PDA

View Full Version : Flat roots

catkin
April 28th, 2010, 06:19 PM
My roots are flat. The rest of my hair body to it, though usually it's pretty wavy, but my roots though have no oompf to them.
Any tips to help make roots have some volume?
Any products that would help? I am not big on using products but I am open to trying them.

Thanx

oceanwoman111
April 28th, 2010, 09:16 PM
I would like to know about this too. The healthier and silkier my hair gets, the flatter it gets at the roots. :( I love the feel of it ,but it doesn't have any body.

manderly
April 28th, 2010, 09:33 PM
You can try clipping like curly girls do.

Basically when you're air drying, take a section of hair, and push it up and clip it in place. Leave until dry. That gives volume at the root.

Also sleeping with your hair over your pillow or with a ponytail on top your head will give you lift.

When I had shorter hair I would flip my head over every morning and blast the roots with hot, then cold air and I'd get super volume that would last through most of the day :)

Mae
April 28th, 2010, 09:41 PM
What causes flatness for me is playing with my hair. If I comb my hair or run my fingers through it too much, my hair deflates. A tip for volume without using products is to do a loose french braid or bun on the top of the head when the hair is wet. I find that if I let it dry this way, especially if it is a loose, sloppy style and I comb as little as possible, I get lots of volume. I then have to resist the temptation to play with the fluffy hair. :D

GoddesJourney
April 28th, 2010, 09:46 PM
You know, I get this when I shampoo. Once I started CO, I've noticed that I have great volume without the frizz. On the occassion that I shampoo, it all goes flat.

joiekimochi
April 28th, 2010, 09:49 PM
When I was younger and had a SERIOUS problem with flat roots due to rather severe SD (I even had things resembling blackheads on my scalp), I would tie my hair up in a ponytail at the very top of my head before doing my makeup. When I'm done with my makeup and dressing, I'll let the ponytail down and I'll have some nice volume at the roots for about 2 hours before the grease eats in.

oceanwoman111
April 30th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Manderly - I tried clipping a section of my hair up yesterday after a wash and it works really well. Thank you:flowers:

Mae - Guilty as charged. That's a great point. I always have my hands in my hair when it's down. Flipping it from side to side. I noticed on days when I put it up, it is a lot less oily.

x0h_bother
April 30th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Yeah my roots are flat too. It might be oily-ish and flat at the roots from touching my hair, but I see that positively, it's healthy. But I think I'll try the high pony thing for some volume. :-)