PDA

View Full Version : Full Moon in Scorpio-Trimming my ends tonight-Anyone want to join me?

oceanwoman111
April 28th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hello friends, :waving:

Well, tonight is full moon in Scorpio which, according to hair lore, is the night to trim if you want your hair to be thicker and fuller. Both of which would be nice for me since my hair is quite fine. I thought it would be fun to ask other members to join in so that we could compare our results. I just got a trim about a month ago so I'll just be doing a tiny self-trim tonight. :scissors: I wonder if S&D counts? I hope this doesn't turn into a debate about the subject. Here's a bit more info:

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip001.htm

Oh, and if you live in Italy, you could get in trouble with the law if you are going to the salon for your trim tonight:

http://partners.nytimes.com/library/world/europe/061800italy-econ.html

jera
April 28th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I don't need a trim right now, but I've heard that trimming on the full moon will make hair thicker. :p But is Beltane the best moon for that? If I trim at all maybe it will be Lunasa. By August it will be a full year without a trim for me.

I'm happy to say, I don't need one just yet.

:cheese:

oceanwoman111
April 28th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I don't need a trim right now, but I've heard that trimming on the full moon will make hair thicker. :p But is Beltane the best moon for that? If I trim at all maybe it will be Lunasa. By August it will be a full year without a trim for me.

I'm happy to say, I don't need one just yet.

:cheese:

Hello Jera, my very first LHC friend!:flowers: I was reading about Beltane and they had a lot of suggestions for decorating the hair with flowers and ribbons ,but I couldn't find anything about trims. I definitely don't want to encourage any trimming if you don't need it. Especially if you have been going as long as you have without it. Congrats!! Thanks for your reply Jera. What is Lunasa if you don't mind me asking?

sarah061
April 28th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I don't know if S&D counts either, but that's what I'm gonna do. Thank you so much for the info Ocean Woman! I've been meaning to try this but I was never sure when exactly would be a good time and never got around to researching it.

Calaelen
April 28th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Well, I always use MM's lunar chart, with unbelieveable results. I will never again trim randomly. Today and tomorrow (April 28, 29th) are actually the best days to trim this month to encourage length according to the lunar haircare chart. I've never heard of the Full Moon in Scorpio being a good time to trim for thickness, but regardless, if you cut today, you're likely to get a great result. I usually trim once or twice a year on his most highly recommended days, which coincide with the solstice and equinox months, and am always blown away by my results. I wont be trimming today, but for anyone who will, have fun with it!:D

TinaDenali
April 28th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I just came across this the other day. Here's a website I found:
http://www.earthwitchery.com/moon.html

Click 'Lunar Living' and scroll to the bottom of the page and there's a part on Hair Care. Interesting stuff!

Anyone have experience with this? Thank you for sharing your experience, Calaelen!! And, what is 'MM's Lunar Chart'?

ArienEllariel
April 28th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Funny, I was going to ask my dad to trim my hair tonight... :P

oceanwoman111
April 28th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Sarah061 - Your welcome! Thanks for joining! :hifive: Keep me posted with your progress on this thread. We'll see if our hair seems any thicker in the next couple of weeks. I do believe in the effect of Lunar cycles on crops so we'll see.

Calaeen- Thanks for the info. Yea!! Maybe our hair will get thicker, fuller and longer!!:happydance:

TinaDenali- Thank you so much. That's an awesome site.

oceanwoman111
April 28th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Funny, I was going to ask my dad to trim my hair tonight... :P

Wow, you have great instincts! :wink:

CindyLea1
April 28th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Oh I'm going to do a micro self trim tonight after the kids are in bed. I need to do something about the funky ends.:o

Good to know it's a good night for that sorta thing:eyebrows:

RavennaNight
April 28th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I trimmed last month. So I'm out. From my personal experience as a Saggitarius, when the moon is in Scorpio, the full especially, it just not a good time for anything. I will refrain from sharp objects like scissors thankyouverymuch. :silly: oh and mercury is in retrograde. No no no.

PrincessTieflin
April 28th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I need a trim in the worst way and a bit of thicknes and volume wouldnt hurt, count me in as well :D

Animae
April 28th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I'm going to join you all this evening. this seems like a very fun experiment. Now to wait for the moon to rise!!

oceanwoman111
April 28th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I trimmed last month. So I'm out. From my personal experience as a Saggitarius, when the moon is in Scorpio, the full especially, it just not a good time for anything. I will refrain from sharp objects like scissors thankyouverymuch. :silly: oh and mercury is in retrograde. No no no.

LOL! Hey, I'm a Scorpio. Well, Scorp/Sag cusp ,but my family and I were cracking up when I read your post to them. My mom is a Leo and she always says that the Scorp in me is the reason we fight. :lol:

oceanwoman111
April 28th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Thank you everybody for joining in. :grouphug: It will be fun to see the results!

