gorgeous colour as it is, and henna is next to impossible to get rid of, and it might oxidise into something darker than you want.

(I hope you don't mind my saying).
You are so sweet to say so. I don't mind a bit. Actually, the blend Nightshade whipped up for me was just to impart some coppery tones in my hair.

I have taken about a million pictures of my "new" hair color and could not detect a change in any of the pictures. In person, it looks like a richer golden, but no one has noticed (which isn't a bad thing :wink:.)

My husband says it looks more reddish, and I'm happy with my results. My hair is glossy and shiny and still looks like my hair color.

GuinevereMay
April 30th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Sorry for the crappy photo, but this is the best shot of the "new" color. My hair is uncombed and slightly damp in this shot.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/4567004600_51b148fb75.jpg

PrincessTieflin
May 1st, 2010, 12:57 PM
It looks great kinda a subtle change and so shiney :)

Enjoy :D

Unofficial_Rose
May 1st, 2010, 01:00 PM
Looks really pretty and subtle! It can be such a shame to henna some blonde hair (although some blonde - bright red transformations look good, just depends.:))

Isilme
May 1st, 2010, 01:29 PM
if you want to put in some red in your hair just do a deep treatment and add a tablespoon of dye released henna into the mix, or a tad bit less.

GuinevereMay
May 1st, 2010, 01:33 PM
if you want to put in some red in your hair just do a deep treatment and add a tablespoon of dye released henna into the mix, or a tad bit less.
I had Nightshade mix it up for me so I wouldn't mess things up. It's the color I wanted. In the sunshine, it looks more reddish.