PDA

View Full Version : Tribal Belly Dance hair?

Olde Soul
April 28th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Hi all,

Is there a thread somewhere for tribal styles? I've got my first drum circle tonight and I'm at a loss for what to do with my hair. I'd wear it down but I'm wearing a chain belt and don't want my ends getting caught.

GuinevereMay
April 28th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Hi all,

Is there a thread somewhere for tribal styles? I've got my first drum circle tonight and I'm at a loss for what to do with my hair. I'd wear it down but I'm wearing a chain belt and don't want my ends getting caught.
Braids are classic and appropriate for just about everything.

Isilme
April 28th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I often do a cinnamon bun on either side of my head and decorate it with a big flower. You could also wear dread falls. Hairsticks and huge flowers are often good accessories.

Twil
April 28th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I'm a fan of one high pony tail, with a scarf wrapped around the base a few times. It's really pretty on long hair, and keeps it from being caught in a belt.

dropinthebucket
April 28th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Have you seen Sera's East Coast Tribal video? She does an amazing braid variation with her long hair (think it's her hair??) - it's interwined with long cords and tassels, like some people do braid ribbons. Looks awesome, especially with the tribal-inspired variations on lebanese head tossing! (this is totally my fave instructional tribal video too, btw!) :)

LittleOrca
April 28th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Braids, ponytails, and lose with headdresses and/or flowers clipped into the hair are what I often see. How about a headband like this one? I am going to make one as soon as I have time (the materials are in a bag next to me, but mine has shells. :) )

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.50101729.jpg

jivete
April 28th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Tribal hair is often worn up, with some sort of adornment. For something like a drum circle, and I had hair as long as your, I'd probably just do an elaborate bun with a few extra hair sticks, maybe a flower or fall if I had one and some faux, side-swept bangs if I didn't have bangs.

Olde Soul
April 28th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks ladies!

I'll probably end up doing a braid, maybe with scarves or ribbons. We've got 40mph winds around here, no way I'm not tying my ends up. =P

Olde Soul
April 28th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Actually...I've got a steel bun cage and I'm going in silver and black. Hmmm...