Well, I've done the deed. I actually trimmed it outside in the moonlight. :lol:

Magicknthenight
April 28th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Well, tonight is full moon in Scorpio which, according to hair lore, is the night to trim if you want your hair to be thicker and fuller.

Odd. I somehow got the idea that trimming on the 22nd of April would be the best time. So i did. I do think it can't possibly hurt it so i trimmed last time depending on the day. I was gonna do it again but i guess i trimmed it on the wrong date this time.:doh:
Well hopefully it will grow fast anyways:D
That trimming outside in the moonlight thing sounds cool. If not for the hair then for the moon!
Maybe theirs something to when people pick the days to cut their hair. Back when i was in high school and someone came to school with a trim/hair cut their was never just 1 person. It was always multiple people that did it and they never really planned it. :toofers:

Aer
April 28th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Another one to count in. It should be fine to cut around Beltaine, because that day is all about fertility, and thicker, fuller hair comes off as a fertile effort to me.

oceanwoman111
April 28th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Odd. I somehow got the idea that trimming on the 22nd of April would be the best time. So i did. I do think it can't possibly hurt it so i trimmed last time depending on the day. I was gonna do it again but i guess i trimmed it on the wrong date this time.:doh:
Well hopefully it will grow fast anyways:D
That trimming outside in the moonlight thing sounds cool. If not for the hair then for the moon!
Maybe theirs something to when people pick the days to cut their hair. Back when i was in high school and someone came to school with a trim/hair cut their was never just 1 person. It was always multiple people that did it and they never really planned it. :toofers:

From what I've read online, April 22nd was a good day. :) Most sites say that if you trim while the moon is waxing, it will result in faster hair growth and stronger and longer hair. When the moon is waning, it's good to remove hair, waxing eyebrows or Misstache. It suppose to stay gone longer. I'm new to this ,but I do think that it's fascinating. It is strange how people seem to get the urge to cut at the same time.
Hmmm:hmm:

oceanwoman111
April 28th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Another one to count in. It should be fine to cut around Beltaine, because that day is all about fertility, and thicker, fuller hair comes off as a fertile effort to me.

That's very true. Welcome aboard! Awesome avatar.

manderly
April 28th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Yup, today's the day to trim for length, according to MM. I haven't tried it yet, but what the heck. I've got all the red dates programmed in my phone and will do microtrims during each.

Yay length!

https://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

Animae
April 29th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I went into my backyard and did it last night. I was joined by a rabbit having a late night snack, who just sat there and watched me.

Was anyone else's full moon just really really pretty? there was a golden ring around it where I am, and it just lit up my whole yard. I love a good summer moon.

oceanwoman111
April 29th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Animae, Awww, that's so cute!! He or she was probably attracted to you bc you were communing with appreciating the natural world. :) The moon was gorgeous last night! It did have a golden hue and the light was so bright, I felt like basking in it. I trimmed mine outside as well. I could really feel the connection. This might be premature ,but my hair feel much fuller today. As if it has more body or something. Thanks so much for participating. :flowers:

Please keep me updated on any developments. Added thickness, fullness,length or anything.

PrincessTieflin
April 29th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I never thought of going outside :S oh well I trimmed a bit more then I wanted but that is because I wanted to get the last of my splits off, I think it was like almost an inch... Ill have to break out the tape measure and see where I am. seeing how I have not measured in over a year!

Here's to seeing new length/thinkness :D

Gem
April 29th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I was planning on trimming this weekend, but I saw this thread, and then I saw the full moon outside my window at about 3 a.m. So for my first trim in over a year, it was spur-of-the-moment at 3 a.m. :D
My hair desperately needed the trim, and it feels much better today.

sibiryachka
April 29th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Well, I'm in the no-trimming club, but I do an extra-aggressive S&D last night, and a teeny-tiny dusting this morning. I figure any cutting counts, right? ; )

PrincessTieflin
May 4th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Perhaps I am just getting overexcited or maybe it worked but it seems that my hair is feeling thicker the last few days

Anyone else?

Henrietta
May 4th, 2010, 02:21 PM
:scissors: I wonder if S&D counts?

If I knew that I shouls trim according to moon phases, I would wait. But now I am after trimming.

I've been searching for this for few days and still nothing. Could someone tell me what S&D is, please? ;)

PrincessTieflin
May 4th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I THINK they are talking about search and destroy ;)

But I could be wrong LOL

Henrietta
May 4th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Whoa! Sounds grimly! Split ends should be worry.
But I do it sometimes to individual split ends. Really nice definition ;> Suitable.

oceanwoman111
May 4th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Perhaps I am just getting overexcited or maybe it worked but it seems that my hair is feeling thicker the last few days

Anyone else?

