PDA

View Full Version : Different structure/thickness of hair

ilovelonghair
May 7th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Does anyone notice any difference in structure/thickness on different spots of their head?

For me my hair is closer spaced on the top part of my head I have been told by hairdressers. Not sure if it's true, but it seems my hair on the back bottom part of my head grows less long, or maybe it just breaks off.
My mother really has two different hair structures, normal curly hair and at the bottom back of her head it's kind of straight baby hair.
My partner has much curlier hair at the bottom back part.

Riot Crrl
May 7th, 2008, 01:51 AM
I'm not sure about the spacing of my hairs, but coarseness? Oh yeah. I have hairs on my canopy that are like 3-4 times as wide as the fine hairs underneath.

Sinnamon
May 7th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Yes I do! I have different hair textures on my head too. It doesn't really go with certain spots on my head, thick hairs are next to thin hairs.

The spreading of my hair is wider on the sides of my head.

Meli
May 7th, 2008, 03:27 AM
I sometimes find single hairs that are coarser than my hair in general, and also more coppery. I don't know if I like them or not, but they are extremely sparse so it really doesn't matter. If I had lots of those I'd be a redhead... :rolleyes:

I also have a few halo hairs at the very front of my hairline. They are a lot wavier than the rest of my hair, and in humid weather they even form loose curls...

Katze
May 7th, 2008, 05:16 AM
yep. top/back of hair is super baby fine, almost translucent.

some of my length is babyfine, some is 'normal' fine.

then I get to the nape and my hairs have the consistency of 'other' body hair almost - wirier, curlier, don't seem to want to grow long. These, I tend to moisturize more, and also use gel on them to tame them.

My mom has fine straight hair and my dad coarse and wavy, so I figure it's genetic.

<She>
May 7th, 2008, 05:22 AM
My canopy is with fine hair, but that may be due to the bleaching 4 years ago. The new growth is medium to coarse with fine ends. And those baby hairs are way too coarse and stand up like antennas. Also, the hair on my nape is the thickest part on my scalp.

noelgirl
May 7th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I sometimes find single hairs that are coarser than my hair in general, and also more coppery. I don't know if I like them or not, but they are extremely sparse so it really doesn't matter. If I had lots of those I'd be a redhead... :rolleyes:

I get a few of those too, except that mine are black while the rest of my hair is more brown. They tend to be more frequent around the crown area for me.

swanns
May 7th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Most of my hair is quite coarse and wavy. Then there are this really curly and dry and coarse sections on my forehead, so when you look at it from the front it actually looks a lot curlier than it is. And then there are these really small sections right next to my ears that are actually quite silky and straight... :rolleyes: Weird.

BlndeInDisguise
May 7th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I have a few hunks of hair (not sure where exactly they come out of my head) that are very coarse and curly, while the rest of my hair is finer and straighter.

My sister had the same thing, except the complete opposite. Most of her hair is coarse(ish) but then she has a hunk of hair that's exactly like what most of my hair is like. :)

Emme76
May 7th, 2008, 07:22 AM
It is a bit weird , but my left side is thicker than my right side.
I know how it sounds...but it is true!
MANY years ago when I really damaged my hair, it was worse on my right side...and the hair there is still in worse shape than the other side....:rolleyes:

/Emme

Sana
May 7th, 2008, 07:59 AM
My hair is more closely spaced in the back not so much on the crown & over the years it seems to have thinned out more over my crown:(

vindo
May 7th, 2008, 08:40 AM
My hair is different all over:

-It grows in a V-Shape.
-Back of the head grows almost twice as fast as front.
-I seem to have less thickness around my temples and most of my thickness just above the nape.
-My left side is a little thinner.

My hair are pretty much all M though..no visibly coarser or finer hairs really..:shrug:-

Babyfine
May 7th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I have 3 different curl patterns in my hair- which I type as 2A in general.
Some of my hair is actually more like 1c or even 1b- this is some of my underneath hair- it's almost straight and smooth and sleek- the hairs around my face are thinner and much wavier, my greys coming in are VERY wavy and I have 2 ringlet curls on the sides of my head if my hair is well moisturized.(3a? 2c?)This can add up to an unkempt look sometimes as my hair is rather thin.

Altocumulus
May 7th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I have 3 different curl patterns in my hair- which I type as 2A in general.
Some of my hair is actually more like 1c or even 1b- this is some of my underneath hair- it's almost straight and smooth and sleek- the hairs around my face are thinner and much wavier, my greys coming in are VERY wavy and I have 2 ringlet curls on the sides of my head if my hair is well moisturized.(3a? 2c?)This can add up to an unkempt look sometimes as my hair is rather thin.

I have a similar pattern to this, although I think the overall effect on me is a 2c/3a. Also, the front and sides grow much slower than the back, and the hair all around my hairline is fine, whereas the rest of my hair is a mixture of coarse and medium. My hair has multiple personality syndrome!

Faepirate
May 7th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I have a mixture on my head, too.
The majority of my hairs on the top of my canopy and next to my ears are quite fine and pale. The hairs underneath tend to be coarser and darker (and more unruly, grrr). I occasionally find the odd ebony-coloured hair lurking in the haystack - there aren't very many of these hairs, only a handful as far as I can see but they are very strange things, extremely coarse and wiry with this weird uber-waviness going on. I generally pluck these ones out because frankly they freak me out.

Blueglass
May 7th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I have always had blonde areas that are finer then my brunnett areas. With graying I find some coarse hair, sometimes with curl wave or bend I used to be 1a. Now it's more like 1b or 1c.

jojo
May 7th, 2008, 12:22 PM
yes me too, my canapy has started getting more coarse, these are like baby spirals, yet my undercarriage (is this the correct term?) is very soft and fine. Also the right hand side of my hair especially the front is more wavy and spirally and my left is more straight, i find it hard to type my hair because of this mix. My mother and father both have thick curly hair.

Chamomilemaiden
May 7th, 2008, 02:10 PM
The individual hair I find on my head are everything from thin to thick. The blonder hairs, especially those which used to be fringe are thinner and also almost straight. The back of my head is wavy, often with curls at the end, and are thicker. The darkest hair are the thickest hairs, sometimes I donīt even think they are mine :-D
The canopy hairs are not thicker, but coarser and less wavy and lighter, but thatīs most probably the damage from sun and other weather conditions.

chrissy-b
May 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Totally. the hair on the top of my head is ultra fine and pretty thin, while the underneath is thicker, coarser and darker. It's always been that way and I notice the same pattern on my nieces.

ilovelonghair
May 9th, 2008, 04:04 AM
I also have difference in color, on top it's darker and on the sides quite light. I have no idea what the color at the back is.