PDA

View Full Version : china! :)

evampr18
April 29th, 2010, 01:14 AM
[quosiorpew'ap'ote][/quote]q U O T E

manderly
April 29th, 2010, 01:17 AM
How very exciting! I'd be more excited about CHINA than your hair, LOL.

As for measuring, since it's something I don't do, I'd say leave it and be surprised. Far too many other wonderful things to pay attention to than ticks on a tape :)

Rivanariko
April 29th, 2010, 01:18 AM
leave the measuring tape! Just think how excited you'll be when you get back and can update with SEVERAL inches of growth all at once!

Oskimosa
April 29th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Wow, what an opportunity!! I wish you the best of luck :)

eternallyverdan
April 29th, 2010, 01:38 AM
非常好! 你會說中文嗎? 你會在哪裡學習?

I agree with everyone else-- just forget the measuring tape and go by landmarks for a while. However, make sure you're careful when you're buying hair products, because labeling standards aren't always strictly followed. I'm terribly envious! I really want to go to China.

ll
April 29th, 2010, 01:56 AM
I would advise bringing your own shampoo, conditioner, oil, etc. If you end up finding new products that you like, then buy more! Toiletries tend to be significantly more expensive in China than they are here, and I've always been disappointed with the selection there. I haven't seen much in the way of organic products when I've been there, mostly only Head and Shoulders, Pantene, Vidal Sassoon, some brands that I haven't seen elsewhere but that are made by Proctor and Gamble and are likely very similar to what they sell here, but with different packaging. Some of the expensive department stores carry L'Oreal, Shiseido, etc. In Hong Kong, one can find trial sizes of a lot of different Western expensive brands -- Redken I think, etc. I think you'll find some great hair toys. Have a terrific time! HTH

jackiesjottings
April 29th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Have fun :)) Hmm- take tape or not... it would be fun to see what your growth is when you get back but I don't think I could wait that long to measure mine!

evampr18
April 29th, 2010, 09:01 AM
非常好! 你會說中文嗎? 你會在哪裡學習?

我很高兴!谢谢。我学习汉语在浙江大学. 我的汉语不恨好,可是我学习很多。

evampr18
April 29th, 2010, 09:04 AM
you guys are toatally right about the tape, ill leave it. i had seemed to forget in my excitement that ill be doing far too many things to be measuring. :) ill keep you guys posted with pics only if anything :) now i just have to figure out how to set up a skype account. haha

Catladyintown
April 29th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Why don't you pickup some natural herbs. Camellia seed powder to wash hair and also Camellia oil for your hair.

Maeve
April 29th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I've studied abroad in China too, it is terrifying, but amazing as well.. I was also already into the hair stuff when I was there, and was a bit dissappointed in the shampoo and conditioning section. Like mentioned before, a lot of Head and Shoulders. But it is hairtoy heaven! I bought some very pretty handcarved wooden hairsticks from a teeny tiny shop for about a euro each. Unfortunately, my hair ate them.:rolleyes:
There is this pharmacy, Watson's, and they have very very cheap camellia oil. I brought some bottles back and still use it, a couple of years later. I think it was about 28 yuan per bottle, roughly 2,80 euro. Have fun and enjoy the experience!

joiekimochi
April 29th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Cooool but like posters above said, it's pretty hard to find organic haircare in China. China's probably the biggest exporter of chemical shampoos! However, since Zheda is not that far from Shanghai you could probably take a trip down to the city, maybe you could find some alternative stuff there. I'm envious...you can go to the Shanghai Expo!!!

bal_love
April 30th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I'm on my year abroad in China right now too! I've been living in Beijing since August and heading back home in June. I was pretty excited before coming about what I'd be able to find for my hair and body, such as oils etc. It turns out that organic products aren't very popular here yet. I've tried a variety of shampoos and conditioners but I haven't been completely satisfied by any of them. Also, tap water tends to be really bad here in Beijing. With the pollution, bad weather and oily Chinese food I'd say it's not the healthiest place to live in.

Apart from that China is one of the most exciting places to be right now, and I'm sure if you search carefully enough you might find some great oils and products. I brought back a few bottles of coconut oil from Thailand back in February because my hair just wasn't happy with anything I'd found here. I also doesn't help that the majority of products have ingredients written only in Chinese! Watsons is a good pharmacy I'd say, their conditioners are good and I've seen a few oils there.

I hope you enjoy China!

Aer
April 30th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Congrats!! I'm excited for you!

evampr18
June 13th, 2010, 01:02 PM
ok, so little update: hair products here as far as shampoos suck. :( ive been trying to stick to my monistat regime but my hair gets oober greasy here :( so im washing often and monistat-ing seldomly. ::sigh::

but i come back home in a week or more so i will get back to my routine and im so excited about measuring, although while i was here i decided to get my first ever bangs, and though im not in love with them i thank my sister for nagging me to bring bobby pins.

May
June 13th, 2010, 01:21 PM
That's great. I hope you keep us posted on your growth while you were gone!

So what were you studying in China? How was your trip?

I think I can speak for LHC when I say we can't wait to see progress pics :pegasus:

evampr18
June 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM
i get back soon and well see what happensss...woo! i am so ready for western toilets and my measuring tape and my healthy shampoo in miami. oh yes and my delicious wraps and food and yummmm . im done with veggie dumplings and rice.