:hifive: My hair seems a bit thicker too. There is a particular area that had thinned out after I had surgery a year and a half ago. It has gotten better this past year ,but about two days after we trimmed, the thinner section seemed to fill in more and the overall feel is a bit heavier. Keep me posted.

oceanwoman111
May 17th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Update : My hair doesn't really seem that much thicker. Slightly if at all. :( Anyone else notice any changes?

Purdy Bear
May 18th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Im interested in doing this when I do have hair, as I know they have done studies on Vegetable growing and have seen marked improvement of yield when planting with moon cycles.

Heres another questions: to cleanse the hair equipment (combs etc) of negative energies do they go out at a full moon like you would other metaphysical stuff or would just running them under some water be enough? I guess using salt or burying in the earth as a cleanser is a huge no no, as this could get onto the hair and damage it.

NB Cleansing is usually done when you buy new items, or get them after someone elses use - this is usually done with healing stones, and Tarot cards and the like.

PrincessTieflin
May 19th, 2010, 11:04 AM
My hair seems to be filling in a bit I have quite a halo going, and when I trimmed my length I trimmed my bangs as well and they are already getting in my face..

It could be that its spring now.. and that my hair is recovering from a HUGE shed after my injury in january... either way Ill take the growth and halo :laughs:

Topaz
May 19th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I'm coming into this a couple of days late in May to join in the great lunar length cut (according to the MM site), but I see that this coming Friday and Saturday are the days to cut for thickness, so that's what I'm going to do. Now that my longest tippy tips in the back are growing past waist, they are pretty darned thin. I don't want to sacrifice my hard won length, but I will definitely give myself a good micro-trim on Friday night and see if it starts making a difference in my thickness.

This is a wonderful topic! :cheese:

lastnite
May 20th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Do any long hairs here trim their hair depending on what phase the moon is? It's something I've been doing for many years. I follow the Farmer's Almanac here (http://www.almanac.com/bestdays/timetable) I don't know if it's helped much, but I figure it can't hurt either. I'll also do any special treatments on the days it's supposed to be good for growth, and the days it says discourages growth I don't do anything with my hair to try avoid breakage or anything. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who does this. ;)

AnitaThorn
May 21st, 2010, 04:17 AM
I've never tried that, but it looks really cool! I'm going to save it for future reference. :]

FrannyG
May 21st, 2010, 05:27 AM
Yes, I absolutely do trim on the moon phase. I always check The Almanac for best days. Does it work? I don't know for sure and I don't care. I just know that I have a very good growth rate, and I don't plan on changing my routine from following the moon.

Aquamarine
May 21st, 2010, 06:15 AM
Haven't tried this but this "trimming on the moon phase" thing sounds so fascinating.:)

JenniferNoel
May 21st, 2010, 06:19 AM
No, but I find it very interesting. Perhaps I should give it a go!
I've been reading up on those "theories" for quite some time now.
May really be something to it.

lilravendark
May 21st, 2010, 06:32 AM
My mum surprised me by saying the other day she should trim it when the moon is full or there was a new moon I forget but I was stunned because everything else I say about hair from LHC like WO she turns her nose up at , laughs at how henna looks like goose poo and shakes her head when I have my head covered in honey. I never knew mum knew about the moon method lol so my mum used to do it I'm not trimming this year but maybe next year I'll give it a go :D

Calaelen
May 21st, 2010, 08:32 AM
I use the lunar haircare chart from Morrocco Method. His is a lot more detailed than the almanac in that you can choose the best days for different hair purposes. ie, lengthening, strengthening, root work, thickening, beautifying.

I find it makes such a difference, that I will never go back to random trims.

The hair retarding chart also seen there works unbelievably well giving me a week or two more than usual between waxes, and 3-4 days longer between shaves.

Here it is. https://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

Hope this helps!

jel
May 21st, 2010, 10:04 AM
I have only recently started trimming (after being in the No-Trimming Club for years), but I have been thinking about it for a long time. I base my dates on this article (http://messaging.warmbrodt.com/az/az.php?v=2&mid=1816456&PHPSESSID=325ab40617d03c70d225c34c94333520) by Susan Larson, and Lunabar moon phase software.

I trimmed, for the first time in almost 5 years, a few days ago. The moon was waxing, in Cancer, which is supposed to be the best sign for cutting for growth and thickness. We shall see! :D

BunnyBee
May 21st, 2010, 10:33 AM
Well I only tend to trim when my hair NEEDS it, like I've caught it on something or whatever.. lol So I don't know if I could do that. Sounds very superstitious, but hey if it works who am I to argue? :P

Calaelen
May 21st, 2010, 11:19 AM
Well I only tend to trim when my hair NEEDS it, like I've caught it on something or whatever.. lol So I don't know if I could do that. Sounds very superstitious, but hey if it works who am I to argue? :P
It really isn't superstitious at all, but based on how the moon waxes and wanes. It is based on scientific study, as is the farmer's almanac. The moon phases affect the ocean tides, crop growth, a woman's menstrual cycles and hormones, so why is it any different to think they would affect hair growth in the same way?

Just saying...

teela1978
May 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
I usually cut on equinoxes and solstices.... or at least thereabouts. Not for any real reason other than it gives me dates about 3 months apart to do a quick trim. If there's more behind it that will help my hair grow then that's nice, but I doubt it ;)

Its kind of a nice ritual to have though, marks the passing of time.

kelly-j
May 21st, 2010, 11:37 AM
I´ve never thougt about this before joining LHC, but I would moust definitely choose a good date to trim my hair in the beginning of 2011!

jera
May 22nd, 2010, 01:06 AM
Yes, I trim according to the moon's phase. When I trim at all. Not much anymore because I want to grow some length. :) It's all pretty interesting.

aksown
May 22nd, 2010, 01:28 AM
My mom did this my entire childhood. Trim a girl's hair when the moon is waxing so it'll grow faster, trim a boy's hair when the the moon is waning so it'll grow slower. Trim fingernails, toenails and shave body hair when the moon is waning, etc.
I've kind of fallen out of the habit but I really should do it that way again since I do notice the difference in growth.

Night_Kitten
May 22nd, 2010, 07:17 AM
I've never thought about it before, but reading this I'll definitely try to avoid trimming on the "bad" days for hair growth...

DARKMARTIAN
May 22nd, 2010, 07:26 AM
Do any long hairs here trim their hair depending on what phase the moon is? It's something I've been doing for many years. I follow the Farmer's Almanac here (http://www.almanac.com/bestdays/timetable) I don't know if it's helped much, but I figure it can't hurt either. I'll also do any special treatments on the days it's supposed to be good for growth, and the days it says discourages growth I don't do anything with my hair to try avoid breakage or anything. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who does this. ;)

Honestly....the "Witches Almanac" might be a better source for this topic. Or even better....Llewellyn's current Moon Sign Book for said year. And a moon phase widget would be a cool addition to this site I think......

Katrina
May 22nd, 2010, 07:51 AM
I trim on new moon or when the moon is waxing. Not sure if it makes any difference, really, but I have figured that it cannot make any harm either. Anyway, my hair grows quite fast :)

TammySue
May 22nd, 2010, 08:43 AM
Me! I have been trimming according to the waxing moon and getting pretty good growth results. Since I just trimmed on May 20th, looks I'm following the Farmer's Almanac. (I second DARKMARTIAN's suggestion!) :D

Lykaios
May 22nd, 2010, 09:36 AM
Well, I might have to try this, why not? I trimmed my hair a bit on the 19th, which is relieving to me, since it was apparently a "beautifying"day :D

I'll see about trimming on midsummer, I'll be celebrating in Newfoundland that day!:cheese:

klcqtee
May 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Honestly....the "Witches Almanac" might be a better source for this topic. Or even better....Llewellyn's current Moon Sign Book for said year. And a moon phase widget would be a cool addition to this site I think......

Why do you suggest the "Witches Almanac" over the others? I've never heard of it. Something special about hair in that one?

DARKMARTIAN
May 22nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
Why do you suggest the "Witches Almanac" over the others? I've never heard of it. Something special about hair in that one?

Ive seen the topic mentioned in it specifically, yes......:)

oceanwoman111
May 22nd, 2010, 04:54 PM
I'm coming into this a couple of days late in May to join in the great lunar length cut (according to the MM site), but I see that this coming Friday and Saturday are the days to cut for thickness, so that's what I'm going to do. Now that my longest tippy tips in the back are growing past waist, they are pretty darned thin.

This is a wonderful topic! :cheese:

Welcome!! Thanks for joining in! :hifive:

I have to say that just today, I've noticed a difference in thickness. I've done braids before ,but today when I let them out, I was shocked!! I don't remember having this much mass before, even with waves.

dropinthebucket
May 22nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
Thank you so much for posting this! I followed the link - that was really interesting, i don't know anything about astrology, but it sounds really fun to do hair on lunar dates!

Anyone want to make a plan to trim on the Full Moon in Leo for 2011? S'posed to make your hair thick, full, and long like a lion's mane! (and apparently, only happens once a year?)

I not only vow to trim on the Full Moon in Leo, which according to posted site will be Feb. 18, 2011, but also NOT to trim at all until then!!! :)

Norman
May 23rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
During the 1980's , Dhorie Geronimo who won Hair magazine's longst hair category in their annual long hair contest in the UK, was seen on national TV (BBC) extolling the virtues of trimming ones hair according to the cycles of the moon. It certainly seemed to work in her case and she swore by the method.